Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Other?

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters

Hawki97

HB Legend
Dec 16, 2001
Iowa City, IA
Granted, it’s not as common as it was now that churches have to do whatever they can to hold on to members, but why is/was it a thing?

Personal choice and I bet in a congregation you would see a fair share of all of the above if you could read minds.

People who wear jeans to church or weddings are losers
What’s your rule on receptions? I have seen a lot of crisp new Wranglers at receptions at the Jasper Co, IN, 4-H fairgrounds during receptions.

Billions of people find comfort and joy through religious belief. It's apparently a very strong human need to believe in something greater than yourself.
That’s great. People can believe whatever fanciful, absurd horseshit from antiquity they’re inclined to. Just don’t push it as factual and true when it’s not.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
What about people who grew up in religion, embrace it and live ordinary lives? Are they grifters? Are they liars?
I’m talking about the pastors and religious leaders who know better but still con people into putting their hard-earned money into the collection plate so these grifting religious nuts can fly around in private jets while average people can barely afford the mortgage and the food they put on the table for their families.

I hadn't been to church in years until I recently attended my mother-in-law's funeral at a black church. I've never seen sharper dressed people in all my life. All of the older ladies wore beautiful hats and matching dresses.

I showed up in khaki pants, dress shoes, a tie and blue sweater. It was easy to spot the Caucasian.

I’m talking about the pastors and religious leaders who know better but still con people into putting their hard-earned money into the collection plate so these grifting religious nuts can fly around in private jets while average people can barely afford the mortgage and the food they put on the table for their families.

The priests I know are true believers and they make under $40K per year.

Most pastors could make double if they worked in private industry.

How much do you make?

Reactions: abby97 and goldmom
In college I asked all my boomer coworkers if they had any kohls cash they weren't going to use and gathered like $120 of kohls cash and went and bought myself a new coat. I still use it, many years later.
Members only? Looks good on you, though...
IMG_4021.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT