ADVERTISEMENT

What kind of dumb **** would try to smuggle booze into Qatar for the World Cup?

Might be the worst site selection in the history of sports.
Well, there is no maybe about it, but the people doing the voting made quite a few dollars over this. I really wish the European professional leagues would have just told FIFA to stick it and denied releasing players to the World Cup. They should have said, "If you want to risk the health of our multi-million dollar players you can do it on our schedule". The only league that would have players available would be MLS.

Well, there is no maybe about it, but the people doing the voting made quite a few dollars over this. I really wish the European professional leagues would have just told FIFA to stick it and denied releasing players to the World Cup. They should have said, "If you want to risk the health of our multi-million dollar players you can do it on our schedule". The only league that would have players available would be MLS.
Slight correction to add…

Australia’s A-League
Japan’s J-League
Korea’s K-League
Sweden’s Allsvenskan
Norway’s Eliteserien
China’s Super-League

…and a number of smaller cold weather climate countries in the Northern Hemisphere. But yeah, MLS would be the only one with a significant amount of World Cup players (37).

what are the chances they continue to restrict booze sales as the tournament goes on....first its not in the stadiums....I bet eventually it creeps into the restaurants and those cruise ships they have over there acting as hotels.

I watched the documentary on Netflix about the FIFA corruption...good lord...they should all be in jail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT