ADVERTISEMENT

What is mankind’s craziest historical event?

While he is correct by a mile, it still was a fabrication.
The better answer would probably be the time after Jesus died where stories were created to fit a narrative that even the authors did not ageee on. Like who and how many saw Jesus.

No, it was not a fabrication.

Jesus's Apostles all were radically transformed from doubters to believers after Jesus's crucifixion because they saw him alive for 40 days because Jesus actually resurrected from the dead. All but one of the Apostles were eventually brutally murdered for their belief in Jesus's resurrection.

Why would they lie? They had nothing to gain and everything to lose. If it was a fabrication or conspiracy, it would have been quickly exposed.

Here's more info:

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/historical-evidence-for-the-resurrection

By continuing to spew your atheist jibberish, you are rejecting the possibility of going to Heaven. I hope you change your ways, @Bulldogs1974 because Jesus Christ is the real deal.

David koreshes followers would write the same things about him 10-20-30 years after the fact too. It’s amazing how stories can change over time. Keep in mind many of the stories did differ.
We have people that believe the Holocaust never happened.

David koreshes followers would write the same things about him 10-20-30 years after the fact too. It’s amazing how stories can change over time. Keep in mind many of the stories did differ.
We have people that believe the Holocaust never happened.

David Koresh? LOL. That's a terrible comparison. His followers later told that he was abusing people.

Read this article and do some study with an open mind. Stop being a liberal atheist for a moment. The fact that some of the stories differed (in minor ways) is more evidence that the resurrection was true; if it was a fabrication, all of the stories would have been exactly the same.

The Resurrection is the best explanation we have for the empty tomb, the disappearance of Jesus's body, the sudden belief of the Apostles and the resurrection eye witnesses.

None of the other explanations make any sense.

Last edited:
anigif_sub-buzz-31482-1466793441-2.gif

Probably this.

Reactions: unIowa
The better answer would probably be the time after Jesus died where stories were created to fit a narrative that even the authors did not ageee on. Like who and how many saw Jesus.
not to mention, the failure to make the most of the message, or what the "story" of Christ's whole existence actually tried to emphasize, and doing all we can as individuals to replicate the selflessness he embodied. Instead, they turned it into a reward system that hands-out favorable treatment... after you die... if you do what the people who run the church tell you to do. And, making it impossible to be "worthy" in this life.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I have to second Jesus Christ’s resurrection. Everything else is child’s play in comparison. Defeat death, save all of humanity? Not bad for one day’s work.

For us mortals, I’ll go with the JFK assassination. The world changed after that.

Magna Carta, Spanish Inquisition, Assasination of Ferdinand to start WWI, Pearl Harbor, September 11th, Stock Market crash in 1929/Black Friday....and the day Slick Willy said “I did not have sexual relations with that woman.!”
Yeah, He saved all of humanity from ........ Himself.

The Mongol Invasions from 1200-1400 were pretty unreal.

Supposedly over that timeframe the Mongols killed between 50-70million people and amassed the largest land empire ever. They were a violent folk.
Dan Carlin and Hardcore History did a great series on the Mongol invasion. It is a crazy good.

How do you know it was a fabrication? Were you there?

When humans achieved consciousness. Going from largely independent hunter gatherers to a civilization. Big discoveries like the computer, invention of writing, fire, the wheel, steam engine, etc.
To add to your invention list, I would suggest the telescope and microscope for scientific exploration. I saw a show the other night and learned that it wasn't until the 1920's that man learned there were other galaxies beyond the Milky Way. Edwin Hubble, the namesake of the Hubble Telescope discovered this.

The discovery that earth is a spheroid rotating around the sun, and that our universe is not the ancient 3-tiered model.

David Koresh? LOL. That's a terrible comparison. His followers later told that he was abusing people.

Read this article and do some study with an open mind. Stop being a liberal atheist for a moment. The fact that some of the stories differed (in minor ways) is more evidence that the resurrection was true; if it was a fabrication, all of the stories would have been exactly the same.

The Resurrection is the best explanation we have for the empty tomb, the disappearance of Jesus's body, the sudden belief of the Apostles and the resurrection eye witnesses.

None of the other explanations make any sense.
It comes down to faith. Either side can produce a fairly convincing argument for and against the resurrection. You either choose to believe or not. I’ve struggled with this myself, but as a Christian I have chosen to believe and put my faith in Christ.

Jesus Christ has the most well document life in history. His resurrection and ongoing impact takes an open mind and a little faith.

Reactions: BrianNole09

Thanks for sharing that link - I had never seen it. I am surprised, however, that it makes no mention of the Roman soldiers that were supposed to be guarding the tomb. Maybe I don't understand the history well enough, but I always thought that if the Romans put soldiers at the entrance to the tomb, it spoke volumes that the body wasn't there. Keep in mind, the vested interests at the time had ever motivation to suppress Christianity and wouldn't have accepted bribes, etc to simply walk off the job.

The problem is when was this documentation done??
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all witnessed almost all of Jesus 3 years of ministry. Even Saul ( Paul) met Jesus and wrote much his conversion and experiences.The fact that it was many years before their accounts got written down and The New Testament was canonized centuries later had more due to the poor and lengthy conversion from papyrus leaves to modern word processing.

Would it be WW2, enlightenment era, industrial revolution, space race, constitutions giving rights, etc...

Idk, this one is a tough one to answer. I might have to go space race
Come on libtards and snowflakes, you know you want to say it. Trump winning the 2016 election. Too easy.

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all witnessed almost all of Jesus 3 years of ministry. Even Saul ( Paul) met Jesus and wrote much his conversion and experiences.The fact that it was many years before their accounts got written down and The New Testament was canonized centuries later had more due to the poor and lengthy conversion from papyrus leaves to modern word processing.
The Romans left pretty good records on an almost daily basis about what was going on during that time. Why no mention of this from them? The point I'm trying to make is his life and death was not recorded until many, many years after the fact.

The Romans left pretty good records on an almost daily basis about what was going on during that time. Why no mention of this from them? The point I'm trying to make is his life and death was not recorded until many, many years after the fact.

The Gospels were written 30-70 years after Jesus died. That's not a long time compared to other ancient histories.

Alexander the Great's first biography was written at least 300 years after his death, for example. Yet no one questions it's accuracy.

Ask yourself why Jesus wasn’t born somewhere else? Why was it in an area that already had tales of all the things Jesus did before he was ever born? Why do they parallel pagan traditions so much?

The Gospels were written 30-70 years after Jesus died. That's not a long time compared to other ancient histories.

Alexander the Great's first biography was written at least 300 years after his death, for example. Yet no one questions it's accuracy.
Are you suggesting that nothing was recorded of Alexander the Great until 300 years after his death?

That is a long time. You can even get eye witnesses to testify to the same thing the next day let alone 30-70 years later. ( speaking of which what was the average life expectancy of a person back then?)
No one is claiming Alexander the Great is god.

That is a long time. You can even get eye witnesses to testify to the same thing the next day let alone 30-70 years later. ( speaking of which what was the average life expectancy of a person back then?)
No one is claiming Alexander the Great is god.
Most scholars agree that done of the Gospels were written by eye witnesses

Are you suggesting that nothing was recorded of Alexander the Great until 300 years after his death?

Plenty of things were written about Jesus before the gospels.

As to the Romans keeping excellent records, I don't know on that. I won't claim to be informed here as I'm simply not. But I would say that they had ZERO reason to legitimize Jesus / Christianity. So I doubt they wanted to keep a lot of records that said "here's this man that appears to be harmless, and in fact runs around with sinners preaching parables about they can be redeemed, so let's be sure to wipe him out as early as we possibly can."

Great Molasses Flood. Other events are far more historical. But for straight up craziness, nothing beats a 15 foot high wall of syrup destroying an entire town.

I had to look this Huey, and I'm glad I did. Just incredible.

Thanks for the education.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
The day our ancestors picked up a stick and said I am going to fashion this into something.

I'm going with Atilla The Hun's meeting with the Pope that caused him to turn around his army and save the Roman Empire.

The Gospels have been dated to have been written starting as early as ten years after Christ’s resurrection and we’re completed within a generation. When you think about modern day biographies about famous people that are written sometimes 100+ years later this does not seem so outrageous.

The Gospels have been dated to have been written starting as early as ten years after Christ’s resurrection and we’re completed within a generation. When you think about modern day biographies about famous people that are written sometimes 100+ years later this does not seem so outrageous.
Link?

There's a big difference. Today those biographies written after someone's death are filled with documentation about their life taken in real time to more accurately summarize what happened. Whether it be hand written letters, voice recordings, video tape, pictures, etc. More people than ever in the last 100-200 years could read and write so much of the happenings in the world were dictated as it was going on. It paints a better overall picture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT