ADVERTISEMENT

What is mankind’s craziest historical event?

Wrong about what? When your facts are wrong, you’re not reliable. That’s axiomatic.

Wrong about the resurrection.

It's the best explanation for the empty tomb and the Apostles sudden belief. Every other explanation fails.

Wrong about the resurrection.

It's the best explanation for the empty tomb and the Apostles sudden belief. Every other explanation fails.
Even if it is the best, it’s not history. History deals with facts. The resurrection is a magical belief. It’s not an event supported by historical evidence.

Wrong about what? When your facts are wrong, you’re not reliable. That’s axiomatic.
Did you watch that video? It was an English-accent, old, bald Brian saying "Jesus rose from the dead because his followers said they saw him rise from the dead."

Even if it is the best, it’s not history. History deals with facts. The resurrection is a magical belief. It’s not an event supported by historical evidence.

Incorrect. The resurrection was a miracle which was supported by the historical facts.

The historical facts point to Jesus's resurrection.

Did you watch that video? It was an English-accent, old, bald Brian saying "Jesus rose from the dead because his followers said they saw him rise from the dead."
No, the theory of the resurrection is beside the point. I wanted to establish that the historical details in the gospels are not reliable. Brian has now admitted that. The miraculous details of the story live outside of history and aren’t relevant to that point.

No, the theory of the resurrection is beside the point. I wanted to establish that the historical details in the gospels are not reliable. Brian has now admitted that. The miraculous details of the story live outside of history and aren’t relevant to that point.

Some minor historical details in the Gospels are different, but that goes with most other historical documents. You are literally proving nothing with this claim.

Some minor historical details in the Gospels are different, but that goes with most other historical documents. You are literally proving nothing with this claim.
I’m pointing out it not a history book. A knowledgeable and honest Christian would agree with that. Your inability to do so speaks volumes about the state of your faith.

The DSS contain no mention of Jesus. Your need to over sell is telling.

You are aware (of course you are) of the fascinating similarities in the messianic text found in the scrolls that link the Old and New despite the fact the writers of the Gospels could not have been around to see/hear of such writings. Peculiar no? I’m sure you will say of course not and that’s ok. No sense debating the undebatable with you.

Reactions: BrianNole09
You are aware (of course you are) of the fascinating similarities in the messianic text found in the scrolls that link the Old and New despite the fact the writers of the Gospels could not have been around to see/hear of such writings. Peculiar no? I’m sure you will say of course not and that’s ok. No sense debating the undebatable with you.
The passage was written before the gospels so the writers could have written to the text, not that the text is dispositive on the matter. You and Brian have the same problem with faith, you don’t trust it. Neither do I.

The passage was written before the gospels so the writers could have written to the text, not that the text is dispositive on the matter. You and Brian have the same problem with faith, you don’t trust it. Neither do I.

Hard for them to write to the text when they had no access to it. Yet it matches, in order with one strange omission, the resurrection. Fascinating and brilliant yes! I trust my faith. The evidence is more than compelling.

I know you don’t believe and my hope is one day your heart is compelled to see the hope and love that Christ brings us.

I don't trust blind faith which is faith without any evidence.

Faith in Jesus is not blind faith.

I don't trust blind faith which is faith without any evidence.

Faith in Jesus is not blind faith.
bible says you should pray to God alone and no idols ect ect but the Catholic church prays to Mother Mary , a Pope who is suppose to be Gods voice ( I thought that was the Holy Ghosts job) has Priests hear confessions and give actions to erase sins ( bible says only God can do that) . I am skeptical of anything or anyone who practices the Catholic faith. I find it rather arrogant to claim it is the only true religion when over the course of mankind there have been so many religions practiced . I could easily say Jesus was just the fore father of todays modern hippies and had better weed than the Romans.

bible says you should pray to God alone and no idols ect ect but the Catholic church prays to Mother Mary , a Pope who is suppose to be Gods voice ( I thought that was the Holy Ghosts job) has Priests hear confessions and give actions to erase sins ( bible says only God can do that) . I am skeptical of anything or anyone who practices the Catholic faith. I find it rather arrogant to claim it is the only true religion when over the course of mankind there have been so many religions practiced . I could easily say Jesus was just the fore father of todays modern hippies and had better weed than the Romans.

Yeah, those are all common misconceptions and errors that are easily disproved by Scripture.

First, Catholics believe, based on Scripture, that Jesus established the Catholic Church and made Peter the first Pope so he could continue His (Jesus) message into the world.

https://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/PETPOPE.HTM

The Catholic Church asks Mary for her prayers, which is also biblical. It's the same as me asking for you to pray for me, although Mary and the Saints prayers are more powerful because they're in Heaven.

https://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/maryc4.htm

Priests forgive sins because Jesus gave his Apostles the ability to forgive sins.

https://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/confession_of_sin_to_a_priest.htm

It's all based on Jesus.

I have no issue with other denominations, as long as they stay loyal to Jesus and his message. I also like all religions, generally speaking.

Religious strife is of the devil, IMO.

I have no issue with other denominations, as long as they stay loyal to Jesus and his message. I also like all religions, generally speaking.

giphy.gif

You guys are like the fat girls in the popular girls group that think they are top shit and spew negativity towards everything and everyone to be “cool”. They just bring the whole positive vibe down and ruin everything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT