ADVERTISEMENT

What kind of dumb **** would try to smuggle booze into Qatar for the World Cup?

Not even close. WC in Qatar takes that prize hands down
You can break it down into multiple layers of dumbassery.
1. Soccer in the desert.
2. No booze.
3. Not exactly a hotbed of soccer to begin with.
4. Had to kill all those foreign workers to build the stadiums that will never be used again.
5. Not as general restrictive as some other Muslim nations, but...

You can break it down into multiple layers of dumbassery.
1. Soccer in the desert.
2. No booze.
3. Not exactly a hotbed of soccer to begin with.
4. Had to kill all those foreign workers to build the stadiums that will never be used again.
5. Not as general restrictive as some other Muslim nations, but...
Qatar sux…

If you want to put it in the gulf UAE would have been a much better choice…maybe Bahrain. You can drink in both

Qatar had to seriously grease some wheels to get this

Christian Bale Nodding GIF

FIFA is the most corrupt organization in the world. Fvcking criminal they allowed Qatar to keep the WC after it was PROVEN they bribed FIFA to get it. JFC
Listen to the Lords of Soccer podcast. It’s disgusting. Only the Olympic Committee is more corrupt

Reactions: lucas80
Listen to the Lords of Soccer podcast. It’s disgusting. Only the Olympic Committee is more corrupt
Im a casual fan at best. Got a couple buddies who are huge United fans. I’ll watch with em at the bar, but I don’t follow soccer really. But yeah, it’s ridiculous the corruption.

The good news is that in 2026 you can get drunk AF in the good "ol USA for some matches, and the final, if I recall correctly.

It’s well know they did, and FIFA let it happen anyway. They literally have blood on their hands. It’s fvcking disgusting.
Ultimately it is a private organization so they can decide these things however the f**k they want, but it is complete BS. It has certainly reduced the influence of FIFA, as much as it had in the first place. But, since FIFA is supposed to have very little to do with actual governments (yes, some country's governments do take an active role in it, but not like the Olympics) there isn't much that can be done about it and people and players really like the World Cup. One could hope a competitor group arises, but it won't and even if it did and it became more successful the same problems that plague FIFA would plague the new system. We just can't have nice things.

Just two days before the start of the tournament, World Cup officials have reversed their decision and announced there will be no alcohol sales in the stadiums.

My favorite part of this story was the FIFA official emphasizing that you’ll still be able to buy non-alcoholic beer. This might very well trigger rioting.

Link

Slave labor is ok but alcohol is not? That’s a comment on the host country, the participants, and any dope that watches this

So Allah is okay with alcohol as long as you buy it from officially licensed vendors?

It is like their position on abortion, infidels good , Muslim punishable by death.

Every organized religion has their premium packages, where you can upgrade your membership to a lower standard of expectations if you’ve got the cash or status. You should see what the Platinum level gets you!

Just two days before the start of the tournament, World Cup officials have reversed their decision and announced there will be no alcohol sales in the stadiums.

My favorite part of this story was the FIFA official emphasizing that you’ll still be able to buy non-alcoholic beer. This might very well trigger rioting.

Link
Yah, no way it was just now decided. There would have to be a sheet ton of beer on hand prior to the start...

Link
More info (probably in your link):

Good luck to Inbev trying to sue to recoup their losses... "InBev has paid FIFA millions of dollars for exclusive rights to sell Budweiser at the World Cup."

Bloomberg News reports:

The organizers behind the World Cup in Qatar have banned the sale of alcohol within the stadiums, dramatically reversing a decision to allow Anheuser-Busch InBev NV to sell Budweiser beer.
The decision will likely result in moving concession stands serving alcohol even further away from the stadiums. The tournament, typically the world’s largest sporting event and a decade in the planning, kicks off Sunday with the hosts taking on Ecuador.
The move to ban alcohol sales outside stadiums is an about-face from Qatar’s previous position. InBev has paid FIFA millions of dollars for exclusive rights to sell Budweiser at the World Cup.

Link
How many FIFA dudes actually got a bribe?
Just wanting to juxtaposition that with the number of dead, and now thirsty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT