ADVERTISEMENT

WBB Recruiting 2017 and On

Through 5 games, Megan Meyer is averaging 27.4 ppg, shooting 40% from 3pt (4 makes per game), and shooting 84% from the FT line.
Logan Cook is averaging 16.3 ppg and 9 rebounds per game. Has 11 steals in 3 games, shooting 88.9% from the FT line.
AR-171209925.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=819

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberhawk
Cyber, that's what I thought when i saw the stat line. Megan at the college level. Monika , for now at least ,at the HS level.

33 rebounds?:eek:
She plays in Louisville and doesn't have an offer from Louisville yet. Perhaps Louisville feels they can always get her if they want to.

Kate Martin had 22 points and 8 rebounds as her Edwardsville team moved to 6-0.
Monika Czianano had 21.
Megan Meyer had 17 (3 threes) in a three point loss to #7 SE Polk.
Logan Cook had 13 points and 8 rebounds in a win.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberhawk
Tomi Taiwo and the undefeated Carmel girls won again to go to 13-0. They are now ranked #3 nationally.
https://twitter.com/CHS_Womensbball
Kate Martin's Edwardsville team is also undefeated and ranked #10 nationally.
Logan Cook's IC West team was ranked #6, but they lost to #5 Hopkins (MN) and dropped out. They are playing without starting guard Rachael Saunders (Creighton) but she should be back.

Last edited:
Monika is having a great SR year. Her team is 7-1. She is averaging 25.3 points and rebounding well. Her team lost two D-1 guards from last season, so she has taken on a bigger role.

oakhawk, Monika has a younger sister (Maggie I think) who is a freshman on the team. What, if anything do you know about her?

I found she's a 5'11 Forward on the W-M team, not much else yet since she's a FR.

Fourth-quarter run sends Carmel past Bedford

...Tomi Taiwo’s 3-pointer changed a 31-31 tie into a 34-31 Greyhound lead, and later Taiwo’s basket off a steal pushed Carmel ahead 42-35.

https://readthereporter.com/fourth-quarter-run-sends-carmel-past-bedford/

Greyhounds break away from Stars

...[Tomi] Taiwo got a steal and layup off a halfcourt trap, then swished a pair from the stripe to give the Greyhounds a 59-53 advantage with 1:45 [left in the game]. ...Taiwo finished with 16 points...

https://www.tmnews.com/sports/high_...cle_c010bc1c-9faf-5236-a878-45dca114cd67.html

Reactions: LinusPF
CARMEL DEFEATS MARTINSVILLE 68-55
SCOREBOOK LIVE REPORT
DEC 29, 2017

New Castle, Indiana - Carmel Guard Tomi Taiwo led all scorers with 27 points as the Greyhounds beat Martinsville 68-55 in a game at New Castle, Indiana." Taiwo's points came on 2 field goals, 5 three pointers and 8 of 8 free throws during the game...

https://scorebooklive.com/girls-basketball/games/45447-carmel-vs-martinsville/recap

Carmel advances to the final of the [one-day, four team] Hall-of-Fame Classic tournament tonight at 7:45 against the winner of the second semifinal game.

...it was Tomi Taiwo and the Greyhounds who came away with the 68-55 win to advance to the championship game of the Hall of Fame Classic. Taiwo scored a game-high 27 points, including 15 of Carmel’s 19 fourth-quarter points.
...but that wasn’t enough to offset Taiwo’s shooting. The senior Iowa commit hit four field goals in the final minutes, including three 3-pointers, and added four free throws. She finished the game 8-for-8 at the line.

CHS WomensBasketball
@CHS_Womensbball
4m
Hall of Fame Classic Champs !! All tournament team : Amy Dilk and MVP Tomi Taiwo !!!!

Carmel cruises by Zionsville 75-51
Scorebook Live Report
Dec 29, 2017
New Castle, IN - Carmel's Tomi Taiwo led all scorers with 22 points as the Greyhounds beat Zionsville 75-51 in a game at New Castle, IN." Taiwo's points came on 5 field goals, 2 three pointers and 6 of 6 free throws during the game. Zionsville was led by Maddie Nolan's 14 points and Katey Richason added 12. Zionsville fell to 1-1 overall while Carmel improved their record to 2-0.

hawkbuck70 said:
Well said. They are extremely nice kids and well mannered. They spend all their "extra" time, when not in school, studying or working, in the gym. Only Iowa has admittedly not recruited the Joens girls due to Mr. Joens. If costing his kids opportunities is represented by one daughter getting a scholarship to play at Illinois and the other at Iowa State, I would say they have fared pretty well. Could be he is an "ass" to a lot of people (I don't know the man) but is a responsible and very good dad. After seeing some of today's youth running around out there............give me the good dad.''

"Hawk24, post: 4632127, member: 1154"]"Good dads" don't behave so atrociously at games - to officials, coaches, other parents, teammates of his daughters, and even his daughters - that he has to be required to sit next to the AD or other school administrator if he wants to attend home games.''

Yep, hawkbuck70, you don't know the man, but he is a ''good dad''.His daughters are probably happy just to get away from him.

Jan Jensen‏@goiowa 2m2 minutes ago
Another fun aspect of today was having so many of our top young guns in the house! And,our Hawkeye family got a little B1Gger! Great day indeed! Happy Hawkeye New Year!
1f60a.png

Coach Jensen's tweet today....does this mean a new commit?

Jeff Linder (CR Gazette) tweeted that he would have recruiting news tomorrow, so I am going to say that’s a yes. Anyone have any good guesses as to who it may be?

Reactions: conn53victor
I have no idea but the Hawks certainly could use a big post player in the 2019 class, so I’m hoping it’s Cyndi Dodd. That may be a long shot, but regardless, I’m sure that it will be someone good.

Reactions: hawkahawk
Watertown-Mayer girls basketball team moves to 5-1
by James Stitt Dec 22, 2017

[WM defeated] conference foes New London Spicer 57-55 and Orono 69-57...
[Against NLS]...Monika and Maggie Czinano both hit free throws with under 1 minute remaining to tie the game. As time expired, Maggie Czinano got inside and made the winning layup as time expired. Monika Czinano led the Royals with 20 points and 13 rebounds. Maggie Czinano nearly had a double-double as she scored nine points and hauled in nine rebounds.
...Against Orono...Monika Czinano recorded her sixth double-double of the year, scoring 36 points while hauling in 10 boards. [...and] Maggie Czinano scored six points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT