ADVERTISEMENT

Weiscamp vs. Zion Williamson

Duke, Coach K, and about every person who has ever watched a basketball game disagrees with you.
We will see....the kid is kicking the crap out of small town SC basketball teams. We will see...better expand his game...but as knowledgeable as you are you already know that.

Freak athletes like this are incredibly rare even at the D-1 level and are, rightly, highly prized.
He's firmly on the one and done track.

We can only wish that Iowa would ever attract a player of this caliber.

With Zion, Iowa is immediately in the discussion to compete for the conference title. They would be a shoe-in to make the tourny, and the fact that even if they were on the bubble they would be put over the top with his profile. It would also attract a lot of attention to the university and program, so as long as the team doesn't flat out suck it would pay dividends for the next few years at least.

The positives farrrrr outweigh any negatives.

Thats crazy.

Do you really mean it would be better for Iowa to pass on a player projected as a first rounder that leaves after year 1 and goes as a first rounder?

I really don't understand that mindset.

Iowa would be better off with out one? I’m confused on this one.. depending on how Carton’s development goes that may be an option for him too, did we not need him? And Zion is in a whole different caliber than DJ.

No, but we need great talent. You'd be stupid to ever let that talent pass if you could have it for a season.

Right now we are a team that has some serious developing to do and I don't particularly see the introduction of a one and done as being a good "team" building exercise,... I think we need to grow the program first and then after we get back on our feet we can look at loaning out the use of our stage for some one and done talent that tends to be more concerned about themselves than their single season college team mates....

Right now we are a team that has some serious developing to do and I don't particularly see the introduction of a one and done as being a good "team" building exercise,... I think we need to grow the program first and then after we get back on our feet we can look at loaning out the use of our stage for some one and done talent that tends to be more concerned about themselves than their single season college team mates....
You're a fool. We need someone ON the stage who would turn eyes toward IC, even if for only a season. Guys like that can build a team. He's a frosh and all his teammates worship him. Why? Because he's Lance Stephenson at 285, that's why. I live in Indy so please don't diatribe about Lance, he's a baller.

You're a fool. We need someone ON the stage who would turn eyes toward IC, even if for only a season. Guys like that can build a team. He's a frosh and all his teammates worship him. Why? Because he's Lance Stephenson at 285, that's why. I live in Indy so please don't diatribe about Lance, he's a baller.

Either way, it's not a problem that Iowa needs to be concerned about,... There are very few true one and done players each year and none of them will be coming to the Hawkeye state...

Does anyone truly think the Hawks couldn't use this...even for a year?

Three games in Canada...
Williamson’s numbers on the trip were fantastic, averaging 29.7 points and 11.3 rebounds per game on 64.5 percent from the field. He even made 3-of-9 attempts from three-point range.

Duke is going to be one of the most fun teams to watch this year imo. I expect some inconsistency due to their youth but there's so much potential in those three wings

He should decommit from whoever he's signed to, or decline all other offers, and come to Iowa so we can win a national championship.

Because I said so.....

From what I have heard about this kid....this is the thing that will kill him!(see highlighted above). He also believes he can block every single shot, which = bunch of fouls! Granted...the kid is electric scoring at the rim, but if that is all you can do against the level of competition he plays right now....not impressed. Got dudes that are as physical as him on every college team in the country.

Seems to be like a good night for bumping this post.

Not. Impressed.

28 points on 11/13 (1/1 from 3) shooting in 23 minutes...against #2

BTW, his teammate, Fr RJ Barret, had 33 pts on 13/26 in 32 min. And Cam Reddish dropped 22. They started 4 Fr and beat the #2 team by 34. Best recruiting class ever?

ADVERTISEMENT