ADVERTISEMENT

Washed Up Walkons Host Rankings

I’ll add, at the risk of upsetting some longtime associates in here. If you are a hard core republican or a hard core democrat, you’ve got it all wrong…

Socially, I’m all for people doing what they want, literally, and I mean that. Now as a man of Faith I’m not always jump up and down excited about it, but I understand you cannot legislate morality, and putting more parameters on society is never a good thing…

With that said I will never ever vote for someone who continually preaches taxes and more taxes to lift the people. It is stupid, it is actually a lie, and it has never, ever worked the way they suggested it would…..

More taxes, even on the rich is bad for everybody and you don’t have to be an economist or CPA to figure that out.

Similar to the minimum wage thing… Yeah, let’s raise everybody’s minimum wage. Sure, that won’t have a negative affect anywhere else… lol some people are just too stupid to breathe!!
Absolutely. I was in the restaurant business for 15 years when I was younger. Its astounding the dumb asses that don't understand that paying Jimmy $15 an hour to make your happy meal can only result in two things, (both bad for the consumer). 1) Jack the prices way up and 2) Operate with way less staff. You see it when you go into most restaurants but especially fast food. Your meal that used to be $7 to $8 is now $11.50 to $12, AND it takes 10 to 15 minutes at the "FAST" food place because their running on a skeleton crew to save labor cost. Labor is your second highest controlable cost, and if its out of wack, (which it is now) the store will not make a profit. Most of these places hope to make a 10% profit monthly, and thats almost impossible now. Which leads us to the third thing that these wages cause, a bunch of theses places are closing because they can't make a profit. So just HOW is that helping the folks who you think your helping by forcing his employer to pay a living wage for a job that was NEVER supposed to be held by breadwinners?

This political crap from various posters is inexcusable and whomever is responsible should have shut it down. If we see more of this one will have to consider continuing on this board. We are interested in Iowa athletics, not the nonsensible commentary noted above.

Absolutely. I was in the restaurant business for 15 years when I was younger. Its astounding the dumb asses that don't understand that paying Jimmy $15 an hour to make your happy meal can only result in two things, (both bad for the consumer). 1) Jack the prices way up and 2) Operate with way less staff. You see it when you go into most restaurants but especially fast food. Your meal that used to be $7 to $8 is now $11.50 to $12, AND it takes 10 to 15 minutes at the "FAST" food place because their running on a skeleton crew to save labor cost. Labor is your second highest controlable cost, and if its out of wack, (which it is now) the store will not make a profit. Most of these places hope to make a 10% profit monthly, and thats almost impossible now. Which leads us to the third thing that these wages cause, a bunch of theses places are closing because they can't make a profit. So just HOW is that helping the folks who you think your helping by forcing his employer to pay a living wage for a job that was NEVER supposed to be held by breadwinners?

Bingo and honestly I thought labor was your number 1 cost!

Last edited:
Bingo and honestly I thought labor was as your number 1 cost!
No. Back then anyway. Food cost would run between 30 and 36% depending on what type of food. Breakfast and pizza are cheap, so maybe even sub 30%. Seafood is expensive, so 35 to 37% was about average and still make a profit. Labor cost would have been 15 to 18 % back then (for hourly's and shift managers) The manager salary was not a controllable for him. Last big cost under managers control would be paper cost, especially in fast food, lots of paper. Utilities, leases etc were not under the managers control, so just the big 3 with Food by far the biggest. With the hourly wage today, its horribly skewed, which leaves the only options as I said, Raise the price way up, cut hours big time, or close the doors. Of course the "Do gooders" have NO understanding or concern of just how you actually make that work.....

This political crap from various posters is inexcusable and whomever is responsible should have shut it down. If we see more of this one will have to consider continuing on this board. We are interested in Iowa athletics, not the nonsensible commentary noted above.
Just who is the "we" who is considering leaving? Sorry your offended. WE will try to do better...... :rolleyes:

Reactions: cmhawks99
Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. If you need a push just let me know.

Just who is the "we" who is considering leaving? Sorry your offended. WE will try to do better...... :rolleyes:

As sideline political rants go this one is mild. Just sayin’… and honestly, it’s pretty hard to dispute the economics. Raise salaries, you raise cost of goods and ultimately prices, and that affects everybody!

Youd do think everybody in the world would be smart enough to know that, but apparently they aren’t 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: kceasthawk
I can begrudgingly understand folks who felt like they had to vote against Hillary and Biden. It’s the die-hard MAGAs, the ones who fly Trump flags in their yards, and the ones who continue to back Trump despite a 2024 field full of more qualified conservatives that I have a problem with.

Couldn’t care less. Now feel free to resume telling kindergartners they can change their gender and trapping poor minority children in lousy schools in return for donations from teacher’s unions.

I’ve never lived in Muscatine. Sorry to ruin your fantasy. Probably killed your erection.
Hey let's fight! I'm sure you could get off at least one punch ..you are a giant pussy & I'll see you one of these weekends, if you even go to the games.

1. Ward. He’s actually intelligent and is the only person worth listening to on the pod. You can tell he cringes a lot when the others fart from their mouth often.

2. Kluver. A self righteous health nut who admits he doesn’t know even like college football. Brings his own cooked food to cookouts and makes fun of people for drinking. Tries to sell his workout plan on Twitter and begs people to DM him about it.

3. Kulick. A MAGA racist who tweeted a lot of anti Muslim stuff awhile back. Also defended Chris Doyle and said “the blacks were wrong”. Is completely stupid and talks like he’s 15. “Brah. Like, I really hate Nebraska dude.”

2 and 3 are clowns.
What exactly is a MAGA racist compared to a racist?

I support your statement 100%. Believe me Trump is an ego maniac who thought he could basically run the white house like he was running any other business with NO checks or balances. It scares the hell out if me that he's clearly leading the republican stooges, (if he doesn't end up in prison before the election). The problem is I will NEVER except the Dems and their BIG government platform. I struggle to remember the last election where there was anyone I really wanted elected. This leads our country to apathy, and division.....
And we are in such a better position now with f'tard Biden in charge, right? He is clean as a whistle and has the country on track...LMFAO - all those "voters" cut their head off because of a headache.

ColdDenseBunny-max-1mb.gif

My daughter is 34 and doing well.
Lol........and there's the payoff.

Now we know that you're at least in your 50s crying on this message board about a couple 20-somethings doing a podcast.

Thank you, ron, for your cooperation. :cool:

I know you don't care about your image or what people think of you, in your advancing age now....................but we can still laugh at you at your expense all the same. ;)

Reactions: hawkeyeinmo
Lol........and there's the payoff.

Now we know that you're at least in your 50s crying on this message board about a couple 20-somethings doing a podcast.

Thank you, ron, for your cooperation. :cool:

I know you don't care about your image or what people think of you, in your advancing age now....................but we can still laugh at you at your expense all the same. ;)
The funny thing is that's EXACTLY what Ron cares about, hence why he started the thread. He's been shilling his garbage online for years.

1. Ward. He’s actually intelligent and is the only person worth listening to on the pod. You can tell he cringes a lot when the others fart from their mouth often.

2. Kluver. A self righteous health nut who admits he doesn’t know even like college football. Brings his own cooked food to cookouts and makes fun of people for drinking. Tries to sell his workout plan on Twitter and begs people to DM him about it.

3. Kulick. A MAGA racist who tweeted a lot of anti Muslim stuff awhile back. Also defended Chris Doyle and said “the blacks were wrong”. Is completely stupid and talks like he’s 15. “Brah. Like, I really hate Nebraska dude.”

2 and 3 are clowns.
I decided to click on this thread this morning for the first time. This is my impression of you.

" Is completely stupid and talks like he’s 15. “Brah. Like, I really hate Nebraska dude.”"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT