Votes: 12 22.6%
  • For showing up other churchgoers?

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • For themselves?

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Other?

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters
I’m talking about the pastors and religious leaders who know better but still con people into putting their hard-earned money into the collection plate so these grifting religious nuts can fly around in private jets while average people can barely afford the mortgage and the food they put on the table for their families.

The vast majority of pastors who head a church live in near abject poverty. The TV guys and the mega-church guys? Yeah, they're slimy.

Probably, tbh.

Is that your excuse for the Catholic Church moving pedophiles around and protecting them from facing justice decade after decade?

No, it's just facts based on real data that you are ignorant of.

I’m talking about the pastors and religious leaders who know better but still con people into putting their hard-earned money into the collection plate so these grifting religious nuts can fly around in private jets while average people can barely afford the mortgage and the food they put on the table for their families.
Do you think all pastors have private jets? If so, we are all in the wrong business.

Reactions: BrianNole777
No, it's just facts based on real data that you are ignorant of.

Actually, I’m not ignorant of that data.

My point is if these men were truly of god there would have been zero incidents of child abuse, not hundreds or thousands. On top of that, there would have been no bishops or cardinals protecting them.

But if data that show child abuse in the Catholic Church is comparable to other organizations brings you comfort and lessens your cognitive dissonance more power to you.

Do you think all pastors have private jets? If so, we are all in the wrong business.
No.

It was one example.

There are 40,000 Christian denominations for a reason, though. Like I said, people are free to believe whatever illogical horse shit from antiquity they want.

Actually, I’m not ignorant of that data.

My point is if these men were truly of god there would have been zero incidents of child abuse, not hundreds or thousands. On top of that, there would have been no bishops or cardinals protecting them.

Not all clergy are men of God...far from it.

Most are good, some are evil.

That's irrelevant to the Sacraments and doctrines, though.

It's like judging Jesus because of Judas...

I hadn't been to church in years until I recently attended my mother-in-law's funeral at a black church. I've never seen sharper dressed people in all my life. All of the older ladies wore beautiful hats and matching dresses.

I showed up in khaki pants, dress shoes, a tie and blue sweater. It was easy to spot the Caucasian.

Even a room full of Midwest whites thinks that outfit is super white guy.

Maybe all churches are like this as I'm no longer a churchgoer, but I've been married to 2 Catholics now, and I have been surprised what Catholics wear to church given how judgmental some of them are.

I was raised Lutheran and I don't remember shorts jeans and t-shirts when I was growing up. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I remember men dressed up in suits and ties and kids at least had to put some dress pants.

Maybe all churches are like this as I'm no longer a churchgoer, but I've been married to 2 Catholics now, and I have been surprised what Catholics wear to church given how judgmental some of them are.

I was raised Lutheran and I don't remember shorts jeans and t-shirts when I was growing up. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I remember men dressed up in suits and ties and kids at least had to put some dress pants.
People used to dress up a lot more at Catholic Churches as well. When I was a kid shorts were a no no.
Look at clothing in general in this world. No one dresses up anymore. Sweat pants are common apparel when someone leaves the house now days. Hell I had someone show up to an interview in jeans with holes and a stocking hat that he wore the whole time. lol.

People used to dress up a lot more at Catholic Churches as well. When I was a kid shorts were a no no.
Look at clothing in general in this world. No one dresses up anymore. Sweat pants are common apparel when someone leaves the house now days. Hell I had someone show up to an interview in jeans with holes and a stocking hat that he wore the whole time. lol.

Neckties have largely disappeared, too. The official "businessman uniform" is now a blazer over a dress shirt with no tie.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT