ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the best 90s one hit wonder song?

See with the alternative stuff I feel bad calling them one hit wonders, since bands with one big song still have plenty of listeners to their other stuff.

Song 2 by Blur, Epic by Faith No More, In the Meantime by Spacehog, Feel the Pain by Dinosaur Jr., Bound for the Floor by Local H, etc. They’re all the only Lithium 100 singles from good bands.

Are you considering Wonderwall or Champaign Supernova their one hit? Because everyone knows both songs. And I'd say Live Forever and Dont Look Back in Anger are also well known, to a lesser extent.
Supernova. There are more examples of bands that had a couple hits but still the band is considered to be a one hit wonder. I consider Oasis as one of those bands. They never put together a complete album and are mostly forgettable as a band imo.

Reactions: Moral and DPUboiler
Supernova. There are more examples of bands that had a couple hits but still the band is considered to be a one hit wonder. I consider Oasis as one of those bands. They never put together a complete album and are mostly forgettable as a band imo.
conor-mc-gregor-who-the-fook-is-that-guy.gif

This a good one. Definitely a one hit wonder. And I would not be surprised to know that Amish Paradise has more listens all time than Gangstas Paradise. Coolio was pissed as shit that Weird Al parodied his song. I guess Coolio had no rights to the song to stop it…..Weird Al apologized like a gentleman btw.

See with the alternative stuff I feel bad calling them one hit wonders, since bands with one big song still have plenty of listeners to their other stuff.

Song 2 by Blur, Epic by Faith No More, In the Meantime by Spacehog, Feel the Pain by Dinosaur Jr., Bound for the Floor by Local H, etc. They’re all the only Lithium 100 singles from good bands.
Could probably throw Popular by Nada Surf in that list too. I love 90’s stuff. So many great songs.

Reactions: win4jj and mnole03

Wonderwall was #8 in the US and they had 6 top 50 radio songs.

And they were even bigger in the UK.

I get what you’re saying, a lot of bands had a second fringe song that charted b/c of their first, but that wasn’t Oasis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT