ADVERTISEMENT

Who Plans to Watch THE LAST OF US?

Have you played the game? Do you plan to check out the series?

• I have played the game and will definetly not watch.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
FqQDU2AWYAMEj6b
Internet remains undefeated (PS - Season 3 first episode of Madalorian is out)

If it was photoshopped so that he was wearing this, we'd be cooking with gas:

pedro-pascal-game-of-thrones-season-5.jpg
Sprinkle in his work in Narcos and Kingsman sequel with the current “Pedro Pascal Car Trend” going crazy and I think you could make a case that he is emerging as the biggest star in Hollywood right now.

Reactions: pink shizzle
I do like that they’re following the storyline of the game, but I could use a little more infected action. I realize they run the risk of mimicking The Walking Dead, but for a show based on a game filled with action, it runs a little short.
I don’t really mind all the LGBTQ+ content, but give me a few more gory deaths and exploding monsters.

Depends if season one ends at the same place the game did. If it does, for me, and probably other people that played the game, it appears they have drawn out certain parts and will be forced to condense a lot in the next 2 episodes.

I liked episode 3, but thought episode 7 was boring. It was very faithful to the game though.

For those that don’t know, Ep. 7 was almost entirely taken from the extra downloadable content for the game. After the main game was finished and released, this DLC was released for another couple hours of gameplay.
Yea, ill be disappointed if they rush the last two but have two unnecessarily drawn out episodes. Still a really good show

Reactions: Chuck C
I do like that they’re following the storyline of the game, but I could use a little more infected action. I realize they run the risk of mimicking The Walking Dead, but for a show based on a game filled with action, it runs a little short.
I don’t really mind all the LGBTQ+ content, but give me a few more gory deaths and exploding monsters.

I have noticed that myself. Only a few episodes have had any action at all. And even those episodes has the action been more than a few minutes.

I support the fact that they want to make the show mainly about the relationship between the main characters, but I think they have taken it too far.

Ep. 8
This was always my favor part of the game to play. You play as Joel most of the game, but play as Ellie during this part.

Here’s the end of the episode from the game. Again, I thought the game did a better job of conveying the emotion of the last scene.

Ep. 8
This was always my favor part of the game to play. You play as Joel most of the game, but play as Ellie during this part.

Here’s the end of the episode from the game. Again, I thought the game did a better job of conveying the emotion of the last scene.

The game looks awesome but that scene from the game is not as good.

Finally we got an episode with some good killing. Following last week's LGBTQ+ After School Special, the show needed to get back on track.

Finally started watching. Not sure I like the Ellie casting yet.

the-last-of-us-show-vs-game-ellie-bella-ramsey2-1674851959.jpg

I always thought Ellen Page would be a great casting, but she's transistioned to Ethan so that's out.

sddefault.jpg

Reactions: Chuck C
I was a little worried that this story line was only one episode. This my favorite part of the game, I guess when you eliminate killing the half of the town it doesn't take as long.

I thought they did a great job with this episode, I am going to so sad next week when this show ends.

Reactions: drew_hawk
Finally started watching. Not sure I like the Ellie casting yet.

the-last-of-us-show-vs-game-ellie-bella-ramsey2-1674851959.jpg

I always thought Ellen Page would be a great casting, but she's transistioned to Ethan so that's out.

sddefault.jpg

Most people believe that Ellie was modeled on Ellen Page.

The other problem with getting Ellen Page besides her transition is that she's quite simply too old at this point. Ellie is suppose to be 14, Page is 36.

Even Bella Ramsey at 19 doesn't IMO look close to being 14 years old.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
I was a little worried that this story line was only one episode. This my favorite part of the game, I guess when you eliminate killing the half of the town it doesn't take as long.

I thought they did a great job with this episode, I am going to so sad next week when this show ends.

The show presented a problem which my wife who never played the game pointed out. She pointed out that the building she fought David in caught on fire, you would think that would have sent the rest of their community out to investigate what was happening.

The game sort of explains this in that between Joel and Ellie, you kill most if not all of them.

The show presented a problem which my wife who never played the game pointed out. She pointed out that the building she fought David in caught on fire, you would think that would have sent the rest of their community out to investigate what was happening.

The game sort of explains this in that between Joel and Ellie, you kill most if not all of them.
I got the impression that this building was away from the rest of the town. It makes sense that they would hang the bodies somewhere they would not likely be found.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
This group should have been the ones who got the long backstory episode, not Ron Swanson or Riley. Amazing episode

I don't think Joel needs any swap out. Frankly, I don't think I can ever see Coster-Waldau in anything again without thinking of him as Jamie Lannister.
Saw it on another site. I agree, he will always be JL to me as well. The girl, from Justified, looks pretty spot on, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tenacious E

Yeah I was wondering about everyone else from the town last night after Ellie and Joel reunited. I guess we just assume Joel killed them all while Ellie was escaping captivity?

Pretty good so far. I would say that it feels like they're rushing it a tad. This feels like an episode they could have easily stretched to 2-3 without going too far and developed some of the characters more.

Not milking it like The Walking Dead would have done (seriously, this would have been a full season ordeal on TWD), but just expanding a bit more would be great.

But for real, where the hell were the rest of the townspeople once their dining hall went up in flames?

Reactions: Tenacious E
Binged all 8 yesterday. Never played game. I figured some would moan about ep 3&7. 7 dragged, but I thought I just had binge fatigue.

Do agree in ep 8, I had the thought the fire would have attracted the rest of the town- close or not.

Otherwise enjoying it, really enjoying the mix of human evil vs zombie plant fungus.

Which I enjoy the fungal zombie method theory.

Season finale tonight. This episode did feel a bit rushed but nonetheless I still loved it. You really get how Joel sees Ellie as a second daughter. Especially with the visuals of him carrying her in his arms, like he did in the first episode with his daughter and if I was in his place probably would have done the same things he did (because I'm a badass like that) Although the lie hanging over their heads will be interesting next season.

I just hope it's not one of those shows where next season will be in 2 years

Still not enough infected, but the story continues to drive the show.
I'm really wondering how they're going to stick to the script in the second season.

I felt the last two episodes were little rushed, definitely could added 1 or 2 more episodes. I absolutely loved this show. This is the only show that my 16 year old son and I would watch together so I enjoyed that time very much. Super bummed that season is over. Big fan of the games and felt they did a great job of staying true to it. Could they have used a few more infected scenes, sure. The little story lines they added were incredible well done. Sounds like they are writing season 2 now, could be back late 2024 but most likely early 2025

Thoughts on the rescue scene. As badass as it was, it seemed subdued. I need to watch it again. For comparison's sake - check out the below Boardwalk Empire scene.

Season finale tonight. This episode did feel a bit rushed but nonetheless I still loved it. You really get how Joel sees Ellie as a second daughter. Especially with the visuals of him carrying her in his arms, like he did in the first episode with his daughter and if I was in his place probably would have done the same things he did (because I'm a badass like that) Although the lie hanging over their heads will be interesting next season.

I just hope it's not one of those shows where next season will be in 2 years

Given the amount invested in filming I could very well see it taking 2 years for the 2nd season to come out.

Not enough infected, and episodes 3 and 7 were not good, but everything else was fantastic. 8/10

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

Great story, great acting, great cinematography....

But is more rushed than the last two seasons of GOT.
I don't know if I'd absolutely agree with saying rushed for the whole season. To me a rushed season means something that could have used another significant chunk of episodes to tell the story. This just needed a little more breathing room in several episodes. This last one was only about 40 minutes and could have been close to an hour. Even the battle towards the end needed some breathing room. Joel looked too much like a Rambo going through cutting everyone down. So maybe some episodes were rushed.

I think the big thing is that so much of the audience wants to see more. This was one of those shows where you'd feel like you're only 20 minutes in and then the end credits hit and you realize how long you have actually been watching, which is usually the sign of a great show.

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

Great story, great acting, great cinematography....

But is more rushed than the last two seasons of GOT.
I was not disappointed, but on a scale of 0 to TWD in terms of dragging a series out, this was at a 0. The sweet spot would have been around a 4. Maybe not made it two seasons right off the bat, but perhaps made it 12-16 episodes.

Overall, it was very faithful to the game. I agree with the poster above, that the last two episodes seemed rushed.

“The Last Of Us 2” game was very divisive among fans. Mark me down in the camp that hated the sequel.

Here’s end scenes from the game for ep.9

Just finished the last two episodes. I enjoyed it and had no idea about the game.

One question - where are they getting all the batteries for the flashlights?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT