ADVERTISEMENT

Will Trump offer Haley the VP Spot? Would Haley Take It? -- Now with POLL

Will Trump offer Haley the VP? Will she accept?

• Total voters
Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
I'm sure Trump would rather have someone like Kari Lake as his VP, but if the Dems get out of their own way, he may need a balancer, not another extremist.

What do you think?

Haley is no less extreme than Trump...she's just more polished.
I disagree. She's certainly unacceptable to folks like us, so I get your point. But she's not as extreme as Trump, and is smarter. If she were to win, I'd expect her to be a sober conservative in office who would be much less harmful than Trump.

Of course the nation and the world need a lot more from America than merely "less harmful than Trump." But that may be the best we can do. We'll soon see.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I disagree. She's certainly unacceptable to folks like us, so I get your point. But she's not as extreme as Trump, and is smarter. If she were to win, I'd expect her to be a sober conservative in office who would be much less harmful than Trump.

Of course the nation and the world need a lot more from America than merely "less harmful than Trump." But that may be the best we can do. We'll soon see.
Haley as VP would back every move Trump made. If that isn't true then the speculation is pointless because she wouldn't take the job in the first place.

Nikki Haley is 52. So she can wait. Play out this campaign as good Republican and statesman, if possible.

On one hand, Trump may not survive another term. So accepting the VP role could be a faster and surer track to the presidency than waiting for 2028.

On the other hand, Trump might lock her in a closet to the point where she could seem even less relevant than Kamala Harris currently looks. And, of course, her reputation will be tarnished by association and because she kissed his hem.

The first question of Trump’s VP interview is likely “would you have done what Mike Pence did on 1/6?” Assumin Haley is honest, she absolutely would have.

Trump isn’t asking her to join the ticket.

The first question of Trump’s VP interview is likely “would you have done what Mike Pence did on 1/6?” Assumin Haley is honest, she absolutely would have.

Trump isn’t asking her to join the ticket.
He won't want her, but he could be convinced it's a smart move to appeal to disenchanted moderate Rs and to Independents.

You know Trump's ego wants a landslide. He wants to do better than Nixon vs McGovern. He wants to do better than Reagan vs Carter. You know he does. That's how sensible Rs will talk him into it.

He won't want her, but he could be convinced it's a smart move to appeal to disenchanted moderate Rs and to Independents.

You know Trump's ego wants a landslide. He wants to do better than Nixon vs McGovern. He wants to do better than Reagan vs Carter. You know he does. That's how sensible Rs will talk him into it.
He might want to. But his ego also needs an absolute loyalist.

He might want to. But his ego also needs an absolute loyalist.
He might just boot her out after winning. Can a President sack his VP? Has that ever happened?

If not, he could just make her life miserable until she steps down.

Or ask the presumably all-red Congress to impeach her.

Or he could "encourage" his followers to rid him of this meddlesome priest witch.

They're only loyal til their now. Remember Chris Cristie kissed the ring at one point and now he can't stand him. They always turn on Don eventually.

There are a lot of Republicans who were backing him for political reasons but there are people who are full on cultists who think he speaks for God.

He wants a full on cultist who will decide elections for him.

I think Stefanik's appearance on CNN last night basically locked up her spot at VP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT