ADVERTISEMENT

Watch LIVE & the REPLAY for FREE May 1,May 2 & May4-May 6: IOWA Baseball vs Mizzou, W ILL & OK State

This one will sting as it feels like one Iowa should have had, but the wind factored into some of our lesser used arms spelled Iowa's demise. We just don't have the deep arms that can consistently get outs. It is what it is.

Need to bounce back on Wednesday as that is an RPI killer.

This actually is my fear moving forward with McDoanld and now Wallace out? Our arms are not very deep. We have guys with outrageous WHIPs.

This one will sting as it feels like one Iowa should have had, but the wind factored into some of our lesser used arms spelled Iowa's demise. We just don't have the deep arms that can consistently get outs. It is what it is.

Need to bounce back on Wednesday as that is an RPI killer.

This actually is my fear moving forward with McDoanld and now Wallace out? Our arms are not very deep. We have guys with outrageous WHIPs.
The thing that sucks is that Iowa really needed this game, more so than Missouri.
Agreed. Losing here doesn't mean we miss the NCAA Tournament. We can certainly still make it IMO. Winning tonight certainly would have helped. The carryover to tomorrow is interesting because we HAVE to win that game somehow. Losing it would be VERY BAD

Mizzou wins 17-16. Very disappointing. I know the wind was playing games, but how do you blow a 13-7 lead? Not many more chances for a quality victory out there. We also can't afford to lose to anybody else besides Okie State or our at-large goose may be booked.

I have a bad feeling come selection time this will be a game Iowa looks back upon.

I dunno about that, we just added this game and it's going to end up pretty neutral as RPI goes. Still hurts to snatch defeat from this one. The pitching depth was going to be a challenge anyway and now our Friday and midweek starters could be done. Mizzou is a tournament quality team and today exposed our shortcomings against postseason quality competition

I dunno about that, we just added this game and it's going to end up pretty neutral as RPI goes. Still hurts to snatch defeat from this one. The pitching depth was going to be a challenge anyway and now our Friday and midweek starters could be done. Mizzou is a tournament quality team and today exposed our shortcomings against postseason quality competition

Iowa's RPI fell 8 spots to 54 after the L. You win, and we probably go from 46 to 38-39.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT