ADVERTISEMENT

WBB Recruiting 2017 and On

Gabbie Marshall is back after missing six games with an ankle injury! In Mount Notre Dame's tournament game her line was:
6 minutes played, 8-9 from the field, 6-6 on 3ptrs, 23 points.

Kate Martin had 15 in a 51-40 win
5a8b87bbc3b33.image.jpg

sectional semis, now 28-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberhawk
Gabbie Marshall is back after missing six games with an ankle injury! In Mount Notre Dame's tournament game her line was:
6 minutes played, 8-9 from the field, 6-6 on 3ptrs, 23 points.

Kate Martin had 15 in a 51-40 win
5a8b87bbc3b33.image.jpg

sectional semis, now 28-0.
I believe Edwardsville plays Rock Island on Thursday. Hopefully Kate puts in a good word about Iowa to Brea Beal.

Reactions: JAMAM
Megan Meyer is going back to State! She scored 22 in the first half as the Mohawks built a 21 point lead. Then cruised home with 27 for the game.
http://globegazette.com/sports/high...cle_c038bb22-f89f-57b5-aa1d-280f6e79a8df.html
Logan Cook and IC West are headed to State.Logan Cook, an Iowa signee, finished with a team-high 20 points and 12 rebounds. Cook feasted on second opportunities, particularly in the first half, as West built a 34-18 cushion.
So, all three of the Hawks recruits (Cook 2018, Meyer 2019, Wetering 2020) are playing in DM.

Last edited:
Kate Martin and Edwardsville knocked off Brea Beal and Rock Island to run their record to 29-0. Kate had 10. Brea 14. 48-44 in OT.
Ewardsville eliminated Rock Island for the fourth straight year.

Last edited:
Sounds like Rock Island got the fuzzy end of the lollipop in that game. Edwardsville 18-23 from the line, RI 2 free throws. RI called for 21 fouls, Edwardsville 7.

Gabbie Marshall plated 22 minutes in MND's 72-25 win.
Since returning from injury she is 14-20 from the field, including 10-15 from 3pt. And 5-5 from the FT line. 23 and 20 points in 28 minutes total.

Reactions: iarick
State tournament time in HS GBB
http://ighsau.org/basketball/
Will have live streams Monday
1:30 pm IC West and Logan Cook
8:30 pm Mason City and Megan Meyer
Wednesday
6:45 pm Montezuma and Shateah Wetering
Monday Illinois
7:00 pm Edwardsville and Kate Martin
Tuesday Ohio
6:00 pm Mount Notre Dame and Gabbie Marshall
Thursday Minn
7:00 pm Water Town - Mayer and Monika Czinano

Was that a recruit who was sitting next to Coach at the men's game. I didn't recognize them.

Edwardsville and Kate Martin won
59-43 to advance to state. Now 30-0. Next vs. Montini on Friday. Kate had 24 points on 8-13 shooting.

5a94cfed62006.image.jpg

Last edited:
Mason City and Megan Meyer had their season end with a loss to #3 Grinnell. Megan had 15.

After watching Crestwood's state quarterfinal game, I really like Sharon Goodman (6'2' post) as a prospect for the 2020 class. She runs the floor well, finishes pretty well around the rim, shoots free throws well for a post, and can impact the game defensively.

I'd like to see her get more aggressive overall (especially in fighting for rebounds), and I have no idea what kind of a shooter she is from further out, but those are things she can develop over the next two years.

Reactions: cyberhawk
Edwardsville and Kate Martin won
59-43 to advance to state. Now 30-0. Next vs. Montini on Friday. Kate had 24 points on 8-13 shooting.

5a94cfed62006.image.jpg
Edwardsville defeats Mother McAuley at Bloomington Super-Sectional

Senior all-state guard Kate Martin scored 12 of her 23 points in the first quarter as the undefeated Tigers bolted out to 21-3 lead and romped past Chicago Mother McAuley 59-43 at Shirk Center on the campus of Illinois Wesleyan University.

With Martin connecting on a pair of 3-point shots [...] Edwardsville (30-0) took a 14-0 lead in the opening five minutes.

http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/girls-prep-basketball/article202134914.html

Reactions: JAMAM and oakhawk
Shateah Wetering ended her soph year with 9 points and 8 rebounds in a Montezuma 4 point loss to undefeated #2 Central Decatur.

Gabbie Marshall 3 pm Saturday
Kate Martin 5:30 pm Friday
Logan Cook 11:45 am Thursday
Monika Czinano 7 pm Thursday

Season ended : Tomi Taiwo, Megan Meyer, Shateah Wetering.

Reactions: JAMAM
I watched the Montezuma game. Shateah almost pulled off the upset. Went down 11 early, took the lead at one point but couldn't hold it.

Monika Czinano moves on with a win. Next Saturday at 6pm against Maple Lake.

Logan Cook will play for a state championship! West beat Indianola. 6pm Friday vs City High.
Oak, what position do you see Logan playing at Iowa? In the state tournament games, she exclusively plays post and rarely shoots outside the lane or drives.

I think Iowa envisions her as a 3/4 wing. The position West has her playing doesn't lead to shots or offense. Logan has been working on her 3pt shot and face up game. Due to what she is playing at West I don't see an immediate impact at Iowa. She will be basically starting over.

After watching Crestwood's state quarterfinal game, I really like Sharon Goodman (6'2' post) as a prospect for the 2020 class. She runs the floor well, finishes pretty well around the rim, shoots free throws well for a post, and can impact the game defensively.

I'd like to see her get more aggressive overall (especially in fighting for rebounds), and I have no idea what kind of a shooter she is from further out, but those are things she can develop over the next two years.

Anyone know if Iowa is looking at her, I see she had another good game at State.?

I think Iowa envisions her as a 3/4 wing. The position West has her playing doesn't lead to shots or offense. Logan has been working on her 3pt shot and face up game. Due to what she is playing at West I don't see an immediate impact at Iowa. She will be basically starting over.
Oak, do you think she will be a candidate to redshirt? I know Lisa rarely redshirts her players, but they should have better depth next year, so might make sense.

It would save her a year. but injuries are always a threat. Hard to say.

I see that Kate Martin's game is on the NBC Sports Chicago overflow channel in a couple of minutes.

Was Huggins coaching for Rock Island?
Rock Island gets screwed every year by the State of Illinois. Complete horse$hit they have to go 3 hours away every year and play closer to Edwardsville. I thought Iowa 5A was bad, but how Rock Island gets treated is shameful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT