ADVERTISEMENT

Who Plans to Watch THE LAST OF US?

Have you played the game? Do you plan to check out the series?

• I have played the game and will definetly not watch.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was afraid they would teas the bloater until next season. I did enjoy the sniper scene. They did that one right.

Mind you, this is from the version prior to the most recent PS5 remaster, so the graphics are a little lacking. Brings back some seriously great memories though, this level was super difficult unless you were playing on the easiest of modes, and I absolutely loved spending hours mastering it.

Last edited:
Reactions: VodkaSam
Watched the first 5 episodes yesterday. So far this show is everything I’d hoped it would be, and more. Episode 3 was a masterpiece and will (should) win some kind of awards. The bloater at the end of episode 5 was terrifying. Wonder if there will be anything bigger/stronger as the seasons go by?

Watched the first 5 episodes yesterday. So far this show is everything I’d hoped it would be, and more. Episode 3 was a masterpiece and will (should) win some kind of awards. The bloater at the end of episode 5 was terrifying. Wonder if there will be anything bigger/stronger as the seasons go by?
I have not played the game but from what I understand, a bloater is the strongest thing out there. I suppose there could be a Shaq sized human turned bloater, or an elephant/bear turned bloater.

I have not played the game but from what I understand, a bloater is the strongest thing out there. I suppose there could be a Shaq sized human turned bloater, or an elephant/bear turned bloater.
Well, there is something in the game worse than the bloater. In TLoU2, there is something called a rat king, and it is exactly what it sounds like. It's a creature that is a combination of stalkers, clickers, and a bloater, like they are all connected, giving the already strong bloater even more armor and hit points. After taking damage, some infected can disconnect from the larger entity and attack the player.

Well, there is something in the game worse than the bloater. In TLoU2, there is something called a rat king, and it is exactly what it sounds like. It's a creature that is a combination of stalkers, clickers, and a bloater, like they are all connected, giving the already strong bloater even more armor and hit points. After taking damage, some infected can disconnect from the larger entity and attack the player.
Hope HBO is saving up for the CGI on that one!

Reactions: JupiterHawk
For those not interested in spoilers, don't click on the below. It is game footage of the rat king.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed in this episode compared to the game. That scene was better in the game and the escape from the University was way better in the game.

For reference here is the university escape in the game.

Agreed, however the show is still great.

Some people are gonna get their panties in a bunch again next weekend if they show the Left Behind storyline like it appears from the trailer.

Agreed, however the show is still great.

Some people are gonna get their panties in a bunch again next weekend if they show the Left Behind storyline like it appears from the trailer.
Probably a lot less than the Bill and Frank episode, amiright?

Q: What similarities does the TV show share with the video game?
A: Both feature interruptions from 13-year-olds calling you homophobic slurs.

Q: What similarities does the TV show share with the video game?
A: Both feature interruptions from 13-year-olds calling you homophobic slurs.
Lol

Q: Will I still like it if I’ve outgrown video games?
A: Yes, the game’s adult themes and intellectually nuanced storylines have been dumbed down for TV audiences.

This was the most shot for shot episode so far. I even walked out of the room to grab a a snack and I didn't feel the need to pause it.

Good episode, only 2 episodes left, I am not sure how they are going to cover everything in 2 episodes unless they don't finish the 1st game this season

This was the most shot for shot episode so far. I even walked out of the room to grab a a snack and I didn't feel the need to pause it.

Good episode, only 2 episodes left, I am not sure how they are going to cover everything in 2 episodes unless they don't finish the 1st game this season

No it's right on track. You have the conflict with David (I think that's his name) and his group in the next episode and the episode after that is St Mary's and the aftermath.

Next season starts Left Behind Part 2.

No it's right on track. You have the conflict with David (I think that's his name) and his group in the next episode and the episode after that is St Mary's and the aftermath.

Next season starts Left Behind Part 2.
I understand that there are 2 major story lines left but it seems a lot of to cover in 2 episodes. Maybe they will be long episodes 🤞

Episode 3 and 7 were soooo bad. Completely unnecessary. 10 minutes would have been enough for both. Rest of the episodes are amazing

I understand that there are 2 major story lines left but it seems a lot of to cover in 2 episodes. Maybe they will be long episodes 🤞
I'm guessing the season 1 finale will be a 90 minute episode.

Episode 3 and 7 were soooo bad. Completely unnecessary. 10 minutes would have been enough for both. Rest of the episodes are amazing
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. I thought it provided great context and background, getting you to invest emotionally in the characters more, since the viewers are not gameplayers familiarizing themselves with everything for hours and hours and hours.

Reactions: BlIIlken2
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. I thought it provided great context and background, getting you to invest emotionally in the characters more, since the viewers are not gameplayers familiarizing themselves with everything for hours and hours and hours.
Totally agree. Condensing episode 7 into 5 or 10 minutes would not have been enough time to develop Ellie's relationship with Riley and the ending would not have been as impactful as it was. I have never played the game so I don't know if extending this storyline will mean other stories will feel rushed but I enjoyed both episode 3 & 7.

Some people probably didn't like the bottle episode Fly of Breaking Bad either but I think it's one of my favorites

I don't understand what the rush is. This is storytelling. We plan on seeing these characters for a lot more than a 90 minute movie. Taking some time to flesh them out is useful. This entire episode existed to show that she wasn't going to ditch Joel.

In the mall she hadn't faced loss before so she was angry and acting out as opposed to her friend that had already gone through loss from her family and was just resigned to the inevitable. This time around she didn't act out but instead took action to try to save the only person she cares about in the world anymore.

I don't understand what the rush is. This is storytelling. We plan on seeing these characters for a lot more than a 90 minute movie. Taking some time to flesh them out is useful. This entire episode existed to show that she wasn't going to ditch Joel.

In the mall she hadn't faced loss before so she was angry and acting out as opposed to her friend that had already gone through loss from her family and was just resigned to the inevitable. This time around she didn't act out but instead took action to try to save the only person she cares about in the world anymore.
Depends if season one ends at the same place the game did. If it does, for me, and probably other people that played the game, it appears they have drawn out certain parts and will be forced to condense a lot in the next 2 episodes.

I liked episode 3, but thought episode 7 was boring. It was very faithful to the game though.

For those that don’t know, Ep. 7 was almost entirely taken from the extra downloadable content for the game. After the main game was finished and released, this DLC was released for another couple hours of gameplay.

Depends if season one ends at the same place the game did. If it does, for me, and probably other people that played the game, it appears they have drawn out certain parts and will be forced to condense a lot in the next 2 episodes.

I liked episode 3, but thought episode 7 was boring. It was very faithful to the game though.

For those that don’t know, Ep. 7 was almost entirely taken from the extra downloadable content for the game. After the main game was finished and released, this DLC was released for another couple hours of gameplay.
I played the original many years ago but not any DLC. I didn’t find it boring at all. The storytelling in the show has been on point. It isn’t going to always be entertaining for everyone. I liken your feelings to a person that already “read the book” and knows everything that is going to happen. It is going to be harder to entertain you with something new.

Reactions: drew_hawk
Episode 7 did drag a bit. I think it needed more than 5-10 minutes because it does explain why she sticks with Joel. However, the mall scene could have just been trimmed down to the merry-go-round and the arcade part. Maybe the Halloween store just for the video game call-back, but just those two scenes would have been enough to establish the relationship between Riley and Ellie.

On the other hand, what else would you fill that time with? Shots of Ellie scavenging the local neighborhood? That wouldn't have exactly been thrilling television either.

Reactions: BlIIlken2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT