ADVERTISEMENT

WBB 2018-2019 SEASON

Any word on Meyer? Hope it’s nothing serious

This is also why I wish Tomi had been getting consistent 4–8 minutes per game in conference games in case her role has to expand. Now if Meyer is out, Tomi has to step into larger role having not played meaningful minutes in several weeks.

Coach Bluder & Fitz didn't have anything to say on the post game about her. As Gabe said she appeared to be walking fine in the hand shake line, but I'd guess she'll be further evaluated back in Iowa City. If she is unable to go, Alex Sevillian would step in with Tomi/Zion getting a few backup minutes. I agree Tomi looks promising from what we've seen of her, but let's hope Makenzie is good to go!

Reactions: FrankBurns00
This is also why I wish Tomi had been getting consistent 4–8 minutes per game in conference games in case her role has to expand. Now if Meyer is out, Tomi has to step into larger role having not played meaningful minutes in several weeks.

Tomi could have played eight or so minutes this game. There were still four starters in the game up 20 with five minutes left. Megan came back into the game with about three minutes in the game - us up 20. Why?

Tomi could have played eight or so minutes this game. There were still four starters in the game up 20 with five minutes left. Megan came back into the game with about three minutes in the game - us up 20. Why?

I assumed because she was one rebound short of another double-double.

Anyone listen to the Lisa Bluder Show tonight, and, specifically, hear anything re Meyer? I was thinking it was at 7 instead of 6 and only heard the last 30 seconds.

Anyone listen to the Lisa Bluder Show tonight, and, specifically, hear anything re Meyer? I was thinking it was at 7 instead of 6 and only heard the last 30 seconds.

I listened and I never heard anything regarding Mac nor did I hear anyone ask. I didn't hear all of it but most of it, so I could have missed that part. Harmon was subbing for Lisa and Kathleen and Tania were on the last several minutes. I enjoy the show more when they just talk and skip some of the dumb questions from callers, the same callers by the way.

Need a B1G crowd for the game with MSU tonight to even the season series! This team deserves our support! Go Hawks!!!

Reactions: JAMAM
Need a B1G crowd for the game with MSU tonight to even the season series! This team deserves our support! Go Hawks!!!
Wonder who is responsible for the women and men being on the same time and on BTN and
ESPN espectively
Yes, there are women bb fans and men bb fans, but some people, like me, watch both teams at home and it will be difficult tonight. :(

Per the Iowa WBB Twitter feed, Meyer not playing tonight due to the injury suffered Sunday. Status day-to-day.

I was impressed by Ollinger's hustle play tonight. In one defensive play in the second half she lunged at the three point shooter in one corner, and immediately turned around and got the rebound in the other corner.

Reactions: LinusPF and JAMAM
SO has a ton of potential. Let's hope she rises with an expanded roll next year.

I'd like to see Tomi start splitting minutes with Alexis more going forward. She looked fairly good last night, is taller by 5 inches, and seems to be less turnover prone. Her three point shot looks pretty good, too.

I prefer Alexis playing early. Toni looked lost on D last night at times and was blocked several times. With year of strength and a summer of practice she will be good to go. Bluder needs to get Tomi and Cook more minutes each game though, especially when we have a lead so they have an opportunity to develop

Reactions: JAMAM and DewHawk
I hadn't heard that, but it certainly seems better than a tear. Hopefully she can get back in a game or so to full strength.

It depends on which ligaments were extended. If it was the LCL could be looking at 10-14 days before she's at full strength depending on severity though it could be sooner. If its just the PCL it will be less time. She might be able to go a few minutes on Sunday if she responds well.

I'd like to see Tomi start splitting minutes with Alexis more going forward. She looked fairly good last night, is taller by 5 inches, and seems to be less turnover prone. Her three point shot looks pretty good, too.

I agree Tomi takes much better care of the ball than Alexis, is quicker, taller, but is only lacking experience. I really like her quick release on her 3 ball & how she attacked the basket even though she didn't convert, improved strength will help her there. She also appears to be more aware of where the ball is defensively than Alexis even if she is slightly out of position at times, that is easily fixed.

Monika played a great first half too finishing against a physical interior defense. Playing against Megan in practice every day cannot be fun but it appears to be paying off as the season progresses. Really looking forward to seeing Kate Martin next season as those 3 from this class will be difference makers.

Is there any argument on who the Big Ten Player of the Week is? I also don't know what anyone else did but they would probably need 3 games to fill her stat line.

Reactions: cyberhawk
In the game highlight posted on hawkeyesports.com, there's a shot of the locker room during an interview of Coach Bluder, and there's an AC/DC poster on the wall. I wonder which player it belongs to? Also, love that dig by Tania Davis on the floor that ended up in Sevillian's hands for a 3-pointer. Hanna Stewart was the "setter". Some volleyball move there!

Reactions: hawkahawk
These ceiling games for Bluder's Bunches have been really tough over the years. I'm really hoping for MG for a win today. Would do wonders, along with a BIG title, for her national award prospects.

I have never been to an NCAA women's tournament game. If Iowa was to host one, what day would it be and approximately how much would a ticket cost? TIA

I have never been to an NCAA women's tournament game. If Iowa was to host one, what day would it be and approximately how much would a ticket cost? TIA
This year the first round games are on Friday March 22 or Saturday March 23, and the second round games are on Sunday March 24 or Monday March 25. I can't remember exactly but I think in 2015 when Iowa last hosted the ticket price for both days was around $30 when purchased in advance, which included all three games.

Reactions: SLarew
In the game highlight posted on hawkeyesports.com, there's a shot of the locker room during an interview of Coach Bluder, and there's an AC/DC poster on the wall. I wonder which player it belongs to?
OK, I'm quoting myself:) Just read that Tania Davis is best air guitarist on the team. So, perhaps the AC/DC poster is hers?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT