ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas lines for Iowa Football

To be clear...I hope you understand the intent of bookies is not the predict the outcomes, but to predict the correct odds that will have 50% of the money on each side.

Sometimes they go hand-in-hand, but more often they are not.

A bookie’s exclusive intent is to have 50/50 money spread so they legit don’t care the outcome and collect their 10-15% juice.

Teams with big supportive fanbases will often have skewed odds because more fans will place bets with their hearts.

That said...you may call the bookies “stupid at the end of the season”, but they’ll be walking away with their 10-15% juice laughing.
Except when Tiger won the Masters............

Reactions: ChiHawk21
I'm not so sure. Even with Stanley out I think Iowa is fine with Petras.

Nebraska has an unproven defense and relies on Martinez's playmaking on offense. If he goes down then I think they're going to look like the Tommy Armstrong era.

The same Petra’s that’s 5/8 for 83 yards and a pick to his name? Oh no sorry... that’s Mansell. So Petras who’s never played is going to step in right away if Nate goes down? Both backups at Nebraska have more experience than Petras and Mansell

Some of those called Vegas experts might look rather foolish by the end of the season.
Or not!
Huskers are 1 injury away from another bad season.
Why only Nebraska? Seems like all teams have there Pseudo Heisman that they need to carry them...mostly QB's but some sterling playmakers like Purdue or Wisconsin. You're trying to hard to camouflage what you are really feeling.

The same Petra’s that’s 5/8 for 83 yards and a pick to his name? Oh no sorry... that’s Mansell. So Petras who’s never played is going to step in right away if Nate goes down? Both backups at Nebraska have more experience than Petras and Mansell

Iowa has shown the ability to plug and play QBs successfully into their system.

Stanley had a career total of 62 yards going into his sophomore year and promptly threw 26 TDs that year.

Stanzi stepped in as a starter with 4 career attempts and threw for 14 TDs and won 9 games after taking the job over.

In the past decade Iowa has produced Stanley, Beathard, Stanzi, Ruddock. They've also had QBs transfer and find great success elsewhere like Shimonek at Texas Tech and Sokol at Louisiana Tech, both throwing 30 or more TDs in a season there.

Don't make me laugh. Seriously dude, you don't want anyone but Martinez back there or NE is hosed. Saying your backups have more experience is not saying anything under the circumstances.

Don't make me laugh. Seriously dude, you don't want anyone but Martinez back there or NE is hosed. Saying your backups have more experience is not saying anything under the circumstances.

I mean, Vedral’s offer list isn’t much worse than Mansell’s and Petras visited Oregon St and Iowa and didn’t have many other impressive offers. So, in that case, I’ll take the experience > star rating of the Iowa backups

I mean, Vedral’s offer list isn’t much worse than Mansell’s and Petras visited Oregon St and Iowa and didn’t have many other impressive offers. So, in that case, I’ll take the experience > star rating of the Iowa backups

He didn't just visit Oregon State. He committed there early. A lot of players stop getting offers once they've committed.

Take Logan Jones for example. US Army All American with 4 reported offers.

Also keep in mind, offer lists as reported by 247 and Rivals are nearly useless. They rely on hearing from the player's tweeting about it.

Take Deuce Hogan for example. Blair just reported that he received a Clemson offer in February and would show a number of others since then but he stopped tweeting them out so Rivals and 247 aren't aware.

He didn't just visit Oregon State. He committed there early. A lot of players stop getting offers once they've committed.

Take Logan Jones for example. US Army All American with 4 offers.

Also keep in mind, offer lists as reported by 247 and Rivals are nearly useless. They rely on hearing from the player's tweeting about it.

Take Deuce Hogan for example. Blair just reported that he received a Clemson offer in February and would show a number of others since then but he stopped tweeting them out so Rivals and 247 aren't aware.

Spence committed pretty late to Iowa for a QB. December rolls around and you’re beating out Oregon State for QB commits. Nice!

And before you go off touting how you beat out Georgia for Padilla, where were his other P5 offers? Did you really beat out Georgia or was he just a contingency plan for them? They did offer 24 QBs. How could they possibly expect to have 24 WBs in one class? Goodness.

Rivas is also obviously aware of Deuce’s Clemson offer if Blair knows ;)

Spence committed pretty late to Iowa for a QB. December rolls around and you’re beating out Oregon State for QB commits. Nice!

And before you go off touting how you beat out Georgia for Padilla, where were his other P5 offers? Did you really beat out Georgia or was he just a contingency plan for them? They did offer 24 QBs. How could they possibly expect to have 24 WBs in one class? Goodness.

Rivas is also obviously aware of Deuce’s Clemson offer if Blair knows ;)

He committed late to Iowa because he was already committed to Oregon State since May.

Iowa brought back Ken O'Keefe to coach the QBs. He did an evaluation and liked Petras. He reached out and sold the Iowa program to Petras and he decommited and flipped to Iowa before the signing period.

If you don't accept that then maybe you should see what his coach had to say about him.

"The ball makes a distinctive whoosh sound coming out of Petras’ hand few quarterbacks can replicate. There is a reason why Moayed calls it the strongest arm he’s ever coached, even stronger than NFL quarterback Jared Goff’s.

“When he is out there playing or warming up the ball just explodes out of his hand,” Moayed told Land of 10 in December. “There is a wow factor to it absolutely.”

In Moayed’s mind, arm strength that not only brings Petras and Elway together, but separates them from other quarterbacks and makes them so dangerous
."

Yup ~ the same Rivals 4-star Petras who had an offer from Nebraska, and left it on the table to come to IOWA!

He committed late to Iowa because he was already committed to Oregon State since May.

Iowa brought back Ken O'Keefe to coach the QBs. He did an evaluation and liked Petras. He reached out and sold the Iowa program to Petras and he decommited and flipped to Iowa before the signing period.

If you don't accept that then maybe you should see what his coach had to say about him.

"The ball makes a distinctive whoosh sound coming out of Petras’ hand few quarterbacks can replicate. There is a reason why Moayed calls it the strongest arm he’s ever coached, even stronger than NFL quarterback Jared Goff’s.

“When he is out there playing or warming up the ball just explodes out of his hand,” Moayed told Land of 10 in December. “There is a wow factor to it absolutely.”

In Moayed’s mind, arm strength that not only brings Petras and Elway together, but separates them from other quarterbacks and makes them so dangerous
."

Elway definitely had better offers than Oregon St coming out of high school. Some kids “shut down” recruiting early, most don’t. So, this being so late in the game smells weird.

Elway definitely had better offers than Oregon St coming out of high school. Some kids “shut down” recruiting early, most don’t. So, this being so late in the game smells weird.

Again, you don't know what offers he had or didn't have following the time he committed to Oregon State. He didn't tweet any offers after he committed to Oregon State.

In April and May alone he reported offers from Syracuse, Louisville, Oregon State and Colorado State. He committed to Oregon State in May and didn't show any other activity until he decommited and promptly switched to Iowa.

You'd be obtuse to believe no other teams reached out following his commitment.

Look at Tyler Goodson last year. 247 reports no offer from Michigan but he has photographed evidence of Jim Harbaugh at his house after he was committed to Iowa asking if he was open to flipping.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Again, you don't know what offers he had or didn't have following the time he committed to Oregon State. He didn't tweet any offers after he committed to Oregon State.

In April and May alone he reported offers from Syracuse, Louisville, Oregon State and Colorado State. He committed to Oregon State in May and didn't show any other activity until he decommited and promptly switched to Iowa.

You'd be obtuse to believe no other teams reached out following his commitment.

Look at Tyler Goodson last year. 247 reports no offer from Michigan but he has photographed evidence of Jim Harbaugh at his house after he was committed to Iowa asking if he was open to flipping.

And neither do you. So maybe you’re okay with just beating out Oregon St, Colorado St, Syracuse, and Louisville. All of which I believe Iowa to be a better program than. I also know you believe Iowa is a better program than those 4.

I'm really not sold on ISU.

Solid team but they were lucky to win 8 in a conference that was down. TCU, KState, TTU and Okie State were subpar.

KSU, the 110th ranked offense at 22 ppg, scored 38 and should have won.

Drake's QB threw for 3 TDs and completed 69% of his passes.

They were getting blasted 24-3 in the 4th quarter vs Texas and got a give me TD with 1:33 left.

They took the lead against TTU with 4 minutes in the game off a safety. TTU had bad losses to Ole Miss, KSU and Baylor.

Their entire season was made by the WVU game, an overrated team that was a one man show (Grier) and got destroyed by Syracuse without him.

They were fortunate to play a grossly overrated one dimensional Pac 12 team in their bowl. Washington made Minshew look terrible in the Apple Cup and Myles Gaskin ran all over them for 170 yards and 3 TDs.

For comparison, Sagarin had WSU finish last year at #20 compared to #8 for Mississippi State.

They lost a receiver who accounted for over 40% of their total passing yards and a RB who led the country in broken tackles behind a poor OL. That will be far more detrimental and difficult to replace than Iowa getting TE production.

Iowa States front seven on defense may be top ten in the country. That paired with a playmaker at QB thatll extend drives is the recipe for success especially early in the year. Iowa historically struggles with quick footed, efficient QBs who can make plays offscript.

Butler was an absolute stud, yes. Iowa States receiving room is still loaded and yes I understand it is internal buzz but Iowa State calling their TE room top 5 in the country (unproven so we will see).

Iowa States front seven on defense may be top ten in the country. That paired with a playmaker at QB thatll extend drives is the recipe for success especially early in the year. Iowa historically struggles with quick footed, efficient QBs who can make plays offscript.

Butler was an absolute stud, yes. Iowa States receiving room is still loaded and yes I understand it is internal buzz but Iowa State calling their TE room top 5 in the country (unproven so we will see).
lol...what?

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE

I don't understand the basis of this. I get ISU fans are excited about their team but this is an exaggeration.

Epenesa >>> Bailey

Golston had 9 TFL and 3.5 sacks as a backup. Eyioma had 5 TFL and 1 sack.

Lima is good but Iowa always has good DTs and returns two seniors with substantial playing time. They also have Nixon who had a higher rating coming out of Juco than Lima.

Iowa also has an incredible history of producing NFL linebackers during Kirk's tenure and he has a lot of returning experience.

Iowa last year was rated as the #7 total defense, #8 in TOs forced and #11 in scoring defense.

ISU was #33, #93 and #37 in those same categories.

“Eppy” got his hands on him last season, no? I believe Adrian is still upright and still 6’3” 220 lbs which Iowa fans think is “too small” to play in the B1G.
Lil' Martie lies about his height, and so do his fans. Besides, the extra weight will slow him down, and Eppy appears to have grown in height, weight, and attitude himself. Maybe Lil' Martie will actually play a 12-game season this year, but I'm guessing not.

Little Martie lies about his height, and so do his fans. Besides, the extra weight will slow in down, and Eppy appears to have grown in height and weight himself.

So based on your science, Eppy should be slower then, too, with a gain of height and weight.

Also, the last two #1 NFL draft picks say hello I’m super tall and immobile. I only say that because Iowa fans love to talk about all their NFL draft picks and their lackluster number of college football wins with said awesome NFL talent.

Is this a college football message board or an NFL one? I get confused with the Steelers being black and yellow too

Reactions: Earn898
I don't understand the basis of this. I get ISU fans are excited about their team but this is an exaggeration.

Epenesa >>> Bailey

Golston had 9 TFL and 3.5 sacks as a backup. Eyioma had 5 TFL and 1 sack.

Lima is good but Iowa always has good DTs and returns two seniors with substantial playing time. They also have Nixon who had a higher rating coming out of Juco than Lima.

Iowa also has an incredible history of producing NFL linebackers during Kirk's tenure and he has a lot of returning experience.

Iowa last year was rated as the #7 total defense, #8 in TOs forced and #11 in scoring defense.

ISU was #33, #93 and #37 in those same categories.

You dont understand the basis of what? Iowa State having a top ten caliber front seven on defense?

Never ever said Bailey was better than Epenesa. AJ may be the best DE in the country. Please dont compare Nixon who hasn't played a snap in major college football to Ray Lima that's just downright ridiculous.

You dont understand the basis of what? Iowa State having a top ten caliber front seven on defense?

Never ever said Bailey was better than Epenesa. AJ may be the best DE in the country. Please dont compare Nixon who hasn't played a snap in major college football to Ray Lima that's just downright ridiculous.

ISU was rated in the 30s last year for defense. I doubt they have a top 10 front 7.

They made a non scholarship QB from Drake look like Joe Montana and KState nearly doubled their season average for points while Barnes ran for 184 yards.

Lima and Bailey are decent players but not nearly as good as you think. Lima is likely to be drafted on the 3rd day and is a run down rotational player at the next level.

Reminds me of last year when ISU fans acted like Brian Peavy was the second coming of Charles Woodson and he went undrafted.

Reactions: BBHawk

Methinks Martinez is gonna be more injury prone than a much bigger Nate Stanley.

ISU was rated in the 30s last year for defense. I doubt they have a top 10 front 7.

They made a non scholarship QB from Drake look like Joe Montana and KState nearly doubled their season average for points while Barnes ran for 184 yards.

Lima and Bailey are decent players but not nearly as good as you think. Lima is likely to be drafted on the 3rd day and is a run down rotational player at the next level.

Reminds me of last year when ISU fans acted like Brian Peavy was the second coming of Charles Woodson and he went undrafted.

100% correct.

And wasn't Peavy the one also that ISM (the freshman) burned on the OT touchdown for the walk off and James Daniels dancing in the stands?

Do you think Iowa has a better front 7 than Iowa State? Answer seriously.

Peavy was ranked top 15 as a corner from PFF last year and he should have had season ending surgery. He was pretty damn good. Too small to play corner in the NFL.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pffs-top-15-cornerbacks-in-the-2019-nfl-draft

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I agree. I think a lot of IA State betters are going to lose their asses betting on the home team.

You better go throw your mortgage on Iowa +4.5. Iowa is better at every single position group according to you.

Riverside?

True a $65 bet turn into $1800? Seems like a great return

What's this bet? That Iowa wins NC ?
If clones, Mich, Neb all favored by that much, currently,
I'm going t
Nebraska changed coaches dood and also ended up with Adrian Martinez. Who will be a way better college QB than Petras ever will

Well, looky there..........a football expert......Shazam

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT