ADVERTISEMENT

Who Is A Living Professional Athlete You Most Admire?

Marshawn Lynch.
Maya Moore
Sue Bird
Megan Rapinoe
Tamika Catchings
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf

And I'm with @Moral on his guy.

Reactions: Moral
Allyson Felix.
Olympic gold medals at 100m, 200m, and 400m. Not many people in history have done that.

These guys

black+pp.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-09-22-at-12.51.10-PM.png

Marshawn Lynch.
Maya Moore
Sue Bird
Megan Rapinoe
Tamika Catchings
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf

And I'm with @Moral on his guy.

I was just getting ready to say Maya Moore. I didn't know her story that well until she went on with Le Batard a couple of months ago, it really is remarkable what she is doing.

Hakeem Olajuwon - What he tried to do in making shoes affordable Back in the days for kids is commendable.

Most folks have a favorite professional athlete they
currently admire the most. This admiration could
be based on success on the playing field or perhaps
their strong work ethic and character.

Who do you admire the most?
Nolan Ryan

Lenny Dykstra or Aubrey Huff.

Ted Williams, last MLB'er to hit .400 and left baseball to serve in the military.

Warrick Dunn. Born the oldest male child to a single mother in Baton Rouge whose mom was a police officer killed off-duty while working a second job as a bank security officer. So essentially orphaned...but really worse than that, he was suddenly “the man of the house” only two days after his 18th birthday and had to take on the responsibility of raising his siblings.

He could easily have been another statistic about orphans leading into crime, but instead he dedicated himself to studies and football at FSU. Despite being short and slight of frame (his NFL stats list him as 5’9” and 187Lbs but I met him several times in person and am 5’11” and there’s no way he’s over 5’7” and maybe 160lbs in real life), he went on to become one of the best running backs ever for the Seminoles, Buccaneers and Falcons and even ended up with just shy of 11k yards rushing in the NFL and almost 4.5k receiving. That makes him 14th all time in the NFL for all-purpose yards. All while dealing with crushing depression that incapacitates most people.

Moreover, he didn’t just become a successful athlete and entrepreneur, he started a charity while still in the league which he has continued afterwards where he literally gives fully furnished homes to deserving single mothers and he has personally provided over 150 homes as of today (one of which Deshaun Watson grew up in).

Warrick Dunn. Born the oldest male child to a single mother in Baton Rouge whose mom was a police officer killed off-duty while working a second job as a bank security officer. So essentially orphaned...but really worse than that, he was suddenly “the man of the house” only two days after his 18th birthday and had to take on the responsibility of raising his siblings.

He could easily have been another statistic about orphans leading into crime, but instead he dedicated himself to studies and football at FSU. Despite being short and slight of frame (his NFL stats list him as 5’9” and 187Lbs but I met him several times in person and am 5’11” and there’s no way he’s over 5’7” and maybe 160lbs in real life), he went on to become one of the best running backs ever for the Seminoles, Buccaneers and Falcons and even ended up with just shy of 11k yards rushing in the NFL and almost 4.5k receiving. That makes him 14th all time in the NFL for all-purpose yards. All while dealing with crushing depression that incapacitates most people.

Moreover, he didn’t just become a successful athlete and entrepreneur, he started a charity while still in the league which he has continued afterwards where he literally gives fully furnished homes to deserving single mothers and he has personally provided over 150 homes as of today (one of which Deshaun Watson grew up in).
Great info thanks for sharing. Sorry that I misspelled his name.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
At the moment that guy who called that Luca (??) guy a beep beep white boy. I saw a video of him apparently apologizing to Luca (??) without the media or excuses and it all died and went away right there. Kudos to both those guys. I don’t care who you are...you gotta admire that.

Guy on the left.
Brian-Urlacher.jpg

"Ryno"
ct-ryan-sandberg-rejoins-cubs-20160114

Georges "Rush" St-Pierre
1012162434.jpg.0.jpg

Birdman.
Tony%20Hawk_mobile.jpg

Flash Gordon.
Jeff-Gordon-number-24-car-photo-credit-Getty-Images-for-NASCARmedia.jpg

Last edited:
I almost forgot.
Dennis-Rodman.jpeg

sipa_22043881.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg

Just kidding, but seriously at one time I really respected these guys.

Rodman for his intensity on the court and rebounding prowess, before he got all North Korea crazy.

Tyson because he was my generations Badass in the ring, before he started biting ears off. Plus Punch-Out was awesomeness for a young man. Those were good day's.

Allyson Felix.
Olympic gold medals at 100m, 200m, and 400m. Not many people in history have done that.
Saw her run when she was in high school. Some invitational thing in LA. Best friend’s dad is a T&F nut, went with him. It was awesome.

Saw her run when she was in high school. Some invitational thing in LA. Best friend’s dad is a T&F nut, went with him. It was awesome.
The way she runs is captivating. That long, powerful stride never falters. It's the same if she's running the 2nd leg of the 4x100 or the open quarter. Just incredible.
And for you animals:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT