ADVERTISEMENT

**White Sox 2020**

How do you Sox fans feel about Renteria? Is he the right guy as the Sox start to open their window on relevance? The Cubs canned him in favor of a more seasoned manager, do you think Ricky has what it takes?

According to the stat geeks that seem to know all, managers dont matter much...like a win a season.

You can cut the BS about the wife of Zach
Wheeler wanting to stay in the east.

Zach had a chance to play for manager Joe
Girardi of the Phils. More money from the
White Sox to play for Renteria was a joke..

Bottom Line: Managers do make a difference
in where a player wants to go.

You can cut the BS about the wife of Zach
Wheeler wanting to stay in the east.

Zach had a chance to play for manager Joe
Girardi of the Phils. More money from the
White Sox to play for Renteria was a joke..

Bottom Line: Managers do make a difference
in where a player wants to go.
If you think its bs about the wife you are probably single or divorced.

Reactions: Tom Paris
On the bright side.... it wasn't because we weren't willing to pay:

Take that with a grain of salt. It seems like something the Sox would leak after losing out on a guy.
And, for the record I think the Sox dodged a blown elbow or shoulder here. Wheeler has missed a lot of time due to injuries. Major injuries. Let the Phillies roll the dice on him.

Take that with a grain of salt. It seems like something the Sox would leak after losing out on a guy.
And, for the record I think the Sox dodged a blown elbow or shoulder here. Wheeler has missed a lot of time due to injuries. Major injuries. Let the Phillies roll the dice on him.
Aren't you a Cubs fan?

It seemed like there were plenty of reasons to really like Wheeler, especially with some of the advanced pitching metrics. The injuries were certainly a concern, but I would have risked it.

The Sox need starting pitching help if they actually want to compete this year. They don't have a shot at Cole or Stras, so Wheeler felt like the best of the rest.

I'd be happy with Bumgarner, despite the milage on his arm. At least he's been a post season winner. Of course I'm not sure I've actually seen much to say the Sox are interested.

It seemed like there were plenty of reasons to really like Wheeler, especially with some of the advanced pitching metrics. The injuries were certainly a concern, but I would have risked it.

The Sox need starting pitching help if they actually want to compete this year. They don't have a shot at Cole or Stras, so Wheeler felt like the best of the rest.

I'd be happy with Bumgarner, despite the milage on his arm. At least he's been a post season winner. Of course I'm not sure I've actually seen much to say the Sox are interested.
Stoney is also a big Baumgarner fan.

Very good pick up for the Sox. It isn't a blockbuster, but he's a solid veteran for the back end of the rotation. Plus, he has organizational familiarity, and he will be reunited with Grandal, who he worked with in Milwaukee.

Reactions: Mattski
Very good pick up for the Sox. It isn't a blockbuster, but he's a solid veteran for the back end of the rotation. Plus, he has organizational familiarity, and he will be reunited with Grandal, who he worked with in Milwaukee.
That’s a great point about working with Grandal again. I’m really lukewarm on this signing. They still need to add another starter.

Great signing if it was in the context of him being the second addition to one of the big names...

The Cubs are the darlings of Chicago and
the White Sox have played second fiddle.

This Winter you get the feeling that the
White Sox are making a serious financial
commitment to improve their team.

For example signing Grandal as catcher will
be a big boost to the team. 4 years at $73
million is a commitment not to be taken lightly.

I'm guessing CWS mgmt sees Cleveland as throwing in the towel and that the Twins are the only obstacle. And given how pretty much everything went right for Minnesota last season, it's a good bet that not everyone for the Twins has another "career " year.

Reactions: win1forthe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT