ADVERTISEMENT

WBB 2017-18 Season

DM1gtYjVoAA7eAJ.jpg

And so it begins...WBB Media day.

1f5e3.png
1f399.png
"Tania Davis can do things for our team that nobody else can do...she will be suited up and ready to go for our first game.Tania and Kathleen are going to share the role of point guard. We're going to have a system that showcases their abilities
Lisa Bluder.

Reactions: cyberhawk
I thought certain that Megan would be unanimous.

Public comments by players seemed very positive and confident.

Maryland not chosen to win, or repeat for the title, since they first joined!

Reactions: hawkahawk
I thought certain that Megan would be unanimous.

Public comments by players seemed very positive and confident.

Maryland not chosen to win, or repeat for the title, since they first joined!
I was surprised she wasn’t a unanimous choice by coaches or media. Coaches picked Hallie Thome unanimously, but not Megan. And both lists have her as a forward - I assume that’s because they can only pick one center (Thome).

Reactions: Edenprairiehawk

Coach bluder's annual Halloween at practice outfit Billie Jean King.

Back from Carver Where the Hawks beat MSU Moorhead 85-56. MSu is a top 20 DIV II team that was 25-5 last year. they hit some threes and FTs for most of their scoring.
Some highlights;
Chase Coley looks much more aggressive and didn't shy away from contact. Hit some shots and had 10 rebounds.
Amanda Ollinger is in better condition and also had 10 rebounds. Handled the ball pretty well.
Carly mohns played a lot and showed real hustle and quickness tonight. As along as she is healthy she will be a solid contributor.
Alexis Sevillian has a very nice shooting touch and hit a couple of threes.
Megan was Megan with 22 despite the double and triple teams.
Tania had 12 and started. She also had a couple of threes.
Kathleen Doyle was the third player in double figures with 10.
The Hawks had 4 with 8 points (Chase, Makenzie, Hannah, and Alexis).
The team was pretty solid, with a 3rd quarter lull as the officials stopped calling some contact. But they got the energy back and finished strong. All 11 played. Mak led the assists with 6.

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/boxscore.aspx?id=10994&path=wbball

I agree with everything you said. Amanda is in MUCH better shape. Coach Jan said in post game that they were happy to see her more aggressive inside. Said she was slow to grasp the intensity the coaches wanted. I've always thought she had talent, the only thing I questioned was her "want to". She showed much more of that last night.

Was there a recruit present? A young lady sitting directly across from the team seemed to be getting some attention.

I agree with everything you said. Amanda is in MUCH better shape. Coach Jan said in post game that they were happy to see her more aggressive inside. Said she was slow to grasp the intensity the coaches wanted. I've always thought she had talent, the only thing I questioned was her "want to". She showed much more of that last night.
Who is doing the radio broadcast this year? same as last year?

Same broadcast crew, rob Brooks and Jamie Cavey Lang. I was wondering about Jaime since she had a baby in between seasons. but she was there.

Too bad about the football game time being set for 2:30, even if it is an away game. A 4:00 start for the women's game will be a tough draw.

Same broadcast crew, rob Brooks and Jamie Cavey Lang. I was wondering about Jaime since she had a baby in between seasons. but she was there.

I thought they sounded better and smoother than last year. Of course going from someone like Blabinot to someone like Brooks was going to be big transition.

Reactions: JAMAM
There are four teams involved. The late announcing of football games doesn't allow for travel plans to be switched probably.

Back from Carver Where the Hawks beat MSU Moorhead 85-56. MSu is a top 20 DIV II team that was 25-5 last year. they hit some threes and FTs for most of their scoring.
Some highlights;
Chase Coley looks much more aggressive and didn't shy away from contact. Hit some shots and had 10 rebounds.
Amanda Ollinger is in better condition and also had 10 rebounds. Handled the ball pretty well.
Carly mohns played a lot and showed real hustle and quickness tonight. As along as she is healthy she will be a solid contributor.
Alexis Sevillian has a very nice shooting touch and hit a couple of threes.
Megan was Megan with 22 despite the double and triple teams.
Tania had 12 and started. She also had a couple of threes.
Kathleen Doyle was the third player in double figures with 10.
The Hawks had 4 with 8 points (Chase, Makenzie, Hannah, and Alexis).
The team was pretty solid, with a 3rd quarter lull as the officials stopped calling some contact. But they got the energy back and finished strong. All 11 played. Mak led the assists with 6.

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/boxscore.aspx?id=10994&path=wbball
Carly Mohns, not mohns...................

It will be interesting to see Missouri, Pigelton's teams are usually well coached and they have a reputation for being very physical. Where our reputation is for having trouble with physical teams (of course we have to get past Quinnipiac first). Gotta pick the Tigers to win the tournament, hope I'm wrong.

Coach Bluder goes for win #700 tonight! She is currently 29th all time. Nine wins from the top 25.

Reactions: cyberhawk
It will be interesting to see Missouri, Pigelton's teams are usually well coached and they have a reputation for being very physical. Where our reputation is for having trouble with physical teams (of course we have to get past Quinnipiac first). Gotta pick the Tigers to win the tournament, hope I'm wrong.
W Kentucky leads Missouri at halftime 45-35!

The Hilltoppers held on to upset the Tigers 77-76 to advance to the championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT