ADVERTISEMENT

What is mankind’s craziest historical event?

And this thread has gone exactly how I imagined. Like I said earlier, both sides can produce compelling arguments with the information we have available to us today. In the end, nobody is changing their mind. Carry on HROT.
You can't make a logical case for a miracle.

craziest event , easy . Dropping the Atomic Bomb .
Oh and Strum... I know you're commenting here and I just want you to know that you're on my ignore list and I'll never read your retarded posts.
The All Father Odin scoffs at Your Christ God

Wrong, brah.

St. Peter (the first Pope) was the source for the Gospel of Mark.
That’s a theory that isn’t supported by the evidence. Admit you know next to nothing about the authors of the gospels. Stop making up stories to make your faith seem more plausible.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
That’s a theory that isn’t supported by the evidence. Admit you know next to nothing about the authors of the gospels. Stop making up stories to make your faith seem more plausible.

giphy.gif

Take that biblical studies class. You don’t represent the consensus on the topic. Why do you feel the need to over sell? The factual truth isn’t enough for you for some reason.

Why are you insulting my salesmanship?

I'm trying to save souls here. It's not like I'm selling toasters.

Take that biblical studies class. You don’t represent the consensus on the topic. Why do you feel the need to over sell? The factual truth isn’t enough for you for some reason.
He lacks the faith. That's the punchline of all of this. That's why he bullshits himself- and peddles it here- that this faith-based belief is also historical fact. And, all of it is to avoid some fictional fire pit post-mortem.

He lacks the faith. That's the punchline of all of this. That's why he bullshits himself- and peddles it here- that this faith-based belief is also historical fact. And, all of it is to avoid some fictional fire pit post-mortem.
If life is God's greatest gift, he has a sick mind snuffing it out so often.

If life is God's greatest gift, he has a sick mind snuffing it out so often.
Well, recognizing, referring to, and acknowledging God as a "he" is probably the most frequent glitch in that path. I've never totally understood why humans make sure God is human, too... and, ONLY human... so wired to me.

Why are you insulting my salesmanship?

I'm trying to save souls here. It's not like I'm selling toasters.
You would have more credibility if you stuck to the facts. Inventing a better backstory is really just bearing false witness. Don’t sin just to sound better on HROT.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
This makes a lot of sense to me.

Well, recognizing, referring to, and acknowledging God as a "he" is probably the most frequent glitch in that path. I've never totally understood why humans make sure God is human, too... and, ONLY human... so wired to me.
In Mormonism, Jesus was a regular human who got elevated by being such a good Mormon on another planet. And if you are a good Mormon, you could get elevated to godhood too with your own planet.

In Mormonism, Jesus was a regular human who got elevated by being such a good Mormon on another planet. And if you are a good Mormon, you could get elevated to godhood too with your own planet.

Have you ever read the Book of Mormon?

Spoiler Alert: It's insane.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I am. We think your reliance on invented evidence shows a lack of faith.

The Gospels are historically reliable, but, they are just a part of the reason for my faith; near-death experiences, miracles, the Shroud of Turin and the logic of belief and illogic of atheism (a sort of version of Pascal's Wager) plus my own spiritual experience.

If ONE of those is true, then you and your boy Strum are in deep doo-doo.

The Gospels are historically reliable, but, they are just a part of the reason for my faith; near-death experiences, miracles, the Shroud of Turin and the logic of belief and illogic of atheism (a sort of version of Pascal's Wager)

If ONE of those is true, then you and your boy Strum are in deep doo-doo.
They are not historically reliable. Stop making up claims to non-existing evidence. They are historically in error multiple times.

Oh, yes. I'm very familiar with Mormonism, too. I've had several crash-courses from individuals, and I have read a lot of the BOMLDS.

Elohim, The Godhead, Jehovah, the Trinity is 3 separate things... fun stuff.

Brian, of course has dubbed Mormonism as totally insane, when it's not that much different from Christianity or any other religion.

I believe that minor details could be in error, for sure, but the most important event, Jesus resurrecting from the dead, is a historical fact.

https://crossexamined.org/10-reasons-accept-resurrection-jesus-historical-fact/

Even my Jewish peeps admitted that Jesus resurrected from the dead, they just believe he did it through magic, which was bad.
If the factual details are in error, it’s not historically reliable. And the resurrection mythology isn’t a historical fact either. Stick to faith.

If the factual details are in error, it’s not historically reliable. And the resurrection mythology isn’t a historical fact either. Stick to faith.

Wrong.

Check out this video by N.T. Wright, a genius scholar of the New Testament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT