ADVERTISEMENT

Watch LIVE & the REPLAY for FREE May 1,May 2 & May4-May 6: IOWA Baseball vs Mizzou, W ILL & OK State

Man this sucks. Two games losing by one run each to an sec and big 12.

That 9th inning was awful. Make the pitcher work!!! I would've pinch hit Luke farley at the end.

Iowa is going to look back and realize one or two things cost them an at large bid.

1,600 attendance
officially 1595...not bad, but dang, it was 75, a beautiful night, a top ranked Big 12 team in town, and what a game! 20,000 should have showed up!!!;)

any idea what the capacity is? I would hate for fans again to be turned away today and tomorrow

Here is one fan's take from last night:

Nathan Carlson‏@Carlson_Nathan
I have been to 50+ @UIBaseball baseball games in my life & tonight was the 1st time I have had to wait in line for tickets w/the #12 Pokes in town. #Hellerball is alive & real.

officially 1595...not bad, but dang, it was 75, a beautiful night, a top ranked Big 12 team in town, and what a game! 20,000 should have showed up!!!;)

any idea what the capacity is? I would hate for fans again to be turned away today and tomorrow

They've always listed 3K as capacity, but no way. In the 2K to 2,500 range you're packed like sardines at last week at 2,600 they were turning people away.

They've always listed 3K as capacity, but no way. In the 2K to 2,500 range you're packed like sardines at last week at 2,600 they were turning people away.
shoot, they are capping the # thru the turnstiles at 2600 or tickets sold at 2600?

dang, 2600 is a VERY low # considering its America's past time, Iowa is fun to watch, and the weather is gorgeous

shoot, they are capping the # thru the turnstiles at 2600 or tickets sold at 2600?

dang, 2600 is a VERY low # considering its America's past time, Iowa is fun to watch, and the weather is gorgeous

Really tough to have much more capacity than that unless you share with a minor league team or are an SEC/ACC powerhouse type team.

Northwestern is 600, Michigan is 4,000, Siebert Field at Minnesota is 1,400 or so, MSU is 4,000, Maryland 2,500, Rutgers is 1,500.

I wonder if 3000 is an old number from before the bleacher seating in the center sections were replaced that has not been updated.

I could actually see them pushing in 3000 if they tried and got people to actually sit elbow to elbow. That's obviously something that's not going to happen since people like their space, but it's theoretically possible.

As always, the orig post is updated for today's game.

THERE you will find the video link, the radio link and the live stats link.

#19 (RPI) Oklahoma St. @ #58 (RPI) Iowa.
Iowa's RPI continues to drop.

Other Matchups today:

Rankings Listed are the RPI Rankings.

12:00 CT #59 Michigan @ #147 Rutgers
12:30 CT #2 Stanford @ Utah
1:00 CT #161 Oral Roberts @ North Dakota St.
2:00 CT Cincinnati @ #23 Wichita St.
2:00 CT #25 Indiana @ #20 Minnesota
2:00 CT #103 Maryland @ #124 Nebraska
3:00 CT #38 Ohio St. @ #51 Illinois
5:00 CT #227 Northwestern @ #54 Purdue
5:30 CT #27 UCLA @ #47 Arizona

Last edited:
Iowa Baseball‏Verified account@UIBaseball 2h2 hours ago

It's another beautiful day for baseball!

Iowa vs. No. 12 Oklahoma State... 2:05 p.m. first pitch for Game 2 at #Banks...

#GameDay | #Hawkeyes

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR LARGER VIEW

DccWCcmVAAAGuaP.jpg

I've had my fill of Schanuel as a starter I think. He walks way too many guys and Iowa always starts in a hole before we even get our first at bat.

Problem is, I am not sure who we'd go to.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
I wonder if 3000 is an old number from before the bleacher seating in the center sections were replaced that has not been updated.

I could actually see them pushing in 3000 if they tried and got people to actually sit elbow to elbow. That's obviously something that's not going to happen since people like their space, but it's theoretically possible.
They should consider it if they want to host a Regional.

I can't believe Iowa won. Who the hell needs pitching right? Looks like attendance was 1,550. I'll take that every weekend, but more would be nice.

Jack Dreyer starting Sunday?

I can't believe Iowa won. Who the hell needs pitching right? Looks like attendance was 1,550. I'll take that every weekend, but more would be nice.

This is a very fun team to watch, whether it be on TV, or I am sure in person. You would think more than 1,600 people would be interested in attending the game live.

Didn’t get a chance to watch, I’ve got some shows tonight. I was following along on live stats. I’ve noticed a couple of times that the longer games the links won’t work later in the game. That’s happened a couple of times.
I tried joining the game in progress around the 7th inning. When I clicked on the link, it said that the event was starting soon, which obviously was wrong. So I went down to the timer and hit to the far right and it got me close to where the game was but it was still a little bit behind. So you can get close to the live broadcast but not quite. If that makes sense. LOL

Reactions: funnyfletcher

Is it disconcerting that two of the better teams they've faced in recent weeks have put up big numbers on Iowa? At least they split those games and are scoring runs, but let's not be taking after the men's basketball team here.......

I tried joining the game in progress around the 7th inning. When I clicked on the link, it said that the event was starting soon, which obviously was wrong. So I went down to the timer and hit to the far right and it got me close to where the game was but it was still a little bit behind. So you can get close to the live broadcast but not quite. If that makes sense. LOL

Your link worked for me all the way through today. However, that's exactly what happened to me for yesterday's game right at the end. I didn't want to complain in case you got off the feed on your end and somehow it caused all others tagging along to leave too :)

Reactions: Franisdaman
They should consider it if they want to host a Regional.

They'd have to number the benches like in Kinnick. It's certainly doable.

This is a very fun team to watch, whether it be on TV, or I am sure in person. You would think more than 1,600 people would be interested in attending the game live.

They are a lot of fun to watch in person. :) As for attendance, Iowa could really use the boost of being on TV more. Leaving aside specialty sites for Iowa Athletics like HawkCentral, for those of you who watch the news or read general news sites like the P-C or the DM Register, is baseball really covered that well? As someone who's been watching the baseball team for years, I don't have much of a feel for their visibility in the Hellerball era.

ADVERTISEMENT