ADVERTISEMENT

What is mankind’s craziest historical event?

BrunoMars420

HB Legend
Feb 14, 2016
Would it be WW2, enlightenment era, industrial revolution, space race, constitutions giving rights, etc...

Idk, this one is a tough one to answer. I might have to go space race

The Mongol Invasions from 1200-1400 were pretty unreal.

Supposedly over that timeframe the Mongols killed between 50-70million people and amassed the largest land empire ever. They were a violent folk.

The Mongol Invasions from 1200-1400 were pretty unreal.

Supposedly over that timeframe the Mongols killed between 50-70million people and amassed the largest land empire ever. They were a violent folk.
Was it larger than the British empire at it's peak?

November 18, 1982. The day will live in infamy.
Actually, you are off by two days. The game was played on November 20th, and I was sitting in the South Endzone behind the goalposts and the play unfolded before my eyes. I had a perfect view of the side to side game action.

What a play and what a day!!

Last edited:
The creation on Casey's Breakfast Pizza
Screen-Shot-2015-02-06-at-8.18.39-AM-300x190.png

Define “crazy”

That's what I was thinking. A great achievement was the invention of the printing press which permitted knowledge, news, information to be widely disseminated (to people who could read).

A mind-blowing achievement was a single bomb that could wipe out a city.

I have to second Jesus Christ’s resurrection. Everything else is child’s play in comparison. Defeat death, save all of humanity? Not bad for one day’s work.

For us mortals, I’ll go with the JFK assassination. The world changed after that.

Magna Carta, Spanish Inquisition, Assasination of Ferdinand to start WWI, Pearl Harbor, September 11th, Stock Market crash in 1929/Black Friday....and the day Slick Willy said “I did not have sexual relations with that woman.!”

Reactions: TNHAWK79
Jesus resurrecting from the dead which was witnessed by hundreds of people.

It showed humans the way to eternal life.

Nothing else even comes close, IMO.
Sure. Because you heard it from a guy, who heard it from a guy, who heard it from a guy. Sounds bout right.

When humans achieved consciousness. Going from largely independent hunter gatherers to a civilization. Big discoveries like the computer, invention of writing, fire, the wheel, steam engine, etc.
The domestication of crops. None of the other hallmarks of civilization (for better or worse) occurs without this step.

Like I said, the space race had to have the biggest impact on society due to the technologies that have come from it. Without this historical event The world would be such a different place then it is now.

The American revolution is probably next on my list as it gave way to other republics and democracies around the world and gave power to the people.

If we want to go way back then it would have to be when started the domestication of animals for our use.

Jesus's resurrection had the biggest impact on mankind, even from a secular standpoint.

No question.
While he is correct by a mile, it still was a fabrication.
The better answer would probably be the time after Jesus died where stories were created to fit a narrative that even the authors did not ageee on. Like who and how many saw Jesus.

Reactions: naturalmwa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT