Who’s your favorite guitarist?

For classic rock - probably Steve Howe
For the blues - probably BB King
For bluegrass - Tony Rice
For flamenco - Paco de Lucia
For jazz - Wes Montomery
All-arounder - John McGlaughlin or Glen Campbell

I can’t pick only one.

Jimi, Jerry Garcia, Trey Anastasio (phish), John McLaughlin (jazz fusion), Nels Cline (Wilco, solo avant garde stuff),

Recently, Mike McCready. On a good evening, I’ll spend about an hour or so in the basement trying my damndest to sound as close to him as I can.

Lots of other great names mentioned here. I’ve always thought that one of the most underrated guitarists was Alex Lifeson. At least it never seemed like he got the recognition I always felt he deserved.

• Love
Reactions: Fan In Black
Recently, Mike McCready. On a good evening, I’ll spend about an hour or so in the basement trying my damndest to sound as close to him as I can.

Lots of other great names mentioned here. I’ve always thought that one of the most underrated guitarists was Alex Lifeson. At least it never seemed like he got the recognition I always felt he deserved.
McRready might be the most underrated of all time because of the band he played in. I think the same of Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden.

Reactions: spiderland
JB Brubaker - August Burns red. Obviously bias considering they’re my favorite band but he can absolutely shred.

A few that I love who I have not seen mentioned:

Terry Kath
Jimmy Herring
Carlos Santana
Lindsey Buckingham
Jerry Reed

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT