maxresdefault.jpg

Coach Ferentz and his assistants Davis and Parker
are cleaning some things up for Michigan. In fact,
they are cleaning out their lockers looking for some
old "Hayden Fry Exotic Plays" to be used in the 21st
century against the Michigan Wolverines. This will
be our "Super Bowl" game.

Reactions: hawkeye747
Hate to say it but we aren't going to be competitive in that game. They are light years better than us in every aspect of football.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Another score of interest from Ann Arbor: Michigan 14, Wisconsin 7

Iowa's play has been deplorable this year. I am aghast, BUT there is time to turn things around. As easy as it is to imagine Michigan laying a horrible beating on the Hawkeyes, I'm not ready to accept that as a given just yet. Let's see what happens @ Purdue and, if that works out, mighty Wisconsin will be visiting Kinnick. I'm willing to wait and see what transpires that day too. Then we'll have a better idea of what's what.

And another thing that may provide a slight glimmer of hope is the reality that every week is a new one in college football. For instance, ask #6 Houston, on the road to the playoffs, how that inevitable beat down of poor little Navy turned out....

Last edited by a moderator:
This game will be 06 OSU all over again. We somehow will win the next 3 and be set up for the pain and suffering.

Ferentzball is usually conducive to close games. We don't usually blow out, or even always beat those teams we think we should. The good news is with a few notable exceptions, we seldom get blown out either. We have played Michigan well the last decade, and I believe we will be very competitive. Michigan 14 Wisconsin 7. I think our game against Michigan will be much closer to that score than a blowout.

Reactions: Bearhawk0505
Coach Ferentz and his assistants Davis and Parker
are cleaning some things up for Michigan. In fact,
they are cleaning out their lockers looking for some
old "Hayden Fry Exotic Plays" to be used in the 21st
century against the Michigan Wolverines. This will
be our "Super Bowl" game.

Need more pink paint. Maybe add a few couches and lounge chairs."74

Reactions: llhcatsports
No we won't, but i think we will play them fairly close. The KF special, ugly every game up, and hope to get lucky and win vs teams that don't have superior talent gap over us.

There are people in this thread taking other people seriously...that's not good. The sarcasm in this thread could drown a fish.

Hate to say it but we aren't going to be competitive in that game. They are light years better than us in every aspect of football.
I was going to say they're 186000 mi/s * x yrs better than us, but you beat me to it.

Need more pink paint. Maybe add a few couches and lounge chairs."74
wolverines74, my fellow Forter, it is great to hear from you. You have obviously kept your great sense of humor even in the midst of unfathomable physical problems with the transplants, etc. Hope you are continuing to recover and get better every day!!! God bless you!!!

If then the very unlikely chance they score more than 30 against Michigan, the following week they will score 10 against Illinois

Reactions: BigHawksFan
If Iowa loses to Purdue, the chances go way up, because it would be so KF to lose a too conservative, one score game to Purdue, and then brush off the top secret two TE, no huddle offense to beat a top five team a few weeks later.

Is it sad that most of us would accept this?

Reactions: BigHawksFan
I think it was mentioned on the Hawkeye Louge that if we lose to Wiscy, Michigan, and Nebraska it would be the first time we've lost 5 straight home games under HF/KF. I don't think the football (or Kinnick) gods will let that happen. I can see us surprising Wisconsin or Nebraska. We all know we'll lose to a Purdue/Illinois and beat a big dog. It's how the Hawkeyes role. In the end, we'll be 8-4 or 7-5 and be heading to the Holiday/Music City bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT