ADVERTISEMENT

Weiscamp vs. Zion Williamson

I have no idea how someone could watch that kid in HS and think to themselves "nah, we don't need that". Do they not understand that he would be the best player for Iowa right now, and maybe their best player ever (yes, I'm serious)?
Every fanbase has a large chunk of people who just don't know a damn thing about what they are watching. Listening to idiots is half the fun of going to a live game.

I bet Duke felt really bad about having Zion last night. Poor Duke. The fact that anyone would think that it's not a good idea to have a player like Zion is strange.

Ooops. Even so, I would love to have Zion for even a week. I can't even imagine talent like this in an Iowa uniform.

No worries, and yes, I'd take him in a heartbeat...especially for the BTT.

Did you guys miss the whole point of the argument that while Zion might possibly (no guarantee) help us this year, it is in Iowa's best interest long term to not have an NBA lottery pick play for us only one season. It just would be too detrimental to the program...

Yes, that's still a stupid argument.

After one game, there area number of pundits predicting an undefeated season for the Dookies. Dickie V has got to be creaming his jeans.

Reactions: jasonrann
Delusional. Not you, Rose.

I get that he's defending his boys, and that's fine, but he seems to be comparing college Fr ZW playing his first game to NBA All-Star version of Howard and CWebb. That's not the comparison to make...well, until about 6 years from now...maybe.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Ah, so you've been to quite a few games at Hilton, then?:p

Sadly, there are plenty of Iowa fans equally if not more stupid than the Hilton boobirds, as evidenced by this thread.
I've heard them in every game in every stadium/arena I've been to. The best is when people boo at a replay that clearly, to me, proves that the call was actually correct. Mob mentality is fascinating.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Did you guys miss the whole point of the argument that while Zion might possibly (no guarantee) help us this year, it is in Iowa's best interest long term to not have an NBA lottery pick play for us only one season. It just would be too detrimental to the program...

Yeah, why would we ever want that much talent and a chance to have a chance at a National championship team. o_O

Williamson would have dunked so hard on Chris Webber, Webber would have tucked in his pee pee and went home.

I haven't seen it, but maybe he has, but I'm surprised ZW hasn't broken something on a dunk such as a backboard, rim, support, etc. He's like Dominique, he dunks angry...every time. Except he has 60 pounds on Nique

I haven't seen it, but maybe he has, but I'm surprised ZW hasn't broken something on a dunk such as a backboard, rim, support, etc. He's like Dominique, he dunks angry...every time. Except he has 60 pounds on Nique

Someone brought up the same question the other night. The dude dunks with furious anger and at 280 lbs., it's only a matter of time. He is going to take someone's arm with it too.

Someone brought up the same question the other night. The dude dunks with furious anger and at 280 lbs., it's only a matter of time. He is going to take someone's arm with it too.

People can go old school and say what they want regarding charges and blocks, but I'm not sure I'd do either with him. Well, unless I was his height and built like him.

But yeah, I could see him hurting someone trying to block one of his dunks.

People can go old school and say what they want regarding charges and blocks, but I'm not sure I'd do either with him. Well, unless I was his height and built like him.

But yeah, I could see him hurting someone trying to block one of his dunks.

The thing that is most surprising to me is how light on his feet he is. I remember when Charles Barkley played at 270 or 280 and could really get going, but was basically going to truck someone. Williamson seems to be able to dribble around people which is pretty crazy. Just a ridiculous skill set.

Reactions: SSG T
The thing that is most surprising to me is how light on his feet he is. I remember when Charles Barkley played at 270 or 280 and could really get going, but was basically going to truck someone. Williamson seems to be able to dribble around people which is pretty crazy. Just a ridiculous skill set.

Chuck in college ...

Reactions: BrunoMars420

Agreed. It is stunning to see people clinging to this idea that a extremely talented player like Williamson would be bad for Iowa. Like we have had so much success with the guys who are staying all 4 years.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
Kind of combining the AW thread a bit...the thing that kills me is this, at the absolute worst, Zion is a FAR more athletic AW with better handles. Most here, not all, would take White in a heartbeat, but there are a few who wouldn't take ZW? That's insane, I'd take ZW every day over AW and I loved watching White.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
Keep in mind, Chuck was listed at 6'6 252 in college

Chuck was like 6’4 270 with super long arms that went down to his knees and big hands with great feet and could get off the ground quick.. Zion is all that and a whole lot more, his an absolute athletic specimen freak of nature..

From what I have heard about this kid....this is the thing that will kill him!(see highlighted above). He also believes he can block every single shot, which = bunch of fouls! Granted...the kid is electric scoring at the rim, but if that is all you can do against the level of competition he plays right now....not impressed. Got dudes that are as physical as him on every college team in the country.
faceplant.gif

From what I have heard about this kid....this is the thing that will kill him!(see highlighted above). He also believes he can block every single shot, which = bunch of fouls! Granted...the kid is electric scoring at the rim, but if that is all you can do against the level of competition he plays right now....not impressed. Got dudes that are as physical as him on every college team in the country.

Hahahaha!! I bet this is Fran's excuse in recruiting

Every fanbase has a large chunk of people who just don't know a damn thing about what they are watching. Listening to idiots is half the fun of going to a live game.
This is so true. Little “cool story bro” time here. Some years back I went to an Iowa Football game. I believe it was either Beathard or Rudock as the starter. Anyways, I had the pleasure of listening to the two dudes behind me discussing how Matt Vandeberg and James Vandenberg were brothers. It was fantastic, and oh so stupid.

Last night was a freak show. Highlight below at 1:22, and frozen at a different angle at 1:43, is probably the best college dunk of all time. Sequence of three plays starting at about 2:22 is amazing as well.

Here's some good ones

To be clear I wasn’t talking about dunks In significant moments in significant games. Just freakiness. Only the last one by hill is close. Dude had both wrists above the square on the backboard and the top of his head was rim high.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT