ADVERTISEMENT

What was everyone’s favorite Christmas Present

When I was 9 I got a Bears football helmet. And I still have it. I repainted it and got new stickers for it about 20 years ago.

Reactions: h-hawk
Atari 2600, then BB guns, until one year we got this:

01212_jX8FCW2ZTCe_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Reactions: Gimmered and h-hawk
Count me in as another SNES with 2 controllers and Super Mario Brothers box set. My dad worked nights, sometimes even he would play it when he got home. I still remember occasionally waking up around 5am to the sound of Mario jumping and coins chiming.

When I was probably 5 or 6, I got a dinosaur play set. It came with probably 30 dinosaurs and had two plastic mountains with caves and bridges and a river between them.

Curious what everyone’s favorite Christmas gift they received as a kid. Having a little one now, I wonder what he is going to like and remember the most.

Mine was the Super Nintendo we got. My parents let my brother and I open it Christmas Eve. It’s the only time I remember screaming in excitement. We also got one of those tins of popcorn that had the three different flavors (caramel, cheese and plain. We were up all night playing, long enough anyway to eat all the caramel and regular popcorn.
Pellet gun, and bow and arrow. I don’t hunt and don’t own a real gun (and neither does anyone in my family), but those were so fun to play with in the woods around our house as a kid.

Pellet gun, and bow and arrow. I don’t hunt and don’t own a real gun (and neither does anyone in my family), but those were so fun to play with in the woods around our house as a kid.
When I was too young for a real archery set I received one of the kids toys with the rubber suction cups at the point. Not only did I take off the suction cups, I sharpened the wood shafts with a pencil sharpener:) We loved shooting the arrows almost straight up and watching them stick in the ground.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT