ADVERTISEMENT

**White Sox 2020**

Nice! I'm good with it. Good defense, good framer, gets on base, proven winner, has some pop from left side, and will be a good leader for the youngsters. McCann was a minus runssaved defender and his 2nd half was brutal. Hes not a FT catcher for a good team but can be a spot DH now with Yasmani being on board.

Grandal was rated as the 5th top free agent
for this post season. Good catchers are rare.
So the White Sox really strengthened their team
with Grandal for both his defense and offense.
The White Sox are getting serious about being
a contender again.

As a White Sox fan who also likes the Brewers, its a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul. So will he DH, or does McCann move to DH? Which one is better defensively?

Signing makes no sense to me, but this is the Sox.

They wont even try for Cole. Wont give pitchers long contracts

Giolito
Kopech
Lopez
Cease
Need to add a dominant lefty to this group madbum cough cough
Id be fine with kuechel too
You guys should kick the tires on Jose Quintana. We’d take Jimenez off your hands.

Reactions: dgordo
Catcher was not a position of need. Get a 3B. Use the money for pitching. Seems a waste to me

This is a big upgrade at catcher. McCann had a great and lucky first half. He's a good player but only a one year deal, Grandal locks it down for a few.

Our best player on the team last year played 3B, that's a position of need in your mind?

McCann is an excellent defensive catcher, no upgrade there. I think for a team like the sox that doesnt like to spend the money could have been better used elsewhere.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
McCann is an excellent defensive catcher, no upgrade there. I think for a team like the sox that doesnt like to spend the money could have been better used elsewhere.

It was my understanding that he's poor in pitch framing. The best things I've read is his game calling and first half offensive numbers.

Catcher was not a position of need. Get a 3B. Use the money for pitching. Seems a waste to me

This is a big upgrade at catcher. McCann had a great and lucky first half. He's a good player but only a one year deal, Grandal locks it down for a few.

Our best player on the team last year played 3B, that's a position of need in your mind?

You guys are forgetting DH. I believe that I read it we had the worst batting production from DH of any team in the AL.

I think Robert starts the year in CF. Abreu is already taken care of for next year, Moncada had a really strong year at 3B. I’d like to see them add at least two SPs and then stock the bullpen.

3rd base??? Yoan Moncada ring a bell? The Sox could use an outfielder and some pitching. Really just need the Tommy john guys to be healthy and get robert/madrigal ready to come up. Oh and sign Abreu.

He isnt really a 3B. Move him to 2nd. Yolmer is utility guy for IF.

White Sox could be making the move to second behind the Twins this year. They need to get Abreu signed.
As a Twins fan I would be happy to see someone from that division knock the Yankees out of the playoffs. And since hell isn’t freezing over any time soon I guess it’s up to you guys. :(

You guys should kick the tires on Jose Quintana. We’d take Jimenez off your hands.
Yeah the Cubs do such a great job of trading such as Jorge Soler with his 48hr and 117rbi and Gleyber Torres 38hr and 90rbi for no one currently on the Cubs roster hell yes trade with them.

Wrong again, he was a better at 3rd base than 2nd. And we have a really good 2nd baseman coming in Madrigal.
What team are you a fan of?

Maybe he pans out. Maybe not.

The fact is the money could have been better spent. The need pitching. Counting on Kopech next year is a fools errand. Lopez is....well....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT