ADVERTISEMENT

We have the most underachieving recruiting staff in the country

You must have missed the Michigan game this year.

So you pick out the one time in 3 years we won a game we weren't supposed to? What about Florida, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Stanford, Tennessee.. Do you understand the point I'm making or do I need to explain it further?

You should be ashamed of yourself. It's fans like you and your kind that have allowed Ferentz to remain in his position, collecting huge pay checks, without ever feeling the pressure to improve upon what clearly hasn't worked.

We both know Iowa is notorious for scheduling a fairly tame non conference lineup, and when matched up with a more talented team haven't performed very well. Just take a look at our bowl record or our record vs marquee opponents. Kirk feasts on 7-9 wins a year and is content with running a clean program and being decent human being. Those attributes don't have to be mutually exclusive with being competitive against the stronger teams in college football, but he'll never feel the pressure to try and figure out how to take that next step, largely because of a fan base made up of people like yourself.
The only thing I'm ashamed of, is that I used to be a lot like you, investing way too much time and energy into the success of a football team.
Focusing on all of the positive things that KF has done for this program instead of the few perceived negatives about him has made me a much happier fan, husband and father. I still regret all those weekends I ruined for my family because of the outcomes of a game. Hopefully someday you grow up and realize the same thing. Seriously guy you should find a couple other hobbies. Go Hawks!!!

So you pick out the one time in 3 years we won a game we weren't supposed to? What about Florida, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Stanford, Tennessee.. Do you understand the point I'm making or do I need to explain it further?
Better explain further. I'm really stupid.

This is bullsh*t. I'm so sick and tired of our fans accepting this by using the same old tired worn out excuses.. "Blah blah we've never recruited well, we aren't a blueblood, we are better at developing players" and on and on..

I see the dipsh*t nub fans swarm our board throwing their recruit list in our face lately, and while we fire back with "40-10" and "3 of the last 4", I'm gonna tell ya we won't keep continuing to kick their ass at this pace. It just won't happen. Stars do matter. Imagine what we would do with their recruiting class. We would compete for a Big Ten title on a semi regular basis if we finished around the Top 15-25 each year the way that we develop our guys.

If you think we can continue to roll over those red headed step sisters to the west with a roster full of 5.5 & 5.6 players, you're gonna be sadly mistaken. Keep dreaming. While we promote in house with more of the same Ferentz brand, they go out and get that DB coach who is an animal on the west coast & then Diaco who I WOULD LOVE to have @ Iowa. There is no sustainability to this method, eventually we are gonna square up vs nubby when they have a QB that isn't injured or mildly retarded, as they are stockpiling rivals100 & 250 talent at that position and Armstong has graduated.

Hell yes it's fun to laugh at them and beating nubby will always be a huge thing for us, but I'm here to tell you we can't keep this up by striking out time and time again on the recruiting trail...putting forth minimal effort during the 'in season' period...and doing all the typical Ferentz brand bullsh*t that leads to having a class ranked 60th at the end of the year!! THIS IS IOWA AND WE DESERVE BETTER - WE CAN DO BETTER!!!

We need to be getting the best assistants money can buy. We need to win head to head recruiting matchups vs these rivals. We need to go toe to toe with dominant teams on the trail and pull some serious talent off the coast, not scrambling to flip MAC level athletes in January.

We are Iowa. We deserve better. There is just too much complacency on this board when it comes to settling for these severely mediocre recruiting classes that a head coach with 1,000% job security is giving us. We deserve better. Kirk is a good man, but he has our program in cruise control.
I Can you be "asleep at wheel" while in CRUISE control? Just asking?

Our "underachieving" and "lazy" staff just picked up 2 great commits this late in the game in Creamer and Bryan. Both with multiple power 5 offers. Funny cause from what have posted here it was only 2* MAC players that we were going to take.

Our "underachieving" and "lazy" staff just picked up 2 great commits this late in the game in Creamer and Bryan. Both with multiple power 5 offers. Funny cause from what have posted here it was only 2* MAC players that we were going to take.
Point duly noted.Look forward to these and all others competing and getting PT asap.I said can you "SLEEP" while cruise control on?GO HAWKS AND BIG WIN TUES.

It's all about expectations at the top. KF's latest contract bares the truth to what you say here. 7 wins is the weather mark of success according to the contract proffered by Barta and signed by KF. That's basically a 3-1 OOC record with wins over Indiana, Purdue, Illinois and Minnesota. Or some combination of.
7 WINS Is the weather mark.Nothing else to say.BEER RUN.

Reactions: Floyd_Of_Rosedale
They're only great pick ups if they crack the starting line up.

Reactions: I drink it up
I am so sick of this underachieving and lazy staff discussion and evaluating kids as being successful only if they are starters or all Big Ten or play in the NFL. We have a head coach who lives by a set of standards and expects all of the student athletes to follow those standards and his goal is to develop them as FB players, but more importantly to develop them as men and future role models that can utilize their development in the Iowa football program for the rest of their lives. For those 18 olds that are willing to live and work for those same things, Iowa is a great fit. For those who are not at that point in their lives or not sure about that commitment, they are likely to be better off with a different program and I wish them well and hope they find that in their future.
There are many that think that unless the team wins every game, success has not been achieved. I love to win just like most of you and brag about the success of my alma mater too, but I much rather cheer for this team when they are producing quality people and for that I respect Kirk and his staff. It would be very hard to have been a PSU fan about 5 years ago or a Baylor fan today. Go Hawks!

This is bullsh*t. I'm so sick and tired of our fans accepting this by using the same old tired worn out excuses.. "Blah blah we've never recruited well, we aren't a blueblood, we are better at developing players" and on and on..

I see the dipsh*t nub fans swarm our board throwing their recruit list in our face lately, and while we fire back with "40-10" and "3 of the last 4", I'm gonna tell ya we won't keep continuing to kick their ass at this pace. It just won't happen. Stars do matter. Imagine what we would do with their recruiting class. We would compete for a Big Ten title on a semi regular basis if we finished around the Top 15-25 each year the way that we develop our guys.

If you think we can continue to roll over those red headed step sisters to the west with a roster full of 5.5 & 5.6 players, you're gonna be sadly mistaken. Keep dreaming. While we promote in house with more of the same Ferentz brand, they go out and get that DB coach who is an animal on the west coast & then Diaco who I WOULD LOVE to have @ Iowa. There is no sustainability to this method, eventually we are gonna square up vs nubby when they have a QB that isn't injured or mildly retarded, as they are stockpiling rivals100 & 250 talent at that position and Armstong has graduated.

Hell yes it's fun to laugh at them and beating nubby will always be a huge thing for us, but I'm here to tell you we can't keep this up by striking out time and time again on the recruiting trail...putting forth minimal effort during the 'in season' period...and doing all the typical Ferentz brand bullsh*t that leads to having a class ranked 60th at the end of the year!! THIS IS IOWA AND WE DESERVE BETTER - WE CAN DO BETTER!!!

We need to be getting the best assistants money can buy. We need to win head to head recruiting matchups vs these rivals. We need to go toe to toe with dominant teams on the trail and pull some serious talent off the coast, not scrambling to flip MAC level athletes in January.

We are Iowa. We deserve better. There is just too much complacency on this board when it comes to settling for these severely mediocre recruiting classes that a head coach with 1,000% job security is giving us. We deserve better. Kirk is a good man, but he has our program in cruise control.

So chuck how is bitching about it in another retread of a retread post gonna get anything done? It seems like you guys doing all the constant complaining about recruiting, nepotism, bad coaching, etc, etc are really getting stuff done about it aren't you. I guess I'm just not a real fan because I'm content with having a clean program run by a decent human being. Gothca. I'll tuck my tail and go hide now.
They pretty much bend over and take it.

The two most recent commitments are solid but we still need a playmaker at receiver. A one dimensional offense does nothing to improve the offense.

We seriously lost recruiting when KF hired Brian as OC. We had a chance to bring in an experienced offensive play caller that could recruit, but KF failed miserably. In two years they will both be gone. Too bad hawk fans are going to have to sit through this mess.
I'm going to be optimistic that BF will be able to find a way to incorporate a downfield passing game into the offense. Without that we will continue to win 7-8 games and get beat in bowl games by more talented offense teams.

You KNOW Charley..... We don't try to get too sexy around here!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT