ADVERTISEMENT

Watch LIVE & the REPLAY for FREE May 1,May 2 & May4-May 6: IOWA Baseball vs Mizzou, W ILL & OK State

UPDATE: The game vs Western Illinois has been canceled due to expected rainy weather.

ORIG POST UPDATED FOR TODAY'S GAME

Hopefully our starter can eat a LOT of innings!!!!

Where is that @funnyfletcher character???

;)

Last edited:
i still would like to know the status of McDonald and the other pitcher that left yesterday with an injury; this could be really bad but I have faith in Heller

its fun to be excited about Iowa baseball!!!

GO HAWKS!!!

There was a tweet and it sounds like McDonald is done.

i still would like to know the status of McDonald and the other pitcher that left yesterday with an injury; this could be really bad but I have faith in Heller

its fun to be excited about Iowa baseball!!!

GO HAWKS!!!

Sounds like Wallace leaving the game was precautionary. He's been dealing with forearm stiffness the past month and they aren't concerned. Believe Dargan Southard tweeted it.

Unfortunately forearm stiffness is often a sign of a UCL tear.

Sounds like Wallace leaving the game was precautionary. He's been dealing with forearm stiffness the past month and they aren't concerned. Believe Dargan Southard tweeted it.

Unfortunately forearm stiffness is often a sign of a UCL tear.

That's a shame. I think Wallace could've gone longer against Mizzou. He was having his best outing by far.

ORIG POST UPDATED

Is it worth my time posting links to other games? If there is no interest I will stop. It seems like there are only about 5 of us who watch the Iowa games online, which is not a lot.

As you can see I posted links to :

12:30 CT #1 Stanford @ Utah
2:00 CT #57 Michigan @ Rutgers
5:00 CT Northwestern @ #54 Purdue
6:00 CT #48 Ohio St. @ #44 Illinois
6:00 CT Cincinnati @ #18 Wichita St.
6:30 CT #20 Indiana @ #29 Minnesota
6:30 CT Maryland @ Nebraska
9:00 CT #23 UCLA @ #51 Arizona

Last edited:
ORIG POST UPDATED

Is it worth my time posting links to other games? If there is no interest I will stop. It seems like there are only about 5 of us who watch the Iowa games online, which is not a lot.

As you can see I posted links to :

12:30 CT #1 Stanford @ Utah
2:00 CT #57 Michigan @ Rutgers
5:00 CT Northwestern @ #54 Purdue
6:00 CT #48 Ohio St. @ #44 Illinois
6:00 CT Cincinnati @ #18 Wichita St.
6:30 CT #20 Indiana @ #29 Minnesota
6:30 CT Maryland @ Nebraska
9:00 CT #23 UCLA @ #51 Arizona

Five will turn into fifty. If you build it, they will come.

Come out to #Banks tonight and support your #Hawkeyes as they take on No. 12 Oklahoma State!

#GameDay | #Hellerball

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR LARGER VIEW

Cowboys vs. Hawkeyes for the first time on the diamond!

DcW5bKuV4AAXNOt.jpg

DcXHiUfVQAAAvV5.jpg

DcYc0ClV4AEQmmh.jpg

Last edited:
One clear indicator of the interest in Iowa Baseball? A MIDWEEK GAME this week against Mizzou had 4 pages of posts on this site!

Somebody needs to design a shirt, where it simply says

GIVE 'EM HELLer

...GO HAWKS...

@funnyfletcher can you make this happen?

#HellerBall
#GiveEmHELLer

Reactions: funnyfletcher
One clear indicator of the interest in Iowa Baseball? A MIDWEEK GAME this week against Mizzou had 4 pages of posts on this site!

Somebody needs to design a shirt, where it simply says

GIVE 'EM HELLer

...GO HAWKS...

@funnyfletcher can you make this happen?

#HellerBall
#GiveEmHELLer

Love it!! I can make it happen!!

One of Missouri’s players hit the wall pretty hard last night while playing against Georgia, hope he’s okay, he was in stable condition this morning. Hoping for a speedy recovery

Reactions: Franisdaman
Going to the ninth it was RUTGERS 15, MICHIGAN 7....Hopefully that score stands, even though it might put Minny in position to take over 1st place in the B1G

Michigan scores 2 in the 9th, but its not enough....

DcYkL-6XkAIZKvV.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the links!! I’m gonna have to miss the game tonight. I’ll try to follow along though.

The Iowa baseball twitter account is a good one to follow: https://twitter.com/UIBaseball

One thing I like about watching the replays is I go to the box score and see when the scoring occurred and skip ahead accordingly. If there is a several inning stretch of no scoring I skip those innings and it can save alot of time.

The link for the stats is in the orig post, or here: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=197785

Our #2 hitter leaves his bat on his shoulder on consecutive pitches; both were strikes; he walks back to the dug out as a strike out victim for out #1

Come on man! Swing the bat!!!

Iowa leaves 2 men on base (on 1st and 2nd). A pair of fly outs ends the 1st inning...

THE SCORE: Iowa 0, Oklahoma State 1

Last edited:
Our #2 hitter leaves his bat on his shoulder on consecutive pitches; both were strikes; he walks back to the dug out as a strike out victim for out #1

Come on man! Swing the bat!!!

Iowa leaves 2 men on base (on 1st and 2nd). A pair of fly outs ends the 1st inning...

THE SCORE: Iowa 0, Oklahoma State 1
Thanks fran. Did you post a link to watch?

I always follow the Twitter and the live stats when I can’t watch. Not looking good right now

@funnyfletcher

It seemed we were a bit nervous to start the game; not sure why; we blew a double play opportunity in the 3rd inning which RESULTED IN 5 UNEARNED RUNS. And our outfielders were playing shallow to start the game and OK State has some big hitters, hitting it way over our heads.

Hate to say it but the 5 UNEARNED RUNS in the 3rd inning probably is what costs us this game.

Last edited:
@funnyfletcher

It seemed we were a bit nervous to start the game; not sure why; we blew a double play opportunity in the 3rd inning which RESULTED IN 5 UNEARNED RUNS. And our outfielders were playing shallow to start the game and OK State has some big hitters, hitting it way over our heads.

Hate to say it but the 5 UNEARNED RUNS in the 3rd inning probably is what costs us this game.

Only one run is unearned because you can't assume the 2nd out.

@funnyfletcher all the scoring happened in the 1st 4 innings so you can practically skip the last 5 innings.

Final

7 Oklahoma State
6 IOWA

..........................................................R....H...E..LOB
OKST
IOWA

Last edited:
Man this sucks. Two games losing by one run each to an sec and big 12.

That 9th inning was awful. Make the pitcher work!!! I would've pinch hit Luke farley at the end.

Iowa is going to look back and realize one or two things cost them an at large bid.

1,600 attendance

ADVERTISEMENT