ADVERTISEMENT

What's the worst experience you've ever had with a Karen?

I served at a restaurant in college.

44bb5320-824b-415c-96e4-08aa0d5732c3_text.gif

One time a buddy and I were up at Okoboji and we needed to stop at friggin Wal Mart. There was a handicap spot, which had a vehicle parked in it. We parked in the regular spot, next to it. After we got out an oldish lady (probably in her 60's) pulled up and started screaming at us because the normal spot NEXT to a handicap spot is supposed to be for older people (according to her). We laughed and just walked inside anyways. I can't remember everything she called us within like 30 seconds, but I do remember "little shits" was said quite a few times.

HOAs are the worst. Had one when I lived in MN during lawschool. Usually ends up being a meeting of people that need something to bitch about.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Had a parent / teacher meeting with the mother of a student. Student did zero work. Did bad on tests. Had a bad grade. Was the same for all of her teachers. She bullied a couple of them and then it got to me.

KAREN: “And you! My girl says you don’t like her and you’re failing her because of it.”

ME: “Ma’am, I like your daughter. But here’s the gradebook. She has no work in and has done poorly on tests.”

KAREN: “She said she turns her stuff in and you don’t give her credit. And she’s failing because you hate her.”

ME: “Ma’am, here’s the book. There’s your daughter’s name. Put whatever grade you want her to have and I’ll put it down. Seriously. And we can move on. Because that’s what you want. You don’t want her to learn. You don’t want he to be disciplined. You don’t care that she lies to you. You only want a world where you can tell people she gets good grades. I’m here to help. Give me the number you want. Because I don’t care and I have football practice. How about an 87? That way we don’t look like we are too greedy.”

Dead silence. Jaws open everywhere. My principal about shit himself. Told me to leave. He and every teacher there told that story for the next 10 years to anyone that would listen though. And her daughter failed.

One of my favorite moments in life.

Never had an issue with one. Then again I'm a tall and very handsome man that many adult human females find very attractive. One time I see one escalating with gas station attendant but I walk in and she says nevermind I was out of line and also I will pay for this attractive human male gas station order.

One time a buddy and I were up at Okoboji and we needed to stop at friggin Wal Mart. There was a handicap spot, which had a vehicle parked in it. We parked in the regular spot, next to it. After we got out an oldish lady (probably in her 60's) pulled up and started screaming at us because the normal spot NEXT to a handicap spot is supposed to be for older people (according to her). We laughed and just walked inside anyways. I can't remember everything she called us within like 30 seconds, but I do remember "little shits" was said quite a few times.
I'll kill her.

Never had an issue with one. Then again I'm a tall and very handsome man that many adult human females find very attractive. One time I see one escalating with gas station attendant but I walk in and she says nevermind I was out of line and also I will pay for this attractive human male gas station order.
How tall are you? "I just always pictured you were the same size as Spencer Lee" but just good at paint and not wrestling.

Someone a couple weeks ago told me that hokas were not a grandma shoe, but guess who the **** i saw walking slow AF out of a walmart, leaning on her cart, in some bright yello wand pink hokas.

I wore some Hokas for a little bit and all of the olds were asking for reviews of them. I felt like a celebrity.

I’m President of an HOA with 656 homes. I wouldn’t even know where to start…
Art, I've thought you were a good dude, like your contributions on the Wrestling Board, but I'm wondering about your sanity

@artradley did you do this because you didn't want anyone telling you what to do with your property, but once you got to the top you realized they are just telling you what to do with other people's property?

Seems like a Yertle The Turtle situation.

No, I did it because it’s a new community and the developer left our HOA in chaos. I got a good management company in place (fired the slime balls the developer hired), formed committees, got our finances in order (a Herculean task), and have been straightening up the rules that were cut&paste from other Associations and either conflict with each other, conflict with state law, or are just so sloppy they are unenforceable. I also stopped using an attorney for delinquent collections - who billed us tens of thousands of dollars every year while doing squat - and moved to a more efficient, less expensive, and kinder process.

Hopefully in one more year things will be organized and running smoothly, then I can step down. Because while those are the things I care about, I also have to chase kids out of the clubhouse, stare at security footage for hours to identify who broke a lamp, and listen to parents complain that their precious little delinquent shouldn’t be punished or complain that the lawn company blew grass into their flower beds.

Reactions: EasyHawk and Moral
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT