ADVERTISEMENT

Well **** I guess Iowa FB never changes. Looks like we are in for another year of QB crap

You obviously don't follow college football at all.

https://collegefootballnews.com/ran...l-poll-rankings-greatest-programs-of-all-time

AP College Football Poll: 1936 to 2023 Final All-Time Rankings​

1 Alabama 1171 (1)​

2 Ohio State 1157 (2)​

3 Oklahoma 1147 (3)​

4 Michigan 1064 (4)​

5 Notre Dame 1048 (5)​

6 USC 851 (6)​

7 Texas 821 (T7)​

8 Nebraska 798 (T7)​

9 Penn State 734 (9)​

10 Tennessee 715 (10)​

11 Georgia 704 (12)​

12 LSU 702 (11)​

13 Florida State 605 (13)​

14 Auburn 584 (14)​

15 Florida 551 (15)​

16 Miami 534 (16)​

17 Clemson 503 (18)​

18 UCLA 498 (17)​

19 Michigan State 472 (19)​

20 Arkansas 444 (20)​

21 Washington 418 (22)​

22 Texas A&M 397 (21)​

23 Ole Miss 379 (24)​

24 Wisconsin 378 (23)​

25 Iowa 346 (25)​

No, that's my case in point exactly. We have arguably the most stable program in the country. We have a top 25 fanbase, we make top 25 money, we play in the 2nd largest conference ( and I think we make more money than the 1st).

We are not a "football school" that would take that and push all in every now and then to get to a point of actually competing for a championship. Get out 9 wins, keep people happy, bowl game after Christmas, no duis, don't risk much won't lose much. Shit man Brad has/had to fight thr university to even help get the Swarm started.

We are not a die hard football school.

No, that's my case in point exactly. We have arguably the most stable program in the country. We have a top 25 fanbase, we make top 25 money, we play in the 2nd largest conference ( and I think we make more money than the 1st).

We are not a "football school" that would take that and push all in every now and then to get to a point of actually competing for a championship. Get out 9 wins, keep people happy, bowl game after Christmas, no duis, don't risk much won't lose much. Shit man Brad has/had to fight thr university to even help get the Swarm started.

100% wrong. If you are a top 25 football school over a century. You are a football school. 108 other schools would kill to be in our position.

It’s not just administration though. Our fans aren’t obsessed enough to fund the kind of NIL war chest needed to be at the next level.

It’s not just administration though. Our fans aren’t obsessed enough to fund the kind of NIL war chest needed to be at the next level.
Agreed. While recent past performance doesn't display this it will inevitably be seen at nebraska.

* I lived there for more than 15 years

Football is a fun thing for Iowan's to do on a Saturday and we win enough for it to be a good excuse for a vacation in late December.

In Nebraska, the game dictates your week. It's iowa vs iowa state every week.

Which is why it kills them we beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT