ADVERTISEMENT

US Study: Cisgender Kids (mostly Boys) Are The Majority of Teenagers Getting Gender Affirming Surgery (Absolutely Nobody under 12)

Yeah, I mean there's rare cases of these types of things. But these aren't the surgeries people want stopped, however in the 1 in a billion person can't get the treatment they need because of the law, in that case they shouldn't be mad at the law, they should be mad at the doctors who did these elective surgeries on minors and forced the government to step in.
Disagree, this is being pushed by the influencer class. To pay their mortgage.
They spread ignorance and end up hurting people with legitimate needs.
The Jazz girl once she gained a following had to remove a lot of her social media presence. She was being stalked by multiple individuals IRL and online. Calling her an abomination. And God chose her to have both sex parts, etc etc.

• Sad
Reactions: KFsdisciple
No, there's not a ton of valid medical reasons to perform these surgeries, they should be extremely rare, and not because little 10 year old johnny feels pretty.

They are extremely rare.

Just for the record, you thing a straight male should have to go through high school with boobs?

😄 that made me think of "bob" from fight club.
The drug that is used to counteract Bitch Tittles is what would most often catch PED users for awhile.
Too many obvious users were getting away with masking agents. Eventually a smart chemist in testing got the other drug on the banned substance list.

Disagree, this is being pushed by the influencer class. To pay their mortgage.
They spread ignorance and end up hurting people with legitimate needs.
The Jazz girl once she gained a following had to remove a lot of her social media presence. She was being stalked by multiple individuals IRL and online. Calling her an abomination. And God chose her to have both sex parts, etc etc.
There's always going to be a sad story. This is a sad story. My heart does go out to people with medical conditions it really does. But I have a hard time seeing the justification for allowing 150 elective meatball surgeries (and growing every minute, keep in mind that figure was from 4 years ago, the transiing movement of kids has exploded since then) so we can keep open the option for the 1 in a half billion medically needed surgery.

"In a sample that combined transgender and cisgender minors, 150 breast reductions were done on youth. Of those, 146 (or 97%) of these surgeries were done on cisgender boys who had gynecomastia, the medical term for unwanted breast development in cisgender males."

That's what I was talking about... I read that as 146 breast reductions done on minor boys. Do you read something different from this?
So many lies in this article.

Gynecomastia has nothing to do with gender. These boys grow excess breast tissue. These boys may have surgery to remove the breast tissue, but this does not have anything to do with gender or gender affirming care. They have a medical condition that they are treating.

Gynecomastia has nothing to do with gender. These boys grow excess breast tissue. These boys may have surgery to remove the breast tissue, but this does not have anything to do with gender or gender affirming care. They have a medical condition that they are treating.
cisgender male seems like the long way of saying "boy"

Then why do they need it removed, the excess tissue is harmless.

What if the man boobs are just from being a fat ass? Still worth having surgery? Torbee obviously didn't have it done and he seems fine other than some anger issues towards Republicans. Is it possible that Republicans made fun of him for it and Democrats just succled him tenderly as a youth?

There's always going to be a sad story. This is a sad story. My heart does go out to people with medical conditions it really does. But I have a hard time seeing the justification for allowing 150 elective meatball surgeries (and growing every minute, keep in mind that figure was from 4 years ago, the transiing movement of kids has exploded since then) so we can keep open the option for the 1 in a half billion medically needed surgery.
Idk, the starting point is still extremely rare. Any increase is going to seem mathematically huge. Has the trans movement exploded or is it being exploited for monetary gain? Which is what America always does with an issue.
To quote the Simpson’s. Sack beatings by doorknobs has increased by 800%. It’s an epidemic.

This article is very misleading. To group boys with gynecomastia in the same group as gender affirming care is blatent lying. Cancer patients frequently get mastectomies to treat their breast cancer and then they get breast implants afterward, this is not considered an elective breast augmentation.

This article has limitations based on how they are determining the study group. Many insurances will not pay for gender affirming care for minors. So if a minor wants a mastectomy for gender affirming care and is 16, they have 2 options. They can pay a cash payment which may be around 4-6 thousand dollars; or they can submit this to insurance and hope insurance will cover the bill. The kicker is that if insurance denies the claim, then the patient is on the hook to pay the insurance rate which may end up being 20-40 thousand dollars. (yes this is true)

A lot of minors who have gender affirming care pay the cash rate. The article specifically states that these numbers come from the claims filed through insurance. It is very easy to pull the medical codes that are billed through insurance, but it is much more difficult to pull the cash pay numbers. This article should be treated like an opinion piece with very limited and incomplete data.

Last edited:
Sometimes it's hard to come out of the closet as a pedophile....
giphy.gif

Reactions: TennNole17
Then why do they need it removed, the excess tissue is harmless.
It can be very painful and it is also can be tough to cope with as a boy/man who appears to have breasts.

It is not medically necessary to get treated, but some people do struggle with the condition. There are obviously different degrees of this condition as well.

Reactions: goldmom
So if you had a straight teen son and he had this pretty rare medical issue where he began developing breasts like women, and he was embarrassed and didn't want to walk around in a bra and big boobs, you would say sorry, nothing can be done until you are an adult? Just deal with it as best you can and enjoy high school?
If I’m the parent of a heterosexual child whose hormones have gone awry in puberty and he develops moobs (much to his dismay as an adolescent heterosexual) I would definitely take him to a plastic surgeon and have it addressed.
It’s not gender changing. He’s still a male. At this point it would be cosmetic and in the same category as a nose job IMO.

Gynecomastia is not uncommon. somewhere between 30-60% of men/boys have gynecomastia. Most people just wear a looser shirt or don't take their shirt off when swimming. Its not a big deal. But some people do struggle with the pain or they feel uncomfortable with the way they look. Most people just deal with the body they have though.

The majority of kids are not having gynecomastia surgery under 18. Plastic surgeons generally don't like to do this because the body changes a lot during puberty so the outcome may change as they grow. Most plastic surgeons don't like to do elective breast augmentations on girls before 18 either because of the changes that occur during these years.

People have all sorts of medical abnormalities that most of the general public are unaware of.

I am 100% against minors having gender affirming care surgery. I think gender affirming care for trans people should be considered an elective procedure that is not covered by insurance. I don't think gac is any different than a woman getting a breast augmentation for larger breasts. Right now insurance covers trans procedures better than it does reconstruction for women with really messed up breasts. That is the sad part.

Last edited:
It can be very painful and it is also can be tough to cope with as a boy/man who appears to have breasts.

It is not medically necessary to get treated, but some people do struggle with the condition. There are obviously different degrees of this condition as well.
Are you saying this decision should be left to the patient, their parents and their doctor?

Cutting breast tissue isn’t the same as cutting up a penis or a vagina or hormone therapy.

But carry on with your false equivalency.

Gynecomastia is not uncommon. somewhere between 30-60% of men/boys have gynecomastia. Most people just wear a looser shirt or don't take their shirt off when swimming. Its not a big deal. But some people do struggle with the pain or they feel uncomfortable with the way they look. Most people just deal with the body they have though.

The majority of kids are not having gynecomastia surgery under 18. Plastic surgeons generally don't like to do this because the body changes a lot during puberty so the outcome may change as they grow. Most plastic surgeons don't like to do elective breast augmentations on girls before 18 either because of the changes that occur during these years.

People have all sorts of medical abnormalities that most of the general public are unaware of.

I am 100% against minors having gender affirming care surgery. I think gender affirming care for trans people should be considered an elective procedure that is not covered by insurance. I don't think gaf is any different than a woman getting a breast augmentation for larger breasts. Right now insurance covers trans procedures better than it does reconstruction for women with really messed up breasts. That is the sad part.
So, if you want to be consistent, this surgery for gynecomastia should be elective and not covered by insurance as well. Correct?

Not that you've ever been known for consistency.

Cutting breast tissue isn’t the same as cutting up a penis or a vagina or hormone therapy.

But carry on with your false equivalency.
The evidence does NOT prove that cross sex hormones or puberty blockers are an effective treatment for gender dysphoria. There were a bunch of trans activist who published research that made this claim, but the legitimate research since then has not replicated these claims.

There are very serious side effects of puberty blockers and cross sex hormones.

This is the most comprehensive review of the data to date. Feel free to educate yourself. Download the final report.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
it is also can be tough to cope with as a boy/man who appears to have breasts.
Thus getting their breasts reduced is gender affirming care for these young men. I fully support their right to receive treatment. Everyone should have the right to feel comfortable in their own bodies, don't you agree?

Reactions: Joes Place
Thus getting their breasts reduced is gender affirming care for these young men. I fully support their right to receive treatment. Everyone should have the right to feel comfortable in their own bodies, don't you agree?
I agree and disagree at the same time. These guys are not doing it to affirm their own gender. It may simply be for vanity. Im sure the reasons are different for every person. Gynecomastia is considered a medical issue because it is associated with excess hormones which causes enlargement of breast tissue. It is not considered a normal finding for a man to have breasts which is why this is covered.

Having said that, a woman who has small/no boobs does not get a breast augmentation covered by insurance. This is considered a normal variation of the female anatomy and so it is not covered. I think a person could take this to court to get their elective breast augmentation covered under the premise of gender affirming care. But who knows how this would turn out.

A woman can get a breast reduction covered by insurance if they can prove that their large breasts are causing them physical pain such as back pain. However, a person with severely deformed breasts (1 is an A cup, the other is a d cup) will not be covered by insurance.

The whole system is messed up and does not always make sense or treat people equally. The idea that everyone should have the right to feel comfortable in their own body is very idealistic. Do you think insurance needs to pay for people who are fat to have liposuction because they don't feel comfortable as a fat person? Like I said before, I think most of these procedures should be considered elective procedures and be cash pay, not covered by insurance. Insurance should be reserved for people who have actual medical conditions that need addressed.

I agree and disagree at the same time. These guys are not doing it to affirm their own gender. It may simply be for vanity. Im sure the reasons are different for every person. Gynecomastia is considered a medical issue because it is associated with excess hormones which causes enlargement of breast tissue. It is not considered a normal finding for a man to have breasts which is why this is covered.

Having said that, a woman who has small/no boobs does not get a breast augmentation covered by insurance. This is considered a normal variation of the female anatomy and so it is not covered. I think a person could take this to court to get their elective breast augmentation covered under the premise of gender affirming care. But who knows how this would turn out.

A woman can get a breast reduction covered by insurance if they can prove that their large breasts are causing them physical pain such as back pain. However, a person with severely deformed breasts (1 is an A cup, the other is a d cup) will not be covered by insurance.

The whole system is messed up and does not always make sense or treat people equally. The idea that everyone should have the right to feel comfortable in their own body is very idealistic. Do you think insurance needs to pay for people who are fat to have liposuction because they don't feel comfortable as a fat person? Like I said before, I think most of these procedures should be considered elective procedures and be cash pay, not covered by insurance. Insurance should be reserved for people who have actual medical conditions that need addressed.
Also gender dysphoria is a mental condition, what other mental conditions do we treat with surgery? It's an honest question.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT