ADVERTISEMENT

WBB Recruiting 2017 and On

DYQsXo9VwAAk3_s.jpg:large

Monika a finalist for Miss Basketball in Minnesota.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberhawk
I couldn't tell for sure which one was Monika, but thought she might be the one in the back, right side with the black shirt on. But, that person looks to be on crutches.
I think she is in the back row with the Royals jersey.

Iowa Women's BBall
@IowaWBB

Congrats to future Hawkeye @kate_martin22 on being named to the USA Today All-USA Illinois Girls Basketball First Team! We can't wait until you join us on campus! #Hawkeyes #FightForIowa pic.twitter.com/o5WcXcOYd8
View photo

Florida, LSU, Louisville, Michigan State, Mississippi State, and Missouri.

Reactions: JAMAM
Cyndi Dodd (2019 6'5" P Iowa offer), who is with ILGR, has been receiving numerous offers for her recent performance. In addition to Iowa, I believe she has been offered by B1G schools Purdue, MSU, Wisconsin and Illinois as well as Arkansas, Duke, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Kansas, Kentucky, Marquette, Mississippi State, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, and maybe others.
Reposted from last July.

Iowa has their Elite Camp next week. Might see some movement on the recruiting front then.

Iowa visited Taiyier Parks, 6-2 PF 2019. Taiyier was an invitee to the 2015 16U and 2017 16U USA National Team trials.
The 2018s still have some All Star games. Monika Czinano plays in April.
Tomi Taiwo was named to the 15 member Indiana Elite Team. They have a game against the JR All Stars, then play the Kentucky All Stars. Those games are in June.
Logan Cook played in an Iowa all Star game tonight.
I don’t know the exact dates or times, but... Tomi Taiwo and Indiana Elite will be action in a few days.

Carmel's Taiwo scores 26
For someone who had never seen the movie "Hoosiers," Carmel's Tomi Taiwo sure played like she belonged in the Hoosier Gym. Heading to Iowa next season, Taiwo scored a game-high 26 points to help Hickory beat Terhune.

"It means a lot," Taiwo said. "It's really a honor to play with the best players in Indiana. So, I'm really grateful for it."

More: Carmel's Tomi Taiwo reluctantly takes spotlight in Hall of Fame Classic title

In the second half, Taiwo scored 19 points, but she said nothing changed for her specifically after halftime. With seven made 3-pointers, her shooting was lights out.

"At first, I wasn't really in my groove, but I kind of just let it fly," Taiwo said. "I'm best known for my shooting so I wanted to exhibit that today."

636635501131242299--N5P8778.jpg
Buy Photo
Carmel's Amy Dilk (3) is seen during the High School Basketball Hoosiers Reunion Classic at Hoosier Gym in Knightown, Indiana on Jun 1, 2018. (Michael Hickey for The Star) (Photo: Michael Hickey, Michael Hickey for the Star)

DfGKfl6VQAAzgFD.jpg:large

Kate Martin, Logan Cook, and Monika Czinano have arrived and are at the Camp. Tomi Taiwo will arrive after her all-Star games.

DfGKfl6VQAAzgFD.jpg:large

Kate Martin, Logan Cook, and Monika Czinano have arrived and are at the Camp. Tomi Taiwo will arrive after her all-Star games.
I know many fans would love to see an open practice or three seeing as the summer league is no more. North liberty has a nice gym

DfC5TICU0AAzWZo.jpg:large

Final stats from the SR vs JR gme last night. Tomi started but only played 15 minutes. Took five shots, all 3s, and made 3.

Thanks for the box score. That’s a very good stat line for Tomi in just 15 minutes!

I see that Tomi’s former Carmel HS point-guard teammate Amy Dilk lead the seniors with 16 points (6-15, 2-5, 2-2) and 5 assists but also 5 TO’s in 31 minutes. She is bound to Michigan.

Two juniors that have Iowa offers are Cindi Dodd and Amaya Hamilton.

Last edited:
Iowa also offered Jorie Allen. But she chose to stay in state and will attend Indiana.

Box score from tonight's game at Kentucky.
Tomi had 8 pts in 18 minutes. 3-6 from the field (1-2 from 3pt). 1-1 from the line.
Game 2 tomorrow at Indiana.

Tomi scored 10 points in 15 minutes of play, along with 4 rebounds and 2 blocked shots as the Indiana All-Stars beat Kentucky to earn a split in the two game series.
Tomi was the leading scorer for Indiana at the half, with 7 points in 10 minutes. But she only got to play 5 minutes in the second half. She was 4-7 from the field, 2-4 from 3pt. Beside being a great 3pt shooter, she also led the EBYL (Nike Elite AAU) shooting 92% from the FT line last year.
DfSOGS3WAAAIMNe.jpg

I expect she will join the Hawks early next week.
They have their Elite Summer Camp starting Monday.

Dodd commits to Mich State. I thought if Iowa got her, they would have someone to match with the 275 beasts that MSU rolls out.Now she has become one.

Take Jordan King off the board. she committed to Marquette. I liked her all-round game.

Kaylah Rainey is still on the board and she is a ‘shorter’ guard, but will the coaches take another guard with Gabby Marshall and Megan Meyer already committed?
I believe everyone else on the board are wings or forwards, of which I would think that Iowa would like to have one of each or possibly even two forwards if they could get them.

So this is what I have left on the board...

2023 (HS 2019 offers)

F Taiyier Parks
F Rickea Jackson
W Breanna Beal
W McKenna Warnock
W Amaya Hamilton
W Zoe Zacker

2023 (HS 2019 committed)

G Megan Meyer
G Gabby Marshall

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT