ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today: Iowa-NW send sport back to stone age

I mean, they changed nothing but you expected something different? I suppose they supposedly had better personnel coming in and injuries have affected that, but come on.
I was excited about Cade and All Jr. coming in and thought those additions and extra heat on Bri Bri with the ppg thing would result in an improved offense. Silly, I know.

Reactions: BioHawk
Without the defense scoring any of those 23 pts.
If Iowa hit the goal of 25 points/game, it would be 81st in CFB

Not exactly great, but, would be significantly better than what it is currently.

Going to need more blocked punts and turnovers in the Rutgers and Nebraska games

Hey guys, FT is “just here for the wrestling conversation” again, I see. FT, do you even post on BWI anymore or just strictly the Iowa board?

Edit to add: by my count Iowa and Penn State each currently have 18 defensive players in the NFL.
I think you are confusing me with another PSU wrestling fan, I know better to make comments like that on your board. It's actually funny when one of our guys tries to play nice and engage in real wrestling conversation knowing it will inevitably blow up in their face.

btw, lately the football board makes you guys look almost civil.

Most wins by an FBS team over the last 10 years. Iowa is #16. What the hell am I missing? What the hell? What is it exactly that you want?
I would like Iowa to not lose games to inferior opponents 10-7, 9-7, and 12-10. I would like an Iowa offense that doesn't rely on the punter to win games. I would like an Iowa offense that is AT LEAST slightly below average.

Why is that too much to ask (or expect)?

This is the problem. The coaches should expect it to get better. That is what they are getting paid a boatload of money to make happen. Every coach should expect their team to get better. How can you call yourself a coach and not expect your team to get better? Fan have a right to expect results for the money they spend. Coaches need to do their job and their job is making the team better. Captain Nepo had a glaring weakness and doubled down on not making improvement because it involved his son.
You really chipped my comment down to pull all the context out. Obviously they have to get better - I’m just pointing out that right now, in season, improvement is only going to be able to come in the margins. You can play different guys that are on your roster. You can try mixing Cooper in more. You can re-mix how you’re calling plays - but you can’t go hit free agency and bring in another QB or go sign some OL mid-season.

They’re going to have to get the OC hire right this offseason and, even if said OC is running a Ferentz game plan, we’ve seen such things perform much better in the past than we’ve seen the last 3 years. Hopefully new OC can salvage some recruiting and show significant improvement next year with Cade, Lainez or whoever at QB.

I would like Iowa to not lose games to inferior opponents 10-7, 9-7, and 12-10. I would like an Iowa offense that doesn't rely on the punter to win games. I would like an Iowa offense that is AT LEAST slightly below average.

Why is that too much to ask (or expect)?
So you want to see just an average offense that would put Iowa at 10-2/11-1 every year and playing in the B1G Championship? Nope, can’t have nice things. It may be different now with the 4 new coming in, but even then with an average offense and continuing great play out of the defense and special team 9-3 would be the floor. Good luck getting that.

Just dawned on me that it is possible for us to win the Big Ten West by 3 games, aka a cake walk, while averaging 2 touchdowns or less worth of points per game in conference. Winning by only 2 games is even easier to accomplish from a probability standpoint(Iowa wins out while Wisconsin and Minnesota lose only one more game). And then consider that the Minnesota game was stolen from us, it really is mind blowing. Although that TD would have put us at 14.66 ppg currently.

Looking at the three game lead in the standings possibility:
If Nebraska loses to Iowa and Maryland while beating Wisconsin, they finish 4-5
If Wisconsin loses to Northwestern and Nebraska while beating Minnesota, they finish 4-5
If Minnesota loses to OSU and Wisconsin, they finish at best 4-5.
If Northwestern beats Wisconsin but loses to Purdue or Illinois, they finish at best 4-5.
If Illinois loses to Iowa, they finish at best 4-5.
Purdue can't finish better than 4-5.

Looking at the scoring possibility:
Looking at conference games only:
Rutgers is averaging just under 20 ppg.
Illinois is averaging just over 21 ppg.
Nebraska is averaging 17 ppg.

We typically hold teams 7-10 points below their average. Meaning 12-15 scored by us points likely wins each of those games.

If we average 15 points per game in each of the last three games, we finish the conference schedule at exactly 14 ppg.

That would be peak Big Ten West and I can't imagine anything like that has happened in the past 50+ years of Div 1A/FBS football.

I think you are confusing me with another PSU wrestling fan, I know better to make comments like that on your board. It's actually funny when one of our guys tries to play nice and engage in real wrestling conversation knowing it will inevitably blow up in their face.

btw, lately the football board makes you guys look almost civil.
Definitely not confusing you with anyone else. I've called you out on the wrestling board multiple times, and now on the football board more than once. You've been the same poster ever since the days on themat.com

5:30 in the morning and your first action is to waltz over to the Hawkeye board to stir shit up. That's how I know it's you and not someone else.

Last edited:
So you want to see just an average offense that would put Iowa at 10-2/11-1 every year and playing in the B1G Championship? Nope, can’t have nice things. It may be different now with the 4 new coming in, but even then with an average offense and continuing great play out of the defense and special team 9-3 would be the floor. Good luck getting that.
I know.....I am wishing for a miracle to have a slightly below average offense. It's just not possible at Iowa.

Definitely not confusing you with anyone else. I've called you out on the wrestling board multiple times, and now on the football board more than once. You've been the same poster ever since the days on themat.com

5:30 in the morning and your first action is to waltz over to the Hawkeye board to stir shit up. That's how I know it's you and not someone else.
First of all, it was 6:30am my time and I was already awake an hour. Iowa Football is not that high on my forum agenda, especially when the Dallas Cowboys lose.

Secondly, I just reviewed my last year of posts on Hawkreport and not once did I say anything close to what you are attributing to me. I do not come in verbal sheep clothing to post on your forum, I post in the same enlightened, articulate, and logical style no matter what forum; and yes occasionally I get a little argumentative when faced with the opinions of the uneducated and lesser intellects.

Lastly, I am proud that you remember me from the themat.com days, good times!

Last edited:
First of all, it was 6:30am my time and I was already awake an hour. Iowa Football is not that high on my forum agenda, especially when the Dallas Cowboys lose.

Secondly, I just reviewed my last year of posts on Hawkreport and not once did I say anything close to what you are attributing to me. I do not come in verbal sheep clothing to post on your forum, I post in the same enlightened, articulate, and logical style no matter what forum; and yes occasionally I get a little argumentative when faced with the opinions of the uneducated and lesser intellects.

Lastly, I am proud that you remember me from the themat.com days, good times!
But high enough on your list to get here well before 7?

The thing is, you basically trip over yourself to get here (see this morning when you got here before sun up to talk shit), act all condescending and arrogant, run your mouth, then typically fly back to BWI and brag about the reactions you got from being a grade A a-hole. You've been busted before. The hell of it is, I cannot recall a time where you and I have directly gotten into it, I've just seen your work. For literal years. You clearly have a certain manner in which you act for me to remember you from the Mat from what....15 years ago?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT