ADVERTISEMENT

What’s Wrong with Governor Reynolds?

100% false

West Hancock school district will lose the money from 5 students. That’s from one family in the district that sends their kids to a Clear Lake christen school. There’s at least one other family in that district that sends their kids to the same school but I’m unsure of how many kids they have.
How do you know there aren't 10 others moving in to the district?

• Haha
Reactions: mjtommy
How do you know there aren't 10 others moving in to the district?
Even if there were 10 others moving to this area the school district is still out money from money from the ones who are going to a Christian school in Clear Lake. Plus the only people moving in that area are the one’s moving east of Britt and west of Kanawha. Into the cemeteries.

On second thought, there is one family that moved to the area in the last year that I can think of. Their son goes to Newman Catholic in Mason City.

Well actually, it's right that most Iowans don't want public school vouchers. Google any recent poll from 2022 and 2023 and you'll find that. Multiple Des Moines register Iowa opinion polls, the Iowa special interest poll, just Google it and you can see it. You're wrong, because most Iowans absolutely do not want school vouchers. Because they are intelligent enough to understand what it'll do to their small schools.
If people were that passionate about it, they should have went to the vote her out. We should not be in the business of subsidizing small schools just for the sake of holding on to the past. Some of these schools that you are trumpeting shouldn't be operating to begin with.

Reactions: Rifler
You do know that the MAJORITY of farms are NOT corporations right?

I'm talking like less than 15%.

The majority of farming are done by Farmer Joes who are a sole proprietors.

Also, you might be shocked and not want to believe it, but many of them are paying a lot of taxes.
Having said that, the latest deal with removing funding for sensors is complete horseshit, as farmers and the chemical companies are huge environmental offenders. My dad and I go the rounds over how he farms.

And the problem will not be solved! Meanwhile, she is wrecking her revenge on tge state’s largest school district… her vindictiveness is unquestioned here.
Just waiting for her to pressure Des Moines school board into hiring some unqualified dipshit.

This is what gives me hope that Iowa isn't completely irreparably ****ed.

If high school kids wore MAGA or other conservative themed shirts for a picture with a Dem governor is it possible you'd be decrying the disrespect and lack of decorum?

If high school kids wore MAGA or other conservative themed shirts for a picture with a Dem governor is it possible you'd be decrying the disrespect and lack of decorum?
If the democrat governor was as big of a piece of shit as Kim is, I'd love it.

The truth is that I really respect high school kids that are willing to voice their opinions and stand up for what they believe in. I respect any one that is willing to be different, to stand out, to be who they are rather than trying to fit in. So as much as I despise the ideology, I'd be at least a little amused by them wearing a MAGA shirt in a picture with a democrat.

Even if they're misinformed?
I respect kids that are willing to go against the flow and to be an individual and not just try to fit in. So I would be amused by a kid in a MAGA shirt with a democrat governor even if I would view the kid as being misinformed.

This is what gives me hope that Iowa isn't completely irreparably ****ed.
Pretty close though. I guess it's what a majority of Iowans think they want but we now have some of the vilest right wingers in America running the state. And our new Attorney General! good god.

(edit to add) On reflection, it's looking pretty irreparable to me at this point. Almost makes me grateful that I'm old enough that I might not have to watch this shit much longer.

Last edited:
I'm really close to saying literally ANYONE would be better. I'm sure we could come up with one example of someone who would be worse but not very many.
Are you saying you would bow before me as your Governor, rather than living to see another day with Kim?............. :D

Sadly, I'm open to trying it out to see if I'm wrong.
mr-burns-excellent.gif

• Haha
Reactions: hawkbirch
Well actually, it's right that most Iowans don't want public school vouchers. Google any recent poll from 2022 and 2023 and you'll find that. Multiple Des Moines register Iowa opinion polls, the Iowa special interest poll, just Google it and you can see it. You're wrong, because most Iowans absolutely do not want school vouchers. Because they are intelligent enough to understand what it'll do to their small schools.
But not intelligent enough to realize that a no vote for Kim would have ended the vouchers.

Reactions: sabula
Today she addressed high school senior scholars from across Iowa and congratulated them on their unmatched creativity and ability “to stink big, aim high and take risks”….
It is right there to hear guys…..check out tonight’s WHO TV 10pm News cast….,
My question is as Reynolds ages, have her years of alcohol addiction finally caught up with her? Or……does she, like our President, have a speech impediment (which she has not admitted) or is this just “early onset Alzheimer’s”? Her obvious diminishing cognitive ability should be a concern to all loyal Iowans. ;)
I am sure our resident Biden critic and Reynolds staffer, Hawkedoff will have the answer to this question.
What's wrong? Her eyebrows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT