ADVERTISEMENT

Why do I go to mass with my wife

Jimmy McGill

HR Legend
Sep 9, 2018
Earth
It is so gut wrenching with the current preist. Old Testament reading was something along the lines that if you sin, God will not only punish you, but generations after.

Than the priest, during his sermon went on about abortion.

I walked out. Wife is probably pissed off at me.

It could also hurt him after his death. Hard to say what's more likely.

I'm going with this. :)

It is so gut wrenching with the current preist. Old Testament reading was something along the lines that if you sin, God will not only punish you, but generations after.

One weekend while on vacation with my wife's cousin they convinced us to go to mass with them. It was right after gay marriage was recognized at the federal level. The priest weighed in with his opinion and said "just because you can hit someone with your car doesn't mean it's right."

We walked out.

Last edited:
@Jimmy McGill.......Christianity maintains that a person puts
their faith in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins and the
free gift of eternal life in heaven.

Christians do not put their faith in any pastor or priest. They
are mere human beings and sinners like everyone else. It is
all about the individual Christian having a genuine relationship
of trust in Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

7a8c7a7aecc95e1991e5b2860b0ff23710a0255a.gif

You think that’s bad, I spent part of today watching my wife shop for sunglasses. This inevitably led to her asking me which pair I liked better on her, and then she basically called me a moron for the pair I picked.
Switch to being a Methodist in Lib Town, Jimmy. The sermons aren’t preachy, and all are welcome. You walk out with a bounce in your step and and feeling good about yourself.

I hate going to church. I never know when to use which moves.
My parents never went to church, so they never dragged me or my brother.
My paternal grandmother was very religious, attended the little three room chapel just down the road from their place out in the sticks (farm adjacent to Mark Twain national forest, outside Polar Bluff, MO).

Spent the night with a friend of mine who was Catholic, with the deal that he could attend Mass Saturday night and not have to go to church Sunday morning. I went with him, and the differences were amazing to this kid. After a bunch of people came out in robes, chanting and swinging this decorative orb that was smoking, at that point I was waiting for the crew in goat leggings to appear.

dragnet-pagan-scene.gif

You think that’s bad, I spent part of today watching my wife shop for sunglasses. This inevitably led to her asking me which pair I liked better on her, and then she basically called me a moron for the pair I picked.
Switch to being a Methodist in Lib Town, Jimmy. The sermons aren’t preachy, and all are welcome. You walk out with a bounce in your step and and feeling good about yourself.

I'm not Catholic...never will be. I have ordained someone in the name of Dudism

ZIXejiWyCzFPQt1osIWPGDQvuAN6-RMnY-grOf_tGAE.jpg

Dude I like you but this is one of the Top 5 ‘look at me’ posts of 2024.

Far better to do the right thing and have no one notice. Once you’ve bragged about something like this it diminishes it as a principled stand and seems more self serving. You’re better than this.

Far better to do the right thing and have no one notice. Once you’ve bragged about something like this it diminishes it as a principled stand and seems more self serving. You’re better than this.
If a dude walks out of church early in the middle of a forest and there is no one around to see it, did it really happen?

Last edited:

Not self serving, just wanted to see if anyone else has been through this experience,

Reactions: Gus is dead

It makes her horny?

My grandparents would refer to the horse track as church when i was a kid. I went to the harness track on saturday nights with grandpa and across the street to watch the thoroughbreds on sundays with grandma a lot.

I couldn't tell you anything about what happens in an actual Catholic church, but I can talk your ear off about horse racing.

It’s easy to debate various sects of Christianity, but I still assert that any sermon that doesn’t point to the gospel message is not a real sermon.

Maybe talk to the wifey about a different church if yours isn’t pointing the congregation to Christ on the cross. Also, pic of wife’s ass? I mean wife at mass?

My grandparents would refer to the horse track as church when i was a kid. I went to the harness track on saturday nights with grandpa and across the street to watch the thoroughbreds on sundays with grandma a lot.

I couldn't tell you anything about what happens in an actual Catholic church, but I can talk your ear off about horse racing.

How much $$$ did they lose gambling overall?

Quit going because all they talked about was donations every single week. It got so bad that we felt like that was more important than the word of Christ.

blues-brothers.gif

You go to mass with your wife because deep down inside you want find a relationship with God before you die. Any God. You ran away from being accountable for your sins.

Reactions: BrianNole777
It’s easy to debate various sects of Christianity, but I still assert that any sermon that doesn’t point to the gospel message is not a real sermon.

Maybe talk to the wifey about a different church if yours isn’t pointing the congregation to Christ on the cross. Also, pic of wife’s ass? I mean wife at mass?

I'll see what I can do on the latter part.

Reactions: LuciousBDragon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT