ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the most evil person/criminal you have ever met?

Have you ever shaken someone’s hand, looked him/her in the eyes, and walked away thinking that person is pure evil? And then later it was proven true?

Have you ever had a relationship with someone who you found out later committed a heinous crime?

Do you have any good stories of meeting awful people?
I mean........where do you want me to begin? :cool:

I had a coworker who was one of the most lazy people I've worked with since I started my job 6 years ago. Management finally caught up with her being on the phone and just never really working then I read the next summer she was being charged with attempted murder in a botched robbery.

Reactions: ping72
I worked with the guy that likely murdered the owner of George's Buffet in Iowa City. Cops knew it but lacked the evidence. One of my old foremen killed his wife then himself in the early 70's. An excavation contractor I often worked with ran over and killed a bicyclist while drunk on his 8th OWI.

• Sad
Reactions: h-hawk
I worked with the guy that likely murdered the owner of George's Buffet in Iowa City. Cops knew it but lacked the evidence. One of my old foremen killed his wife then himself in the early 70's. An excavation contractor I often worked with ran over and killed a bicyclist while drunk on his 8th OWI.

Wowzers. Guessing the view of his jail cell is pretty cool.

The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

When I was young I worked with teenagers who had been adjudicated by the courts. Most of them were just kids who had difficult home lives and made bad choices out of desperation, lack of hope, or bad examples set for them. One though, was scary. He just carried and expressed himself in a way that made me very uncomfortable. I later saw him on the news as being charged with a violent sex crime and it didn't surprise me a bit.

Wowzers. Guessing the view of his jail cell is pretty cool.
I know he's out. Did 8 years of a 14 year manslaughter conviction, I believe...

From the Daily Iowan circa 1996. 17 years not 14...

OWl penalties not strict enough When people are drunk, everything gets distorted and blurry. They might get sick. ~he disorientation felt, dependmg on the percentage of alcohol in the bloodstream (legally drunk is .1 percent), can make walking seem more difficult than usual. This all can seem pretty comical, up until the time a person gets in a car and tries to drive home. Gregory Rutt was recently sen· tenced to 17 years in prison for the March 1995 death of Christopher Lillig. Rutt was operating while intoxicated and hit Lillig, who was riding his bicycle on Highway 923. Rutt fled the scene, but turned himself in a few hours later with a blood alcohol level of .228. Prior to this accident, Rutt had seven drunken-driving convictions and had lost his license five times. Rutt will be eligible for parole in three years, and his license has only been revoked for six years. A man who has been convicted of drunken driving eight times, who is supposed to be serving 17 years in prison for vehicular homicide , Drunken-driving sentences are very lenient. could be out dtlving the streets again by the time a baby born today is 6 and just getting the training wheels taken off his or her first bike. Drunken-driving sentences are very lenient. Examining OWl penalties (not taking into consideration whether any accident or injury occurred) will show the repercussions are no more than a slap on the wrist. In a first offense, the drunken driver gets 48 hours in prison and pays no less than $500 (or performs 200 hours of community ser· vice). The driver's license is revoked between 30 and 180 days. For a second offense, there is a seven-day prison stay, a fIDe of no less than $750 and if this conviction is within six years of the first, the license is revoked for one year. In a third conviction, and for all those subsequent, the violator gets a class "D~ felony, up to 100 days in prison, a fine of no less than $750 and cannot drive for six years. Every case is different, so these punishments vary. Also, OWl con· victions often lead to substanceabuse evaluations and treatments. A frightening sidebar is even when licenses are revoked for the sixyear maximum, licenses can be given back after two years through reapplication. Those convicted of a first OWl should have their license revoked for at least three years, 10 for a second conviction and forever after three. If they insist it's necessary to drive, give them a learner's permit so they can only drive with a responsible adult. This might seem harsh, but imagine someone you love being killed because of alcohol or because it seems too inconvenient to take someone's license away after it's abused. The punishment should be so bad that drunken driving becomes an oddity, a story of the past. Clancy Champanois is an editorial writer and UI senior.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonrann
I knew the main suspect in the Jodi husentruit disappearance. To say that he was creepy would be an understatement. I am 99% sure that he did it. FBI has followed him for almost 30 years

Two of my former students are ax murderers. One of them was murdered in prison. We all knew about one of them that needed to be killed before he killed somebody. Too bad.

I know he's out. Did 8 years of a 14 year manslaughter conviction, I believe...

From the Daily Iowan circa 1996. 17 years not 14...

OWl penalties not strict enough When people are drunk, everything gets distorted and blurry. They might get sick. ~he disorientation felt, dependmg on the percentage of alcohol in the bloodstream (legally drunk is .1 percent), can make walking seem more difficult than usual. This all can seem pretty comical, up until the time a person gets in a car and tries to drive home. Gregory Rutt was recently sen· tenced to 17 years in prison for the March 1995 death of Christopher Lillig. Rutt was operating while intoxicated and hit Lillig, who was riding his bicycle on Highway 923. Rutt fled the scene, but turned himself in a few hours later with a blood alcohol level of .228. Prior to this accident, Rutt had seven drunken-driving convictions and had lost his license five times. Rutt will be eligible for parole in three years, and his license has only been revoked for six years. A man who has been convicted of drunken driving eight times, who is supposed to be serving 17 years in prison for vehicular homicide , Drunken-driving sentences are very lenient. could be out dtlving the streets again by the time a baby born today is 6 and just getting the training wheels taken off his or her first bike. Drunken-driving sentences are very lenient. Examining OWl penalties (not taking into consideration whether any accident or injury occurred) will show the repercussions are no more than a slap on the wrist. In a first offense, the drunken driver gets 48 hours in prison and pays no less than $500 (or performs 200 hours of community ser· vice). The driver's license is revoked between 30 and 180 days. For a second offense, there is a seven-day prison stay, a fIDe of no less than $750 and if this conviction is within six years of the first, the license is revoked for one year. In a third conviction, and for all those subsequent, the violator gets a class "D~ felony, up to 100 days in prison, a fine of no less than $750 and cannot drive for six years. Every case is different, so these punishments vary. Also, OWl con· victions often lead to substanceabuse evaluations and treatments. A frightening sidebar is even when licenses are revoked for the sixyear maximum, licenses can be given back after two years through reapplication. Those convicted of a first OWl should have their license revoked for at least three years, 10 for a second conviction and forever after three. If they insist it's necessary to drive, give them a learner's permit so they can only drive with a responsible adult. This might seem harsh, but imagine someone you love being killed because of alcohol or because it seems too inconvenient to take someone's license away after it's abused. The punishment should be so bad that drunken driving becomes an oddity, a story of the past. Clancy Champanois is an editorial writer and UI senior.

I had one when I was a freshman in college while home for Christmas in 1988. Sentences were definitely more lenient then. I was able to use my clean prior record and having been an honor student to get a deferred sentence. I ended up losing my license for six months, had probation for a year and did some community service while back at college. I also had to attend a few classes and AA meetings for assessment. By today's standards, that is getting off easy. That said, it is something I will never do again. If I am having more than two beers at a bar, I'm either walking, taking an Uber or will have the wife drive as she is a very light drinker.

OJ Simpson. Met him at the 1993 FSU/ND Game.

I ran into OJ walking down the street in San Francisco once; He lived across the street and down a little alley on the side of Russian Hill. Everyone in the neighborhood knew where he lived, but no one ever saw him.

I said "Hey OJ, how is it going ... and he said "Good, Man" or something along those lines. He smiled and struck me as a really good guy. I still hold that opinion. I had seen him play when he was at USC and he was a brute It was either an Iowa game or a California game; he destroyed our line and the Trojans beat us handily.

This one is a bit of a stretch, but I worked in the same office as Jeffrey Epstein for a year in the early 1980's. I must have run into him a time or two, but honestly, I cannot remember him. He had been hired by our company right after he had the teaching gig with Robert Barr's father. ... according to news accounts.

He would likely have been insufferable, but I am sure I would have gotten along with him since I can be a little insufferable myself on occasion.

In 1977, I went through a Wall Street training program and one guy in our class spent the next two years blowing everyone else to shreds in terms of production and kept getting cited as the guy we should all aspire to be like. He was the hero of our training class ... and by a multiple or two ... or three.

He had an elaborate resume (all fabricated as it turned out) involving growing up on Park Avenue to extremely wealthy parents and presented as being quite snobbish. He treated the training program as a waste of time, since he supposedly had known all of this stuff since he was ten years old. He never once joined any of the social events such as drinks at Harry's bar on Wall Street on Fridays. As events unfolded, it turned out that he was gay and was having a fling with a fellow who wrote the "Heard on the Street" column in the WSJ. He was trading on ideas that this fellow was featuring in his column a day or two later.

The last I heard, he was in prison somewhere ... but that was years ago.

Last edited:
I grew up in Waterloo and our house was at the end of the street and next door was a KFC. When I was little my Mom said I would go outside and walk over to the KFC where the owner would give me a chicken leg until my Mom would realize where I was at and come to get me. My mom said this happened on more than one occasion. The proprietor of the KFC and the one who gave me the chicken legs was John Wayne Gacy.
John Wayne Gacy was not the proprietor of KFC. His father in law was the proprieter. Additionally JWG last worked at KFC in Black Hawk 54 years ago. He managed 3 KFCs in the area and spent most of his time at the Cedar Falls location.

Last edited:
A different type of evil.

I worked in a adolescent treatment center and one of the boy's father used to glue his penis to a metal shop table and hook a battery up to it.

Another boy's mom used to trick him out. Bring guys back from the bars and molest him. He's in his mid twenties now and continues to piss his bed to keep the men away.
Wtf????

I ran into OJ walking down the street in San Francisco once; He lived across the street and down a little alley on the side of Russian Hill. Everyone in the neighborhood knew where he lived, but no one ever saw him.

I said "Hey OJ, how is it going ... and he said "Good, Man" or something along those lines. He smiled and struck me as a really good guy. I still hold that opinion. I had seen him play when he was at USC and he was a brute It was either an Iowa game or a California game; he destroyed our line and the Trojans beat us handily.

This one is a bit of a stretch, but I worked in the same office as Jeffrey Epstein for a year in the early 1980's. I must have run into him a time or two, but honestly, I cannot remember him. He had been hired by our company right after he had the teaching gig with Robert Barr's father. ... according to news accounts.

He would likely have been insufferable, but I am sure I would have gotten along with him since I can be a little insufferable myself on occasion.

In 1977, I went through a Wall Street training program and one guy in our class spent the next two years blowing everyone else to shreds in terms of production and kept getting cited as the guy we should all aspire to be like. He was the hero of our training class ... and by a multiple or two ... or three.

He had an elaborate resume (all fabricated as it turned out) involving growing up on Park Avenue to extremely wealthy parents and presented as being quite snobbish. He treated the training program as a waste of time, since he supposed had known all of this stuff since he was ten years old. He never once joined any of the social events such as drinks at Harry's bar on Wall Street on Fridays. As events unfolded, it turned out that he was gay and was having a fling with a fellow who wrote the "Heard on the Street" column in the WSJ. He was trading on ideas that this fellow was featuring in his column a day or two later.

The last I heard, he was in prison somewhere ... but that was years ago.
Must have been California because Iowa never played USC in '67 - '68, the OJ years. We first played USC in my freshman year, '70 and again in '74, '75 & '76. We lost those 4 games by a combined score of 168 - 19. Iowa won a grand total of 7 games my 4 years at Iowa 7 - 36 - 1 to be exact...that's why nothing KF does can ever upset me...

Have you ever shaken someone’s hand, looked him/her in the eyes, and walked away thinking that person is pure evil? And then later it was proven true?

Have you ever had a relationship with someone who you found out later committed a heinous crime?

Do you have any good stories of meeting awful people?

I met two murderers when I worked at a PD office for six months in Vero Beach. One was a complete loon who had no prior background of crimes other than pot possession before he attacked his elderly mother with a small chainsaw/hedgetrimmer sawing her up a bit, biting her breasts and ultimately killing her in the pool by drowning. He didn’t seem evil per se, just a whackadoo. The other was a mid level drug lord who had probably killed plenty before and ordered others killed but had only been convicted of murdering a couple for nonpayment of some drugs after raping the woman in front of her husband. That dude was straight up unapologetic, uncaring and radiated evil like the black soulless eyes of a Great White Shark.

In terms of people I personally have known, there’s only one. A bubbly blonde cheerleader I had many classes with in high school who was one of the most popular girls in class. I remember her as a cute, friendly not overly bright person. Essentially a human Golden Retriever. But apparently after or during college she got into drugs and in her mid-30s was living in a trailer home with her 10 year older boyfriend and an 18 year old college dropout girl they were living with as a throuple. According to testimony, while the boyfriend was gone, my HS friend/acquaintance (less than a friend but more than just unfamiliar acquaintance) apparently wanted to do some meth and have some lesbian sex with the 18 year old girl. They did so and then Crystal went to drop her boyfriend off at work. When they returned they allegedly found that the 18yo girl had stolen their meth and was “acting crazy” screaming about how she wanted to go home. Allegedly, Crystal was concerned that the girl was attracting attention through the thin walls of the trailer home so she pistol whipped the girl knocking her out and then injected her with a possibly lethal dose of morphine (either she died of that or heat exhaustion). Scared about what to do, Crystal and her boyfriend tied the girl up and gagged her and then transported her to his father’s abandoned house leaving the girl tied to a chair. Crystal and the boyfriend then went home, did some drugs and forgot about the girl. When they went over the next day, the girl was dead either from a lethal overdose of morphine or due to heat exhaustion and lack of oxygen from being gagged, tied up and in a hot Florida house with no running AC (or probably a combo of all of the above). They panicked again and put the corpse in the trunk of their car for two days before dumping the body. The boyfriend who didn’t really do anything other than being neglectful and helping to transport the girl both before and after she died got life in prison while Crystal who did all of that plus pistol whipped the girl, injected the morphine and was the “mastermind” only got 25 years in jail.

I talked to a guy who ended up killing his dad and son because his live in girlfriend was leaving. The son was about my age at the time and I was probably 11.

Here is one more:

I lived in New Jersey for two years; 2000-2002 or so and everyday on the way to work, I would stop at the 7-11 and buy a cup of coffee to drink on the ferry to NYC. The place was owned by an Indian guy who was, not really unfriendly, but was certainly officious. I once complimented him on his new yellow Corvette that he was parking right against the building every day, and he did not really seem to care one way or another.

Right after I moved from there to NYC, this guy's wife was murdered in her/their native India. He ended up being arrested and extradited ... and convicted as I recall. I doubt that it ended well after that. I do not remember ever having met his wife. I think she was a brand new wife and had been in the U.S. only a short while before they took the fateful trip back home.

I seem to remember that there was an inheritance involved in this affair. The N.Y. Post covered it all the way to the end but my memory of the details has become fuzzy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Black Lab Hawk
25 years ago or so I did a butt%load of sub teaching in DSM. One kid I had ( in junior high) was just a “ bad kid” and everyone knew that some day we would hear about something he did.
5 years or so later, the kid was arrested and sent to prison for life for the cold-blooded murder of a waitress at a DSM eatery one weekend morning. He was evil.

I’ve got 2.

Stan Tribble. Bass player for the Omaha band 5 Story Fall in the mid to late 90’s. The wife, before she was my wife, and I were regulars on the Omaha music scene back then. We knew 2 members of the band and would hang with all of them before and after shows. Stan was an ok guy, except everyone knew he had a temper and short fuse. He got into a fight with a sound guy at a show once. I remember thinking “that escalated quickly”. Turns out he murded his wife in 2006.

https://fox42kptm.com/archive/life-stan-tribble-sentenced-thursday-morning

Then there is Todd Mills, serial hooker rapist from Shelby, IA. He lived 1 block away from me, was on the vol. FD with me for about 8 years and his family were members of our church. He would go pick up prostitutes in Omaha, drive them to a location and force them at gun point to service him. Guy was weird, big talker and full of BS stories that we’d all just roll our eyes about. We stood side by side many years serving Easter morning breakfast at the Presbyterian church. Was he a bit off? Yep. But I would have never thought he was capable of rape. He’s now put away for life. His family chose to stay here, which to me is crazy. I think I’d go start over somewhere else.

https://nonpareilonline.com/archive...cle_3da36c16-7086-54ba-8008-c1ed13e247b5.html

I’ve got 2.

Stan Tribble. Bass player for the Omaha band 5 Story Fall in the mid to late 90’s. The wife, before she was my wife, and I were regulars on the Omaha music scene back then. We knew 2 members of the band and would hang with all of them before and after shows. Stan was an ok guy, except everyone knew he had a temper and short fuse. He got into a fight with a sound guy at a show once. I remember thinking “that escalated quickly”. Turns out he murded his wife in 2006.

https://fox42kptm.com/archive/life-stan-tribble-sentenced-thursday-morning

Then there is Todd Mills, serial hooker rapist from Shelby, IA. He lived 1 block away from me, was on the vol. FD with me for about 8 years and his family were members of our church. He would go pick up prostitutes in Omaha, drive them to a location and force them at gun point to service him. Guy was weird, big talker and full of BS stories that we’d all just roll our eyes about. We stood side by side many years serving Easter morning breakfast at the Presbyterian church. Was he a bit off? Yep. But I would have never thought he was capable of rape. He’s now put away for life. His family chose to stay here, which to me is crazy. I think I’d go start over somewhere else.

https://nonpareilonline.com/archive...cle_3da36c16-7086-54ba-8008-c1ed13e247b5.html

Am I crazy or does it seem like a disproportionate number of whackos are volunteer FD?

I’ve googled a few guys in this thread. Seems common.

Outside of actual therapy I went to high-school with a guy that was nuckingfuts. I always just thought he was a baby because he had a sister that we would all give him shit about and he would beat the shit out of nerd kids. He was the typical rich kid who had a "black belt" when he was like 16 as if that wasn't just from paying Farrells dues for 10 years but he was actually kinda tough in his own right. I moved away to school and found out my then brother in law, Leo, had to arrive on the scene after he had smoked a bunch of meth and slit some dudes neck.

My younger brother was a prison guard. He spent most of his time at Oakdale. He actually did some training at Fort Madison. He had some incredible stories . He said many prisoners would wait until the guards were in their cell and they would throw feces or urine on the guards.

Am I crazy or does it seem like a disproportionate number of whackos are volunteer FD?

I’ve googled a few guys in this thread. Seems common.

You are spot on with the VFD. There are some good solid people. Then there are some that just want to belong to a group. I hated nearly every second of being on it. Those guys could make a 15 minute meeting take 4 hours.

You are spot on with the VFD. There are some good solid people. Then there are some that just want to belong to a group. I hated nearly every second of being on it. Those guys could make a 15 minute meeting take 4 hours.

My dad (R.I.P. in peace) was VFD in our town of 150 for 40 years. The 15 minute meeting usually took four hours because they were drinking beer. That said, my dad could turn hanging a few strands of lights into four hours too.

You know the song Polly by Nirvana? My buddy met the guy that song is about. A kid I go to school with, his parents lived in the same apartment complex as Jeffery Dahmer. Me? I have yet to meet anyone truly evil but I will one day.

I went to high school with a living piece of excrement that ended up being executed in Missouri. His name was Andy Six and he really had it coming.
He and his uncle, on the pretext of buying a guy's pickup, kidnapped his youngest daughter, stabbed his older daughter, cut his wife's throat, and left them for dead. They raped and killed the younger daughter, leaving her body in Missouri. She was 13.
Several years later, a sample of his DNA was used to solve another murder, this one a triple. Unfortunately, he had already received his lethal injection so they couldn't kill him twice.

My dad (R.I.P. in peace) was VFD in our town of 150 for 40 years. The 15 minute meeting usually took four hours because they were drinking beer. That said, my dad could turn hanging a few strands of lights into four hours too.

I would probably still be on the dept if we/they were drinking beer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT