ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today: Iowa-NW send sport back to stone age

Oh no! My fragile ego is completely tied to how our offense does, it doesn’t matter that we’re 7-2, the talking heads are making fun of us.😭
I Dont Morgan Freeman GIF

They're not wrong. A win is a win but our wins are only wins because our schedule is lukewarm poop. Iowa football doesn't have to be this way. It is possible to have a great defense and a good offense. Can't wait for KF to move on and for this program to get some new blood.

KF isn't going anywhere. That angers you. I'm sorry about it. Really.

Thank god an out of touch newspaper that retards read because it’s in color are saying what we all know.

They're not wrong. A win is a win but our wins are only wins because our schedule is lukewarm poop. Iowa football doesn't have to be this way. It is possible to have a great defense and a good offense. Can't wait for KF to move on and for this program to get some new blood.
So seriously, our WE the ONLY team in the B1G, and Hell in the country playing a similar schedule? Truly, be honest and really look at that, and then consider we're one of SIX teams to have won 8 or more games the last six years. These schedule complaints are meaningless. You play who the league schedules you to play, and 90% of the country doesn't play a schedule any tougher then our year in ad year out, and they don't win 8-9 games every year. There are really only about 7-8 REALLY good teams every year, then most, just like Iowa are in a level down, and then another smaller group who are just fodder.

You might not - but the 17 year olds deciding where to spend the next four years of their football career do.
That's a them problem for the gullible, easily impressionable young dumb broke high school kids.............

But then again most of the top football talent ain't goin' to play no skool.

So seriously, our WE the ONLY team in the B1G, and Hell in the country playing a similar schedule? Truly, be honest and really look at that, and then consider we're one of SIX teams to have won 8 or more games the last six years. These schedule complaints are meaningless. You play who the league schedules you to play, and 90% of the country doesn't play a schedule any tougher then our year in ad year out, and they don't win 8-9 games every year. There are really only about 7-8 REALLY good teams every year, then most, just like Iowa are in a level down, and then another smaller group who are just fodder.
Well I'm not sure where you got your 90% metric from, but the other 50% of our conference plays a tougher schedule every year automatically, lol. Then add the West teams that get multiples of tOSU, Mich, PSU.

Bought the tix and got the VRBO locked up well before the season started. If I knew then the clusterf*ck that KF and BF were going to make of the 2023 season, I definitely wouldn't have committed, lol. But nice try.
So you ain’t going to BTCG?

I still see 9 or 10 wins next year. With the porous D they play in the P12, our offensive numbers will definitely go up.
No, they won’t. Iowa would not be able to move the ball against USC or any PAC-12 team. MN and NW do not have quality defenses and Iowa’s offense was as inept as can be…And they are getting worse. You think Iowa will move the ball up and down the field on Washington and UCLA when they can barely get a first down against Michigan State and Purdue? GMAFB.

The media can absolutely eff right off. This Iowa team is exactly what it is and exactly what it was expected to be. They can whine and cry that these games aren’t 52-42, but that’s not who Iowa is. The offense is pathetic and I will not argue that, but it was bad to start and now it’s lost like 8 guys, so nobody should expect it to get better. This defense is incredible and the special teams are really special. It’s not everyone’s brand of football, but I’m going to love this team for what it is for as long as it lasts.

You might not - but the 17 year olds deciding where to spend the next four years of their football career do.
Sure….but what else is to be done? They didn’t fire Brian 3 years ago. They didn’t fire him 2 years ago. They didn’t fire him last year. They’ve now effectively fired him. Winning with a shitty offense is better than losing with a shitty offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT