ADVERTISEMENT

WBB 16/17 Season

Looks like she's going to wait until signing day to announce. Kinda dramatic huh? Not exactly a ton of people paying attention. For South Carolina it'll be meh -- just another blue-chipper. For Iowa, only the six people on this thread know who she is! :D

A couple of things that will impact next season...
Connie Yori is out ar Nebraska...
http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_3266e814-fb41-11e5-a21f-affa8006eb5c.html

And Aerial Powers is leaving early at Michigan State...
http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/040416aaa.html

Do not want to derail a very good thread on Iowa women's basketball, but cannot help but notice many parallels between what just took place at Nebraska and a similar situation at Iowa.

Do not want to derail a very good thread on Iowa women's basketball, but cannot help but notice many parallels between what just took place at Nebraska and a similar situation at Iowa.

Yup, sounds like someone was unhappy and made up some stuff. Now she is getting canned, I am sure there will be a lawsuit to follow.

Whatever happened to AD's being apart of the programs? I remember when I was at UNI, you would see either Hartzell or one of his "co-workers" around the programs at all times. I don't necessarily know what they were doing there, but they were always hanging around and I am sure reporting back to Hartzell about things.

How can these things happen at MAJOR div 1 universities?

I didn't realize that Neb had such a rash of transfers out; that might be worse than ISU's. Somehow I'm guessing Yori didn't write her resignation announcement.

That's what I thought at first....but read the story. Practically the whole team has come out against Yori. And the allegations are a lot more than "bullying".

In the Griesbaum and Blevins cases it was only a couple pissy students / parents.

nm

Last edited:
Wonder if Wisconsin will snatch her up? Would be a steal.
Wisconsin already hired Jonathan Tsipis from George Washington. On another Nebraska forum the hot early name being talked about is Amy Williams from South Dakota (USD).

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkisak
CdZpuhcUIAAcmj7.jpg:large

That girl on the right was possibly the most complete player in this tournament. Bre Cera is ANOTHER great Iowa get

Chatrice White is leaving Illinois. She is the big center. Iowa recruited her out of HS. I'm not sure (because of B1G in-conference transfer rules) if Iowa would be a possibility. She was one that stood up for the Inninois coaching staff during their player uprising, but has apparently decided now is a good time to leave.

Chatrice White is leaving Illinois. She is the big center. Iowa recruited her out of HS. I'm not sure (because of B1G in-conference transfer rules) if Iowa would be a possibility. She was one that stood up for the Inninois coaching staff during their player uprising, but has apparently decided now is a good time to leave.

She is a Nebraska native that should have been playing in Lincoln, was really surprised Nebraska never went after her. I'd be shocked if she would be allowed to transfer within the B1G. Illinois just lost another player too, Brooke Kissinger, another Nebraska native, is leaving and is transferring to Creighton.

I don't know how Bollant is keeping his job at Illinois. He made it through the player abuse/racism investigation unscathed but Illinois still paid out a total of $375k to the players. 8 players (at least) have transferred out in the last two years, something isn't right within that program. Chatrice posted on her Twitter today.... "I am so done" followed by tears of joy.

Reactions: Edenprairiehawk
Here's how bad the transfer thing has gotten..
Of the 50 players Big Ten WBB teams signed in 2014, 20 (or 40%) have now transferred. ILL has lost 3 of 3, MINN 4 of 5, PURDUE & NEBRASKA 3 of 5.

And yet Courtney Joens of Iowa City High still signed to play for them (Illinois).

I'm going to assume that she didn't have many other options to play at a high major level.

What's the word on her sister Ashley and Iowa's interest? Last I saw she already had Illinois and Wisconsin offers and was only a sophomore.

Courtney gave a verbal to Illinois early, then played through injury the last two years. Maybe she figured to stick with the sure thing.
Ashley is ahead of where Courtney was as a soph.

I am truly sorry if any of these young ladies are really being abused. However, I think most college coaches yell at the kids trying to motivate them. I am sure there is a lot of cussing going on too. But, for the most part, the yelling and cussing does not rise to the level of what should be considered real abuse. The lawyers are out to make a killing and some disgruntled young ladies are also looking for a payday. People have to be so careful today to not step on anyone's shoes or fear the rath of the lawsuit. God bless the lawyers, or maybe it's the other way around.

Reactions: icu81222
I am truly sorry if any of these young ladies are really being abused. However, I think most college coaches yell at the kids trying to motivate them. I am sure there is a lot of cussing going on too. But, for the most part, the yelling and cussing does not rise to the level of what should be considered real abuse. The lawyers are out to make a killing and some disgruntled young ladies are also looking for a payday. People have to be so careful today to not step on anyone's shoes or fear the rath of the lawsuit. God bless the lawyers, or maybe it's the other way around.
That has nothing to do with what's being accused here. If Fennelly said / did the things Moody says, he's a racist jerk. (And not just a jerk.)

More likely that somebody is looking for a deep pocket to reach into IMHO. Hope it goes to trial, though.

That has nothing to do with what's being accused here. If Fennelly said / did the things Moody says, he's a racist jerk. (And not just a jerk.)

He's been coaching there for 20 freaking years and this is the first serious complaint to surface? Seems plausible.

Kinda like Chip Kelly is a racist, too. How would it even be possible for these people to attain their standing in their respective sports if that was even remotely true?

This is just another example of our litigious culture where suing people is seen as a legitimate way to deal with failed expectations or any other type of minor grievance, combined with a heaping helping of millennial pussification and butthurt.

Reactions: icu81222
Some good news...Carly Mohns was granted a Medical Hardship waiver and will be a sophomore next year. Three years left. With as much improvement as she showed last year, this is a good thing.

Reactions: nu2u and Tunadog
Some good news...Carly Mohns was granted a Medical Hardship waiver and will be a sophomore next year. Three years left. With as much improvement as she showed last year, this is a good thing.
Thanks, oak. Very good news.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that matchup doesn't seem right to me as far as matching up teams that are closer to being equal in the two conferences.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that matchup doesn't seem right to me as far as matching up teams that are closer to being equal in the two conferences.
Would be cool if you're wrong! ;)
Guessing we are due for a home game (since we were on the road last year), and that Bluder requested a tough opponent - perhaps because we currently don't have many or any on the schedule.

The Hawks will play UCLA and James Madison in the Cancun tournament (plus a third team , I believe), the three instate rivals, plus they usually have some good teams in the Hawkeye Challenge. Add in the B1G schedule and the SOS will be pretty strong.
The mens team also got ND.

Reactions: hawkahawk
With Ally off to Chicago and Tania recovering, There should be 12 players ready for GTL this summer. Enough for 6 teams.
Should be coming up in mid June.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT