ADVERTISEMENT

**White Sox 2020**

As a White Sox fan who also likes the Brewers, its a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul. So will he DH, or does McCann move to DH? Which one is better defensively?
I'm a Dodgers fan too and we definitely missed having Grandal as the backstop last year. Glad he's back with my other team.

Maybe he pans out. Maybe not.

The fact is the money could have been better spent. The need pitching. Counting on Kopech next year is a fools errand. Lopez is....well....
I fully expect them to sign a quality starter. And a couple of bullpen guys. The White Sox are on the come and players know it.

Maybe he pans out. Maybe not.

The fact is the money could have been better spent. The need pitching. Counting on Kopech next year is a fools errand. Lopez is....well....
I get the fact you are trolling at this point but have they come out and said they are not planning on signing any pitching? Because I've been hearing the opposite from Hahn for a few months now.

interesting, hes probably really 35 but he still hits a ton.

With all the young (and Cuban) players that look up to him as a great clubhouse guy and leader to go along with his production I'm good with this. He might be 35 like you say but every team needs a glue guy, mentor ESPECIALLY with all the young talent the Sox have. Jose's intangibles are just what this team needs.

I fully expect them to sign a quality starter. And a couple of bullpen guys. The White Sox are on the come and players know it.

Why would you expect that? Maybe bullpen they will, but starters? That would be against their history.

He's right that this Sox organization hasn't traditionally signed any starting pitcher of note off free agency, at least that I can remember. Acquisitions like Shields, Peavy, Samardzija, were via trade.
Ok. I don't think they are going to try to sign Cole, but guys like Wheeler or Mad Bum are possibilities.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
I heard part of an interview with Grandal on the Score today, and I was struck by a comment that he made about how he gets up at 4 am to start his workouts in the offseason. That's some fire right there.

Yolmer Sanchez waived. This guy from Oregon St better be good. They waived a gold glover for him.

Cuban ballplayers are either 4 years younger than their agent says, or about 6 years older.
c15a6331-79b9-4198-8613-d916cb1b5633_text.gif

Yolmer Sanchez waived. This guy from Oregon St better be good. They waived a gold glover for him.
I was a little surprised by this one bc he is a nice utility player. But when you have the same number of Ks as hits, and your ops is in the low .600s, it isnt really doing much for the team to have you in the lineup. He'll probably go to the twins or As and become an all star.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Ben Zobrist is willing to sign with either the
St. Louis Cardinals or Chicago White Sox
for 2020. He said that he still has some gas
left in his tank. Then he farted at his news
conference.

Reactions: hawkssox1
Ben Zobrist is willing to sign with either the
St. Louis Cardinals or Chicago White Sox
for 2020. He said that he still has some gas
left in his tank. Then he farted at his news
conference.
Would love to see him with the Sox.

Eloy Jimenez is a bad outfielder

Yes, and if he was a poor hitter he wouldn't be a professional outfielder. Putting the ball in play, getting on base, driving in runs, that's an important part of winning games. Sometimes a player is so good at that, that it is acceptable to tolerate poorer defense. Sometimes a player is not so good at those things, to the point that it doesn't matter how well they play defense.

At this point, I can no longer tell if you do not understand this concept or if this subject is just like seemingly every other that you engage in: another opportunity to be a angry and bitter poster.

How do you Sox fans feel about Renteria? Is he the right guy as the Sox start to open their window on relevance? The Cubs canned him in favor of a more seasoned manager, do you think Ricky has what it takes?

Yes, and if he was a poor hitter he wouldn't be a professional outfielder. Putting the ball in play, getting on base, driving in runs, that's an important part of winning games. Sometimes a player is so good at that, that it is acceptable to tolerate poorer defense. Sometimes a player is not so good at those things, to the point that it doesn't matter how well they play defense.

At this point, I can no longer tell if you do not understand this concept or if this subject is just like seemingly every other that you engage in: another opportunity to be a angry and bitter poster.

Condescending much?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT