ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend trip to Iowa

old_spartan

Scout Team
Jul 24, 2014
I’m bringing the wife to the Iowa Iowa State dual. We live in NW MO. No pics.

Trying to plan a few things extra to make it a weekend getaway. Best places to eat? We hit the Bluebird Cafe last year for breakfast.

It’s Christmas, I’m sure she’d like lights.

Is there a way to see the wrestling room?

Any help is appreciated.

I’m bringing the wife to the Iowa Iowa State dual. We live in NW MO. No pics.

Trying to plan a few things extra to make it a weekend getaway. Best places to eat? We hit the Bluebird Cafe last year for breakfast.

It’s Christmas, I’m sure she’d like lights.

Is there a way to see the wrestling room?

Any help is appreciated.

If you're planning to stay downtown, Iowa Chop House or Joseph's are decent for a steak, Moseley's for BBQ, and For breakfast, checkout The Encounter Cafe or The Dandy Lion. It depends on when you get here for the wrestling room part. They usually practice around 3 on Friday. I imagine they will be running a practice on Saturday but I don't know the time. You could probably just show up after breakfast and I imagine someone will be around. Use the Gable statue entrance (NW side), take a left to the stairs and go down to the bottom floor, keep taking lefts and you'll end up in the hall to the wrestling room.

Thanks to everyone that posted. As mentioned, my wife is coming with to the dual. I’m coming back the following weekend for the World Cup. I’ll hit up a few of these places.

Thanks to everyone that posted. As mentioned, my wife is coming with to the dual. I’m coming back the following weekend for the World Cup. I’ll hit up a few of these places.
Your wife would love the cheeseburger at George's

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT