ADVERTISEMENT

Will Brandon Smith gain some confidence from catch in the 4th qtr

The defender grabbed Smith's facemask on the strip arm down. Probably should have been called. Would like more high point catching as our WRs show alligator arms in receiving. Still glad to see Brandon have a catch and a big one. I will enjoy it more when he gets a TD. Go Hawks!

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if he gains some confidence and starts to get it. It would be huge for the Iowa offense if he can become a reliable player they really need that at the WR spot.

Time will tell. He picked a heck of a time to make his first meaningful catch in an Iowa uniform. Played that as well as it could be done. Got leverage on the corner and used his body to keep him away from the ball. It's huge for this offense if he can make some plays.

Reactions: Harbinger273
I was critical of him last week. It was the play of the game.

I am proud of him and hope to see a lot more...

Smith's "process" reminds a little bit of Clinton Solomon. He struggled a bit, but developed into a better WR over time. Let's hope this is the first of many steps forward for Brandon

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Great catch at a clutch time.

Was that his only look of the game?

What Iowa fan has not been waiting for Branden to "break out". That was fantastic, DB holding on while he goes and gets the ball - at that point in the game. Awesome.

He won vertically against man free coverage. If he can do that consistently, we will have something. Screw slant routes; just let him go vertical against man.

Looked like Stanley checked to that play too.

Keep the ball rolling, Brandon. And I only mean that figuratively. I don't mean it literally because you'll have caught the ball. It won't be on the damn ground! That is all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT