ADVERTISEMENT

Why Is Biden Sending Gavin Newsom to the GOP Debate?

Newsome isn't doing a great job of running California. Style over substance. Check out California's financial situation, and their solution for fixing it. That's what voters should expect for the US if Newsome were to be POTUS. That, and Newsome welcomes an invasion.

Gavin has been running a shadow campaign for months now just in case Joe falls or is pushed down the stairs.

Its smart when you think of it. He can be ready for this year, or it lays the groundwork for 28. He can do it without a primary failure like DeSantis.

I think Whitmer will have a lot of support though.

Newsom's biggest weakness in a general is he's California's governor. Period.

He's charismatic. A great speaker and really good on the debate stage.

If he was the Governor of a place like Michigan or Virginia he'd be much, much more viable in a general election.

California just attaches too much baggage to him...

Newsom's biggest weakness in a general is he's California's governor. Period.

He's charismatic. A great speaker and really good on the debate stage.

If he was the Governor of a place like Michigan or Virginia he'd be much, much more viable in a general election.

California just attaches too much baggage to him...

Newsom comes with his own baggage,.. That's why he's governor of California. He wouldn't be electable as a governor of Michigan or Virginia...

Lol coming from a Trumper...Yeah, sure

I always laugh when I see people say person X would be terrible for the country - it’s rare when they say someone would be all right from the other party.

I do my best to avoid that trap personally tho I know I’m not perfect at it. I know perfectly well that while I may disagree with their policies, at least some are unlikely to be “awful” for the US during their term.

Newsom comes with his own baggage,.. That's why he's governor of California. He wouldn't be electable as a governor of Michigan or Virginia...
My point is whoever wants to govern California has to...

a) Skew left just to get the job
b) Get saddled with a lot of stuff that just isn't in the Governors control. Very liberal cities decisions in regards to crime/homeless/zoning for construction etc.

If you want to get elected as President nowadays as a Governor it'd be better to come from a purple state IMO if you're a D or R for that matter.

Not a Newsom "fan" by any means but he'd be much more formidable if he wasn't the Governor of California.

I always laugh when I see people say person X would be terrible for the country - it’s rare when they say someone would be all right from the other party.

I do my best to avoid that trap personally tho I know I’m not perfect at it. I know perfectly well that while I may disagree with their policies, at least some are unlikely to be “awful” for the US during their term.

What they mean is that they resent paying any taxes. At all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT