ADVERTISEMENT

WBB 16/17 Season

Thanks Oakhawk. I was thinking the draft might be later than that but as far as I am concerned, 'the sooner the better'. Now I have a couple more questions, and they are for anyone who wants to reply. First, who will be the number one over all pick, and second, which of the new freshmen will be the first to be selected . I'm thinking Chase and Megan will be the first two to be chosen. After that I believe Alexa, Carly, Hannah and Christina in no particular order. I'll guess that Kathleen will be the first of the freshmen to be picked. I'm excited for the GTL season to begin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dfschmidt1940
IMHO GTL would be stronger if UNI would allow their kids to participate. Anybody know why they no longer do? Or are they no longer invited?

UNI's coach decided that it would be more beneficial to stay home and work out rather than play games.

Bummer. Kind of wonder if there might be a personality clash with Larson. He really gets into the coaching aspect of it, perhaps that wasn't appreciated by Warren.

Speaking of Larson...they announced a change due to NCAA rules for GTL.

New schedule for Game Time--Game Time will play every Wednesday, from July 7 to July 29. Tryouts will be June 25 at 10 am at NDAC.
** Draft is June 27 **

This year Game Time is a league but not an event, as defined by the NCAA, and therefore no Division I college coaches may attend. Thanks for your cooperation.

Speaking of Larson...they announced a change due to NCAA rules for GTL.

This year Game Time is a league but not an event, as defined by the NCAA, and therefore no Division I college coaches may attend. Thanks for your cooperation.
Did coaches attend the games before? I thought it had always been prohibited.

At one time there was an open period during part of the GTL where coaches could come . And Lisa could come to see her daughter play last year.
On a positive note, Ally's internship ends July 9. So she could play in at least part of the games. It looks like according to the announcement that they will only play 4 or 5 games.

North Liberty will host the women’s Game Time League on four consecutive Wednesdays, beginning on July 6 and concluding July 27 without a postseason. UNI’s women do not participate alongside the Iowa players.
Disappointing, only 4 games, and no play-offs.

The incoming players will start summer classes around the 14th of June . The draft is on the 27th. So the players will have a couple of weeks to adjust before games.

Elite Camp is today and tomorrow. They should be hosting some top targets.

On coach Jensen's Instagram she posted an image of the team talking to the campers... Looks like Alexa Kastanek is wearing a walking boot - any idea what her injury is?

https://t.co/JdCYNWkBo3

Is Christina not participating with the Canadian National team?
Christina is trying out for the Canadian Developmental Women's National Team (or Senior B Team)

She should know later this week if she makes the squad. If so, she will train with them this month and travel to Europe for a couple exhibitions.

If not, she will play in the GTL.

Alexa has had constant trouble with her ankles for the past two seasons. I'm guessing more of the same.

Happened to see Kastanek at the baseball tournament, no walking boot then.

Ck7UpMzXAAAbPDh.jpg

FR at first practice! L-R Kathleen Doyle, Makenzie Meyer, Alexis Sevillian, Bre Cera, Amanda Ollinger

Strength and Conditioning coach, Gabby Quiggle , is also leaving. Going to Oregon. She had been at Iowa for 9 years.

Telia Marks is also leaving.
I am proud to announce that my family and I have relocated to Connecticut
2764.png
now working with Quinnipiac wbb!
webicon_green.png

When will the rosters be announced?

I'm curious about the selection order and also which area preps (IC, CR and particularly QC area) might be participating this summer.

Last edited:
It looks like all the media people were caught up in Zach Johnson's event and Bob Brooks passing. I don't think anyone covered it. No listings of rosters that I can find.
The PTL/GTL site still has 2015. The PTL draft was four days ago and nothing has been updated.

The Game Time League website posted a message that the draft had been postponed to Thursday June 30th. That's tomorrow. Hopefully information will come out then. Prime Time League rosters are out somewhere, though not on PTL's site. There is a link in one of the threads.

I saw that they were asking for more players. I think they were short on filling out the rosters.

Without UNI, the GTL is very limited. In previous years UNI would account for nearly a third of the participants. Now, not only does make it hard to get enough players, but the level of the competition is undoubtedly lower. I am disappointed with my Alma Mater.

Without UNI, the GTL is very limited. In previous years UNI would account for nearly a third of the participants. Now, not only does make it hard to get enough players, but the level of the competition is undoubtedly lower. I am disappointed with my Alma Mater.

Reactions: Tunadog
It takes a tic down without UNI, but they get some good small college players, and ex-college players.
2016 Hawk pairs in GTL
Ally Disterhoft, Christina Buttenham (they also have a very good PG, ex-Luther Moran Lonning)
Megan Gustafson, Bre Cera (the Wisconsin duo)
Chase Coley, Makenzie Meyer
Alexa Kastanek, Amanda Ollinger
Hannah Stewart, Alexis Sevillian
Kathleen Doyle, Hailey Schneden
Not playing at this point: Tania Davis and Carly Mohns ( the two coming off injury)

Each roster has 7 players right now. They are encouraging more to apply. Looks like Bethany Doolittle will be a player-coach for Kathleen Doyle's team.

Whether or not the league talent was low last year is a matter of debate and depends on your definition or standard of measure for such. My assertion is that the level almost certainly must be lower [than before] simply because there are (I'm speculating) fewer D1 players and more small-college and preps participating.

PS. Thanks Oakhawk for the update. Some of those ex college players could actually raise the level. Also, I was really hoping to see Carly back in action. She is my underdog/sleeper on the team.

Last edited:
Hopefully they will update the rosters on the website before the opening games on the 6th.
The PTL has played already and they still have 2015 rosters.

I see that the 2016 GTL roster and schedule have been posted on its website. Each team has 7 players listed, except Bethany Doolittle's team since she's a player/coach.

I made my own copy of the schedule the way I need it: The teams plus the schedule with the Iowa players clearly marked, all on one page.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT