Votes: 12 22.6%
  • For showing up other churchgoers?

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • For themselves?

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Other?

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters
Billions of people find comfort and joy through religious belief. It's apparently a very strong human need to believe in something greater than yourself.
Do you think that is what Christianity is about? Finding comfort and joy? F no, it’s about finding salvation in your one Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Anything less is the religious equivalent of jerking off.

What does this have to do with your question?
Or was the whole thread just so you could get a jab in at Christian people?

Because @BrianNole777 tells us all the time on HORT that churches are losing members left and right. So, my point is maybe they’re removing a barrier to stop the exodus by not expecting fancy dress.

Not everything is intended to increase your butt hurt, unless you make it that way of course.

Reactions: Ree4
Jesus dressed like this,
The Big Lebowski Film GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

why did we go away from that?

Respect to themselves and the institution mostly.

I'm sure there are those who enjoy wearing more expensive outfits to show off their wealth but there is no escaping people like that in general.

Because @BrianNole777 tells us all the time on HORT that churches are losing members left and right. So, my point is maybe they’re removing a barrier to stop the exodus by not expecting fancy dress.

Not everything is intended to increase your butt hurt, unless you make it that way of course.
Nice try on both of these items. The Christian faith is actually growing which Brian has mentioned. Are you trying to say the faith is growing but people aren’t going to church?

you did it solely to bitch about Christian’s. Good thing your cult has nothing about lying.

• Haha
Reactions: EasyHawk
Nice try on both of these items. The Christian faith is actually growing which Brian has mentioned. Are you trying to say the faith is growing but people aren’t going to church?

you did it solely to bitch about Christian’s. Good thing your cult has nothing about lying.

Uhhh, @BrianNole777 do you want to tell @IAFB2021Champs or should I?

You are free to have your own beliefs.

Church attendance is way down. Very true.

Is America improving??

Obviously not.

Great point.

Church attendance is crumbling in America (which is also crumbling as a nation) but rising in other countries.

I agree with you completely. I just try to provide a defense.

Christianity is over in this country.

I think it's due to the rise of atheism.

Religion has a protective effect against suicide and Americans are leaving Church in droves with 80% no longer attending each week. :(

You're right on one thing though, maybe you don't have butthurt and you just need some vagisil. Get off HORT for the day bud. It's the sabbath. You should be out celebrating your faith. And you can ask for forgiveness for the fib you just told (and the sinful use of that apostrophe).

Last edited:

It's growing in Africa and Asia and crumbling in America and Europe.

Is that what you meant?

Reactions: redbirdhawk
I think hyper-sensitivity is a pillar of religious everywhere. Phuck's sake, I just asked why people (used to) dress up for church.
To your original post:

In general- not just church- people used to “dress up” more often.

I dunno why we don’t anymore. Lazy?

Reactions: BrianNole777
To your original post:

In general- not just church- people used to “dress up” more often.

I dunno why we don’t anymore. Lazy?

To me it’s just as simple as standards changing. Honestly I don’t even own a suit and I don’t know why I’d even want one.

As far as people not caring about their presentation, I work out 5 days a week and really care about that. But I don’t know why I’d be interested in spending a bunch of money on stuff I don’t actually want to wear.

To me it’s just as simple as standards changing. Honestly I don’t even own a suit and I don’t know why I’d even want one.

As far as people not caring about their presentation, I work out 5 days a week and really care about that. But I don’t know why I’d be interested in spending a bunch of money on stuff I don’t actually want to wear.
I do not own a suit. I have three or four ties, I couldn’t tie one if asked.

43 yo- worn a suit maybe twice

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
Doesn’t this all just boil down to judging people?
Did Jesus judge people on the way they dressed or how they looked?

I'd say it's more judging behavior...which everyone does.

Jesus didn't judge how people dressed or look, good point. He was God made man though and I'm just some schmuck ginger. 😀

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT