ADVERTISEMENT

Will any of our pussy reporters ask Kirk

So - assuming Kirk gets asked what made Lester the guy vs Johns; and he answers in the generic coach-speak answer most would expect I think, will that satisfy you all? Or will you be upset if that's not the focus of the entire presser, vs questions about the process, who will fill out the staff, what changes we can expect from the offense?

There's times I think criticism of press coverage of Kirk is warranted. Other times I think its overblown - most of these guys know Kirk, and they also have a good idea what questions he'll answer and which he won't.

and with respect to the OP, I think it's also silly to complain about something that hasn't happened yet.

Reactions: Max_Rebo
So - assuming Kirk gets asked what made Lester the guy vs Johns; and he answers in the generic coach-speak answer most would expect I think, will that satisfy you all? Or will you be upset if that's not the focus of the entire presser, vs questions about the process, who will fill out the staff, what changes we can expect from the offense?

There's times I think criticism of press coverage of Kirk is warranted. Other times I think its overblown - most of these guys know Kirk, and they also have a good idea what questions he'll answer and which he won't.

and with respect to the OP, I think it's also silly to complain about something that hasn't happened yet.
At the end of the day, when message board posters say they want the reporters to “ask the tough questions,” what they really want is for reporters to get an emotional rise out of Kirk. Maybe even get into a shouting match.

I agree that criticism of press coverage is sometimes warranted, but people usually pick the wrong things to complain about. Both in sports and in general news coverage.

Reactions: sober_teacher
At the end of the day, when message board posters say they want the reporters to “ask the tough questions,” what they really want is for reporters to get an emotional rise out of Kirk. Maybe even get into a shouting match.

I agree that criticism of press coverage is sometimes warranted, but people usually pick the wrong things to complain about. Both in sports and in general news coverage.
I mean - someone posted as a joke, but it's probably going to be something along those lines. He's not going to take potshots at Johns to explain why he didn't get the nod, there'll be comments about him being a good fit, a reference to his time at WMU, etc.

My guess it will be a question like “kirk what made Lester stand out against the other candidates?” To which he will reply “just a really good ball coach, really good fit for what we have going here, lot of success, really remind me of (some random story about the early 2000s) really really good football guy and we’re excited to have him here.”
Holy shit - 100 spot on 😜

This hire is so typical KF. It comes under the file "we ain't sexy" bullshit. Besides, Ferentz wants to be the star. He doesn't want any coaches that outshine him. It's what he thinks of Iowa Football. We're a glorified MAC team that will never strive for a NC or playoff. 2025 is another toilet bowl that means nothing.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
What's it matter? Kirk is not getting fired. You can think he might be, but it ain't happening, so you can just sit there and beat your head against a wall. It'll be fun.
There are people who apparently think reporters have the ability to force Kirk to answer any question they want and they just refuse to.

if Kirk gets a question he doesn’t like, he will go into coach speak, tell some old story, or just talk thru the question.

reporters at this point know how best to frame questions to Kirk to get their best chance to get an answer from him.

This hire is so typical KF. It comes under the file "we ain't sexy" bullshit. Besides, Ferentz wants to be the star. He doesn't want any coaches that outshine him. It's what he thinks of Iowa Football. We're a glorified MAC team that will never strive for a NC or playoff. 2025 is another toilet bowl that means nothing.
It’s really starting to look like they fully expected some home run hire of a big name assistant, and that was always going to be extremely unlikely unless say Kirk promised say Ryan Grubbs that the HC job was going to be his in a year.

• Love
It’s really starting to look like they fully expected some home run hire of a big name assistant, and that was always going to be extremely unlikely unless say Kirk promised say Ryan Grubbs that the HC job was going to be his in a year.
This. Thanks for posting the truth.

OP will not be in good standing with Kakert. He can't handle when people call out the reporters and the questions they ask.

K
You do it. You pin him down. Send an email asking all of the hard questions. If you are so frustrated maybe you should do something about it instead of bitching?
I don’t have access. Is your son a reporter? Why so salty, did someone piss on your fall Saturdays too?

My guess it will be a question like “kirk what made Lester stand out against the other candidates?” To which he will reply “just a really good ball coach, really good fit for what we have going here, lot of success, really remind me of (some random story about the early 2000s) really really good football guy and we’re excited to have him here.”
100% spot on.

How about a pussy like yourself starts up a journalism career, work your way up to the Hawkeye beat, and then you can ask all these angry, drama queen questions? Good luck getting any kind of answer that will satisfy your pussy self.
I make better money

How about a pussy like yourself starts up a journalism career, work your way up to the Hawkeye beat, and then you can ask all these angry, drama queen questions? Good luck getting any kind of answer that will satisfy your pussy self.
Bloggers, web site owners, etc are not journalist. Let's name them. Kakert, Howe, Harty, Eickholdt.. these are bloggers. Iowa awesome dude, terrible name for a site and a blogger. I guess technically working for a publication like Gazette you would be considered a journalist. It wouldn't take much to be an "iowa beat reporter".

I swear, people think Kirk is just going to blurt out the answer to questions he doesn’t like instead of talking around them. That’s why reporters have to try to frame the questions in ways he’s more likely to answer to.

• Love
Bloggers, web site owners, etc are not journalist. Let's name them. Kakert, Howe, Harty, Eickholdt.. these are bloggers. Iowa awesome dude, terrible name for a site and a blogger. I guess technically working for a publication like Gazette you would be considered a journalist. It wouldn't take much to be an "iowa beat reporter".
Journalist: a person who writes for newspapers, magazines, or news websites or prepares news to be broadcast.

Reactions: sober_teacher
K

I don’t have access. Is your son a reporter? Why so salty, did someone piss on your fall Saturdays too?
so salty because of people like you that spout off at the mouth all day with nothing to say. This entire post is a huge waste. It does nothing, it is just you pissing and moaning about something you choose to do nothing about. You don ‘t have access or you are just a lazy turd?

A google search and 3 seconds of my time and I was able to find Kirk’s email address. What else do you need. Please post your email with all the hard questions you asked and if/when Kirk responds you can share it with us.

Reactions: ichawk24
Kirk might have had that authority when Barta was his boss... I don't think he has that authority anymore.
Agreed - and frankly, I think he lost that ability in the wake of the racial bias controversy, and then the offense cratered on top of that.

Whats dumb is you and the other keyboard warriors thinking you are qualified to make a judgement on who is best for the Hawkeyes. Pretty damm arrogant too. Why not wait and see how it goes ?
It may turn out that way, I just want to know why Lester over Johns, what made the decision

Reactions: Bierhalter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT