ADVERTISEMENT

Which one of you ...

This is where I have problem with organized religion. To think that folks 2000 years ago are more intelligent than what is proven factually now.

Organized religion can comment on things today like nuclear weapons that folks 2,000 years ago couldn't comprehend.

Your passages talk about consuming blood.

Drinking blood and eating flesh are far different from a transfusion. I hope you can realize that.
Of course. But again we’re talking principle here . This isn’t just an eating issue, it’s covering all uses of blood, including transfusions.
Here’s another way to look at it . Look at verse 21 in this scripture:
Galatians 5:19-21-Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, 20 idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom”

After listing specific behavior that would disqualify a person from the kingdom of God , it says THINGS LIKE THESE. So in other words the list is not exhaustive . Just be use a certain activity is not specifically listed here by Paul he said similar things . Same with this blood issue . The principle involved says that as well as not eating blood , a person would not do similiar things either with blood, including the use of blood for transfusions…

Anybody that doesn’t believe in celebrating Christmas or Easter isn’t a real religion in my book. Hell, birthdays either or Halloween. GTFOH with that shiat. Had those bastards come to our house as they had a place just down the road from us and we’d put stickers on the door saying we believed in the devil for them. Ha, ha, ha. Good times.

Genesis 9:4
Leviticus 17:10
Acts 15:28,29
Genesis 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Leviticus 17:10 10 And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.

Acts 15: 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

With due respect, your interpretations are severely flawed. They have no connection to blood transfusions, because blood transfusions were unknown at the time of writing. They appear to be more about eating from rituals, like a sacrifice.

Genesis 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Leviticus 17:10 10 And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.

Acts 15: 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

With due respect, your interpretations are severely flawed. They have no connection to blood transfusions, because blood transfusions were unknown at the time of writing. They appear to be more about eating from rituals, like a sacrifice.
I'm more concerned about that abstaining from fornication thing. My 20-year-old self says, "hell naw!"

Reactions: Finance85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT