ADVERTISEMENT

Will it ever stop?

It will never stop. This is a multicultural country. Your outrage with continue. Wait until an Asian starts at Qb. It will be a big deal. You will be furious while the rest of us celebrate.
Your post reminded me of American History books as a kid that celebrated the US as a “melting pot” of humanity.
Wow. That is not very often celebrated these days.

Reactions: noleclone2
Odds of OP being a racist dick = 100%
I view him more like this….

there-was-one-cruiser.gif

Reactions: beanerhawk
Of screw off with that shit. That's what they all say... why do you care.... could you be... RACIST!?!

(that's obviously their play)

That's why I give liberals so much shit on their race stuff. They're a bit mental over it and then if you point that out they freak out and accuse you -- or "ask questions" indicating that you could be -- racist.

Given all this, I'll continue to poke at the left over race craziness. And by all means, call me anything you want, insinuate whatever you wish.

(and yes, I'm generalizing with the "left" here, some of this transcends simple political affiliation)
I never said or insinuated OP was racist. Never said that about you, either. I simply asked why does he care about a tweet by ESPN. It’s harmless. Has no impact on your life.

So by the response from most of you, I take it this crap will never stop.
I thought we were supposed to be one country yet we make a big deal by one race doing certain things.
WTF cares what color skin the qb has. Hell I’d say half of these “black” qbs have at least one white parent.

Last edited:
I guess my question is why does it bother you so much?
I won't speak to defend or decipher the OPs level of "outrage" but honestly, people of a certain age - post civil right era kids - myself included, were taught from a very early to not see or judge color.

Nowadays, it is pointed out in everything.

As someone else already stated, just being an NFL starting quarterback is a helluva accomplishment, what realistic point is trying to made by pointing out the race? To incessantly remind people that blacks have been oppressed? I think everyone with an iota of intelligence has gotten that message.

For the small-minded on here, particularly the OP, consider maybe, just maybe, that few seconds where that is emphasized during your broadcast isn't intended for you. Maybe, just maybe, there is something that doesn't directly apply to your fragile ego and desires. Maybe that mention is for the part of the population that was told they couldn't, told they shouldn't, the part of the population that dealt with real oppression, not this snowflakey BS.

Maybe some kid saw that and realized he could aspire to more. Maybe that kid smiles thinking about you whining in an armchair as the world leaves you behind.

So by the response from most of you, I take it this crap will never stop.
I thought we were supposed to be one country yet we make a big deal by one race doing certain things.
WTF cares what color skin the qb has. Hell I’d say half of these “black” qbs have at least one white parent.
You are unusually stuck on this topic. Get interested in something you can control. Like, maybe, beating your meat. Go pound your pud and cuss those damn people of another color taking your boy’s seat at the table.
You come across like the ole boy North Florida rednecks from my childhood. What a throwback…

I won't speak to defend or decipher the OPs level of "outrage" but honestly, people of a certain age - post civil right era kids - myself included, were taught from a very early to not see or judge color.

Nowadays, it is pointed out in everything.

As someone else already stated, just being an NFL starting quarterback is a helluva accomplishment, what realistic point is trying to made by pointing out the race? To incessantly remind people that blacks have been oppressed? I think everyone with an iota of intelligence has gotten that message.
You seem to disregard current events, provoked by certain folks, that are bringing skin color and ethnicity back to the forefront.

I’ll admit there are times networks will go overboard, but please. We’re not that far from HIMYM - with an all-white leading cast being the top comedy for a decade. Friends is still bizarrely popular on reruns. Black quarterbacks in the nfl is still a relatively new thing in terms of starting quarterbacks. Despite the number of minority players, the number of minority coaches in the nfl remains a problem.
The number of black head coaches is a problem but the numbers aren’t that far off.

The black population of the U.S. is 12.8% according to the 2020 census. That would mean the NFL should have 4 black head coaches for its 32 teams. They currently have 3.

• Haha
Reactions: blhawk
50% of all NFL starting quarterbacks have been since 2009.

Meaning a current 8th or 9th grader has been alive for 1/2 of all of them.

Only a few decades ago people said black men lacked the mental ability to run the offense, lead a team, etc.

The number of black head coaches is a problem but the numbers aren’t that far off.

The black population of the U.S. is 12.8% according to the 2020 census. That would mean the NFL should have 4 black head coaches for its 32 teams. They currently have 3.
Fun. Now do %s of NFL players which is a better metric.

So the black player population should be under 15%, amirite?

We are talking head coaches and positions of power not the employees. The NHL is 99% white should they only hire white coaches?
Are you saying playing a sport professionally is not very good experience for coaching the sport professionally?

Or that anyone in this country is qualified to be a head coach?

So the black player population should be under 15%, amirite?
But it’s way more then 15% isn’t it. Maybe because they are better at the sport. For years white players were better at the quarterback position. That trend is now changing and for some reason it has to be some big historic event. I’m not upset that most of the nfl is black people because I’d rather watch a more talented player regardless of color.
Manypeople are told they can’t do things in life. I bet a large percentage of all NFL players were told they weren’t good enough to make it. Yet all of them have. Why isn’t ESPN celebrating every NFL player that was doubted along the way. Someone told them they weren’t good enough to make it yet they did.
Maybe some team should just make an all black team and we can celebrate how great it is that a whole team is black players.

Are you saying playing a sport professionally is not very good experience for coaching the sport professionally?

Or that anyone in this country is qualified to be a head coach?
Playing professionally doesn’t automatically make you head coaching material.

And evidently anyone in the country is qualified to be a head coach. You have watched Nebraska football the last 20 years right?

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
But it’s way more then 15% isn’t it. Maybe because they are better at the sport. For years white players were better at the quarterback position. That trend is now changing and for some reason it has to be some big historic event. I’m not upset that most of the nfl is black people because I’d rather watch a more talented player regardless of color.
Manypeople are told they can’t do things in life. I bet a large percentage of all NFL players were told they weren’t good enough to make it. Yet all of them have. Why isn’t ESPN celebrating every NFL player that was doubted along the way. Someone told them they weren’t good enough to make it yet they did.
Maybe some team should just make an all black team and we can celebrate how great it is that a whole team is black players.
Ah, I think I see the problem.

What a bunch of whiny bitches. MAGAs seem to have the victim mentality today.
What exactly am I claiming to be the victim of? All I’m saying it’s the shits getting old. Why are we supposed to keep hearing about a black person(s) doing something.
I mean good for them but why is this agenda constantly being pushed on people. What exactly is it supposed to be doing?
We’re supposed to see everyone as equals and color doesn’t matter yet media constantly points out color all the time.

Some black kids I grew up playing ball with were better athletes than me and my brothers, some weren’t. There was no distinction by position, as we all played all positions as needed. I was a pretty slow dude in a sprint, but had fast twitch reflexes that helped when pass rushing or running the ball.
White players weren’t any better at QB as a whole than blacks were.
Your experience has been whites played QB because blacks were excluded from the chance. That is your perception. Not based on skill or smarts, but exclusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: sober_teacher
What exactly am I claiming to be the victim of? All I’m saying it’s the shits getting old. Why are we supposed to keep hearing about a black person(s) doing something.
I mean good for them but why is this agenda constantly being pushed on people. What exactly is it supposed to be doing?
We’re supposed to see everyone as equals and color doesn’t matter yet media constantly points out color all the time.
Cry some more

Reactions: This_Hawk_Abides
Some black kids I grew up playing ball with were better athletes than me and my brothers, some weren’t. There was no distinction by position, as we all played all positions as needed. I was a pretty slow dude in a sprint, but had fast twitch reflexes that helped when pass rushing or running the ball.
White players weren’t any better at QB as a hwhole than blacks were.
Your experience has been whites played QB because blacks were excluded from the chance. That is your perception. Not based on skill or smarts, but exclusion.
Yep the whole nfl didn’t allow black people to play qb.
Some of you guys are geniuses.

Yep the whole nfl didn’t allow black people to play qb.
Some of you guys are geniuses.
You must of had your head up your ass for decades. That, or you fell into line when the talk was that black players weren’t “smart “ enough to play QB.
Who am I kidding, you fell into line and are now one of the few still willing to promote that crap.

White players weren’t any better at QB as a hwhole than blacks were.
That’s not at all what I’m saying. I said players were played at the positions they were played at because they were better at those positions.
Others on here seem to think the nfl only played white players at quarterback. Not because they were possibly better but because they were white.

You must of had your head up your ass for decades. That, or you fell into line when the talk was that black players weren’t “smart “ enough to play QB.
Who am I kidding, you fell into line and are now one of the few still willing to promote that crap.
Sure that’s what they said. Hell iowas football coach said he didn’t play certain players because they couldn’t learn the playbook. They might have been better but if you don’t know your assignment or what to do on plays then it doesn’t matter how good you are.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
We are talking head coaches and positions of power not the employees. The NHL is 99% white should they only hire white coaches?
Considering the overwhelming majority of coaches have played the sport, saying 4/32 coaches in theory should be black just isnt correct.

and it’s not just coaches. Executives/owners are party of the problem also. lack of diversity contributes to the franchises that just continue to hire, fire, hire again because they always have the same voices, with the same ideas that don’t work.

Reactions: billanole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT