Who won?

• Walz

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Vance

Votes: 52 49.1%
  • Basically a tie

Votes: 30 28.3%

• Total voters
Walz seemed genuine in his replies and proved he isn't a good debater. Vance showed this isn't his first rodeo and seemed more clear in his answers and retorts.

The China reply from Walz was odd, but to remember something from 30+ years ago I'm not gunna put a lot of stock into it. I liked from both that there was a decorum on being on the debate stage, as if it's a massive honor to be up there with the potential to serve in the highest house. I hope it sticks to that after this election.

It would've been Vance's night with his smooth delivery and clarity, but Walz hit him with two Tyson uppercuts on the Abortion reply, "We trust women and doctors", and the 1/6 non-answer. Those two are gunna be played on social media till election day and Vance will have trouble defending.
Walz whiffed on the China thing. Riding his bike around the neighborhood in Nebraska was humorously sad. And being friends with school shooters. Maybe they were pheasant hunting buddies?
Vance will have trouble defending his performance? You just telegraphed what the Dems have decided is their plan of attack.
Abortion shows up consistently as not in the Top 3-4 issues voters care about. 16-17%.

While I’m pro choice I’m like most voters who see high food prices, the state of the economy, global peace threatened, and domestic issues that divide us as larger issues.

Use a condom and reduce the need for abortions. Be part of the realization that your sperm and her egg don’t really need to meet up unless you want them to. Stop being influenced by emotion and take charge of your personal life.

I've said in many posts that Vance did well. I've complimented him to very high levels. He beat Walz through most of the night except for abortion and January 6.

That said, all the hard work Vance put in will mean nothing because Trump is such a collosal fvck up, he will just drag Vance back down again.
That and as good as Vance's debate is, there will be commercials abound about January 6th and boths refusal to acknowledge Trump lost and was willing to overthrow the election. To me that was the sound bite of the night.

Reactions: Huey Grey
It was a draw up until the end when Vance refused to answer about 2020.
I also think he tried a little too slyly to put space between him and Trump. It's clear he sees a possible post MAGA world that he wants to be a part of versus working for a living.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
He's got issues.

I hope he's ok.
I hope he is too.

I don’t care for Trump either or the MAGA cult members, but there are plenty of people you interact with everyday, who aren’t part of the Trump cult, who will vote Trump. I don’t agree with them, but they are just normal people who are trying to pick the lesser of two evils. I’m not going to hate them for that and I will still be friends with many of them who aren’t crazy MAGA types.

There’s also a 50/50 chance Trump wins. Chishawk needs to accept that as well.

Reactions: goldmom
It was a draw up until the end when Vance refused to answer about 2020.
I also think he tried a little too slyly to put space between him and Trump. It's clear he sees a possible post MAGA world that he wants to be a part of versus working for a living.
I actually agree with this for the most part.

I can see a path for him surviving politically when the Trump/Vance ticket loses.

So if Chis has a serious drinking problem is it really any of your business? If poster “X” has a crack addiction do you feel entitled to know? What’s the standard for what people need to know about a posters personal life?
You missed my point. I don’t disagree that it’s personal - but the person being attacked didn’t seem to invest much time refuting the claims made in those attacks. Therefore the claims seemed to take on a life of their own, and many of us would have probably reacted differently if we were the ones being attacked.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
That and as good as Vance's debate is, there will be commercials abound about January 6th and boths refusal to acknowledge Trump lost and was willing to overthrow the election. To me that was the sound bite of the night.
He did answer is the problem. He said he has concerns about it and would love to discuss it further. The dems want the sound bites to end at Walz's "that's concerning" and the interaction didn't. Meanwhile Walz had to say "I mispoke, that's my answer" that didn't have a continuation.

Run the commercial all you want but we have seen how this plays out when dems leave our context now.

chis constantly calls people Nazi's and terrorists so he kind of brings it upon himself.
I mean, in fairness, there are some pretty crazy MAGA types, but yeah, Chishawk will go after anyone who isn’t fully on board with all of his hate.

I have made it clear from the beginning I am a moderate Republican who hates Trump. That is never good enough for him.

I learned in 7th grade Civics class that the main constitutional duty of the VP is to break Senate ties and count (not delay) Electoral College votes. That's it. They can't write Executive Orders, they're not the head of state, they're not Commander in Chief. John Nance Garner was a VP of FDR. He famously described the vice presidency as being "not worth a bucket of warm piss"

Has Harris gained experience as VP? Absolutely. Is she qualified? Maybe not to the extent I would like but in comparison to...well, there is no comparison.
They are also there in case the POTUS dies or is incapacitated, and I think the Harris / Walz campaign is trying to avoid talking about this due to the specter of attacks against Biden.
Trump is 78 and clearly showing physical and mental decline. Voters should be looking at who Vance is due to the chance that Trump expires in office. Or, that he decides to bail in 2026 if the House and Senate flip decidedly against him, and he puts up some firewalls against prosecution and goes to Mar A Largo to golf full time.

Since the debate thread got shut down...a simple poll. Who won?

I think for all intents and purposes it was basically a tie. Each had their moments. I did like that it was a more traditional debate and they were basically civil with each other...

Kind of weird (sadly) to see them shaking hands, talking and introducing their spouses to each other afterwards. Used to be the norm but really hasn't been in the last 3 cycles...
Why didn’t you make it so we can see who’s voting for which option?

Reactions: Huey Grey
Which goes back to why Vance is screwed with Trump. He had no choice but to refuse to answer. Trump would have had his head if he said Trump lost.

Reactions: nelly02 and DFSNOLE
Walz whiffed on the China thing. Riding his bike around the neighborhood in Nebraska was humorously sad. And being friends with school shooters. Maybe they were pheasant hunting buddies?
Vance will have trouble defending his performance? You just telegraphed what the Dems have decided is their plan of attack.
Abortion shows up consistently as not in the Top 3-4 issues voters care about. 16-17%.

While I’m pro choice I’m like most voters who see high food prices, the state of the economy, global peace threatened, and domestic issues that divide us as larger issues.

Use a condom and reduce the need for abortions. Be part of the realization that your sperm and her egg don’t really need to meet up unless you want them to. Stop being influenced by emotion and take charge of your personal life.
You're free to have your opinion. A opinion I don't think a lot of women have at least.

I've done that in the past but think in this case it gives a more accurate read. Folks don't have to vote along party lines.

Been criticized in the past for making votes visible...guess I can't win :)
Bins you are fine. I don't always agree with your viewpoints but you are similar to me. I have strong view points but ultimately character does come into play. I am not ashamed to say I voted for Bush. I felt he was more of the straight shooter than Gore. I feel Trump has bypassed so many red lines, I still can't fathom why 45%+ of the population will still vote for him.

That was my first time seeing Vance. I was expecting more of a clown. Honestly he reminded me of Mayor Pete, which was probably his objective.
Vance, like Pete, have a lot of experience talking in front of a camera. Much more experience than Walz. Vance definitely excelled in that aspect and it's why he looked much more polished.

It's when he tries to be a human with working class people he doesn't know what to do.

Reactions: lucas80
Bins you are fine. I don't always agree with your viewpoints but you are similar to me. I have strong view points but ultimately character does come into play. I am not ashamed to say I voted for Bush. I felt he was more of the straight shooter than Gore. I feel Trump has bypassed so many red lines, I still can't fathom why 45%+ of the population will still vote for him.

The other party is filled with sociopathic narcissist extremists. A good portion of Dems really do hate this country, its institutions, and everything it stands for. Obama articulated these feelings in his acceptance speech in 2008 and its been in overdrive ever since. That’s why.

went back through it and chis was in fact losing his mind...chis gonna chis I guess.
Two things can be true.

1. Chis is right more than I care to admit. I agree with him Trump has been proven unfit for office and just several things politically.

2. Chis is an unhinged lunatic who I can call out even though I agree with him at times. My favorite is when he infers others are crazy and need to chill. Talk about a lack of self awareness.

You missed my point. I don’t disagree that it’s personal - but the person being attacked didn’t seem to invest much time refuting the claims made in those attacks. Therefore the claims seemed to take on a life of their own, and many of us would have probably reacted differently if we were the ones being attacked.
Goldmom, the attacks shouldn't have occurred in the first place, whether defended them or not. The rhetoric on here tends to go overboard. Had one individual threaten my livelihood on here because he disagreed with my political stance. We can have difference of opinion and I have disagreed with you in the past (maybe too hard on my end). Even still if Chis has a problem, hopefully he gets the help he needs, but that is for him to resolve. I never understand why people want to out people or get personal. Those are low blow tactics.

I hope he is too.

I don’t care for Trump either or the MAGA cult members, but there are plenty of people you interact with everyday, who aren’t part of the Trump cult, who will vote Trump. I don’t agree with them, but they are just normal people who are trying to pick the lesser of two evils. I’m not going to hate them for that and I will still be friends with many of them who aren’t crazy MAGA types.

There’s also a 50/50 chance Trump wins. Chishawk needs to accept that as well.
I think there's a greater than 50/50 chance Chis pushes people to vote Trump.

The other party is filled with sociopathic narcissist extremists. A good portion of Dems really do hate this country, its institutions, and everything it stands for. Obama articulated these feelings in his acceptance speech in 2008 and its been in overdrive ever since. That’s why.
You know what I can admit, there is a portion of the democratic party I really disagree with. See how hard that is. The issue is, it is less than 25% of the democratic party. The republicans have 80% of the party who still support Trump who wanted to overthrow an election, so who exactly is the narcissist, a guy who still to this day can't admit he lost and had his running mate fall face flat on the question because he didn't want to face Trumps wrath?

Reactions: sober_teacher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT